Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Batch Forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=116884)

psychoangel691 02-2-2011 10:25 AM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plan_Bsk81127 (Post 3410445)
There has been two batches since the revival of the site, I think they had their chances to send in files that are on the custom from the downtime of FFR.

There's a submission cap here remember that. Some of the people on DF have never submitted to FFR before at all. And a lot of people wanted to make fixes to the files before sending them here. So chances are they haven't had the chance to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 3410448)
bmah is referring to files that were submitted to the ffr batches and the DF batches not files that were already in DF(at least thats what i got from it)

If that's the case that's a different situation. But it looks to me that it's don't send in something that can already be played elsewhere.

DossarLX ODI 02-2-2011 10:26 AM

I sent in two solid files of my own for this batch

This time I also considered a new artist: Adamaja456. I've also wanted to try out customstuff but I'm at my submission cap now since I'm also working on a collab.

customstuff 02-2-2011 10:51 AM

Oooohh :)

Well if you do step a song of mine, let me know if you need some fixing or cuts.

ichliebekase 02-2-2011 11:01 AM

Silvuh; I just noticed this with the spot you were talking about the 12ths being to the melody and not to any drums like I was stepping. Reason for that in that section is that there ARE no drums in those 2 beats. I stepped the melody so that there were some notes there instead of it being 2 beats of nothing when there was something still going on. That note on b159/62.84s doesn't even have a drum sound to it.

Make sense now?

bmah 02-2-2011 12:05 PM

As I said already, I'm ok with sending DF files this batch, because I didn't bring the issue up beforehand. Get your stuff in before the closing date of Feb 7.

psychoangel691 02-2-2011 12:09 PM

Okay, was just a bit confused with it.

One Winged Angel 02-2-2011 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3410491)
Get your stuff in before the closing date of Feb 7.

ok, I'm off today and just read this...I don't really follow this thread that much but am I correct in believing that the batch is currently open until Feb 7?

If so, fuck, I'm stepping something today

ichliebekase 02-2-2011 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Winged Angel (Post 3410499)
ok, I'm off today and just read this...I don't really follow this thread that much but am I correct in believing that the batch is currently open until Feb 7?

If so, fuck, I'm stepping something today

You are correct. Open until 11:59 PM server time that night.

Silvuh 02-2-2011 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ichliebekase (Post 3410466)
Silvuh; I just noticed this with the spot you were talking about the 12ths being to the melody and not to any drums like I was stepping. Reason for that in that section is that there ARE no drums in those 2 beats. I stepped the melody so that there were some notes there instead of it being 2 beats of nothing when there was something still going on. That note on b159/62.84s doesn't even have a drum sound to it.

Make sense now?

*nodnod* I was aware of that; but my reasoning involves the violin sound that's just on every fourth (and isn't the melody). It just so happens that the percussion covers every fourth, too. It's just this one beat where the violin fourth plays but the percussion doesn't. So leaving the arrow at b159 doesn't feel like it's inconsistent.

If that's not convincing, it's okay if you don't want to remove those 12ths. With everything else good, your file will definitely get queued next time.

i love you 02-2-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i love you (Post 3410450)
Time to send in my witchcraft file lol

Fixed

ichliebekase 02-2-2011 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silvuh (Post 3410503)
*nodnod* I was aware of that; but my reasoning involves the violin sound that's just on every fourth (and isn't the melody). It just so happens that the percussion covers every fourth, too. It's just this one beat where the violin fourth plays but the percussion doesn't. So leaving the arrow at b159 doesn't feel like it's inconsistent.

If that's not convincing, it's okay if you don't want to remove those 12ths. With everything else good, your file will definitely get queued next time.

I see what you mean now.

This look a little better? Didn't really want to make it a single note :P

Thanks for all the help btw.

Sent it in. I was getting anxious :P

MarioNintendo 02-2-2011 03:50 PM

Sent 4 files. Hopefully, Bmah and Jimerax won't cut my head off for flooding their inbox... :S

Arch0wl 02-2-2011 03:56 PM

Honest question: why is there a submission cap?

cedolad 02-2-2011 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arch0wl (Post 3410672)
Honest question: why is there a submission cap?

To prevent a shit load of shitty files from new steppers.

Xayphon 02-2-2011 03:59 PM

Judges need a break

woker-X 02-2-2011 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 3410666)
Sent 4 files. Hopefully, Bmah and Jimerax won't cut my head off for flooding their inbox... :S

you can send multiple files in a single e-mail.

They will tell you that haha.

Arch0wl 02-2-2011 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cedolad (Post 3410674)
[there is a submission cap] to prevent a shit load of shitty files from new steppers.

How many could there possibly be though? I'd rather judge a few extra files to grab the loyalty of a bunch of new players engaged with FFR than hold a carrot 100 feet in front of them.

(sorry about the brackets; FFR doesn't add quote trees so I added it to show the context)

cedolad 02-2-2011 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arch0wl (Post 3410682)
How many could there possibly be though? I'd rather judge a few extra files to grab the loyalty of a bunch of new players engaged with FFR than hold a carrot 100 feet in front of them.

(sorry about the brackets; FFR doesn't add quote trees so I added it to show the context)

I never really cared enough for the submission cap since I only step like 2 files a year.

MarioNintendo 02-2-2011 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woker-X (Post 3410679)
you can send multiple files in a single e-mail.

They will tell you that haha.

Haha, I did.

However, I sent one email without attachment and another one with outdated files that had no chance of getting in. So that makes three with the one I just sent.

kommisar 02-2-2011 04:41 PM

I guess the better you step files, the more privileged you are on ffr. It's sort of an oligarchic system where the elite have more power towards files or something lmao.

but yeah i don't feel like judging 30948230 files from one person that doesn't know how to step a file well. if they send 1-2 at a time, we can give that person input and they can build from there.