Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Brag Board (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Stepmania Challenge event! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=121336)

Sakish 11-28-2011 11:14 AM

Stepmania Challenge event!

Okay so here it is! I've finally gotten around to stop being lazy and actually posted this haha..

This is the new Stepmania Challenge thread, where I will host weekly challenges for the two most important things on stepmania:

Speed
MA (On MA challenges i will allow j7 if you want to compete with another person)

So basically, me Staiain and Kommisar will be judging files to play for both sections. We'll post the winners in a sort of a "hall of fame" it'll still be in this thread but just a bit longer down 8)

[THIS IS NOT A CONTEST, MORE LIKE AN ONGOING EVENT!!]
[YOU DONT HAVE TO SIGN UP FOR THIS, POST YOUR SCORES IF YOU WANT TO. YOU CAN ALSO POST IT EVEN IF YOU DONT PASS THE CHALLENGE JUST TO SHOW HOW AWESOME YOU ARE]
[IF NOTHING ELSE IS SAID THEN JUDGE 4 IS TO BE PLAYED]

Anyone is free to enter, for both MA and Speed. Rules will be posted under each challenge.

This is something i came up with a long time ago, just never got around to doing anything with it.. Now i realize that this is what the SM community need, specially with heaps of ppl coming back to this game. Hopefully even more will come back to enter these competitions! :)
I know this is coming close to the holidays and such and i emphasize with ppl who cant play and shit like that, so these are weekly challenges for a reason.

NEW STUFF! NEW STUFF! NEW STUFF!
Due to my retardedness im adding divisions in this. It was really silly of me to add too fast stuff, my apologiez for that.
There will be 5 different divisions in both MA and Speed. Going from 1st = hardest to 5th = easiest. You dont have to sign up for any division, simply post your score and the judges will recognize what division your posting too. You can even post to several divisions if you feel like it!

CHALLENGE STUFF:
I will post the new challenges around 8pm-midnight GMT+1 on Mondays. Challenges end on 11:59pm on Sunday's. New rules apply to each new challenges (obviously) Also just because you cant complete a challenge, that doesnt mean you suck at this game or whatever, simply that mabye the next challenge will be something that you are superior on instead of everyone else being this said challenge.

I dont want any QQing about how you guys suck (I wont really be able to watch out for this but if you do then prepare your flameshields) Basically i really cant stress this enough, this is to bring up the interest in competetive stepmania playing again, something that in MY opinion has been a problem in the past year.

About the "hall of fame" it will most likely be a list of to keep count of how many challenges you passed and so on, no one is losing. You can only win! Which is the point of this, to get people to trigger eachother to go even further in their sm skills.

Everyone can join, so why shouldn't you!?

Second challenge is here! Hope everyone enjoys this week and go beat some challenges!

Division. 1, Challenge no. 2! Speed: AA Earthquake oni

Division. 2, Challenge no. 2! Speed: Pass death reveals (melonman) 1.2

Division. 3, Challenge no. 2! Speed: AA vortex 1.1 oni

Division. 4, Challenge no. 2! Speed: FC anisakis heavy

Division. 5, Challenge no. 2! Speed: A or better on Smooooooch

///////////////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Division. 1, Challenge no. 2! MA: SDP AAA on Higan Retour Heavy

Division. 2, Challenge no. 2! MA: 30P or less on Of Course You Need Me and nEed Me....

Division. 3, Challenge no. 2! MA: 25P or less on Nightmare

Division. 4, Challenge no. 2! MA: 40p or less on Game Time

Division. 5, Challenge no. 2! MA: DDP FC Blue Army (Short Version)

NOW ADDED DIVISIONS! Please tell me if this is better, it SHOULD be better so i guess this will be alright.
Nothing super hard here either, just a starter ;)

Current and earlier challenge packs can be found HERE:
Challenge no. 3:
http://www.mediafire.com/?0qnj9e25vqqq5k5

Challenge no. 2:
http://www.mediafire.com/?fk63k3zld1m7q13

Challenge no. 1:
http://www.mediafire.com/?bgfmjz662ra55ox

I'll update the Hall of Fame whenever ppl post their scores etc etc :)
Hall of Fame: (Number of challenges passed)

XxMidigamixX: 1
kaiten123: 2
hi19hi19: 4
minhdo93: 5
sp1nzoK: 10
Staiain: 3
Sakish: 7
xXOpkillerXx: 14
EzExAzN: 7
Gundam-Dude: 1
remedy1502: 4
flash dualist: 2
HawkE: 2
alloyus: 7
AlexDest: 10
leonid: 1
wwplpmpn: 1
Puppet: 2
whocares973: 9

Sakish 11-28-2011 11:14 AM

Re: Stepmania Challenge event!

Seeing as i had one reserved post, here goes what most ppl wants.

Here we will have personal challenges.
I'll write up someones name as soon as they get a challenge, and the challenge ofc (duh)

For those who dont know what this is:
You can send a challenge to anyone by typing it in this thread, any score on any song, just say it here. And to whom it is ofc 8)
You will most likely also recieve a challenge yourself, if you are new it'd be best to post a few scores first so you can prove at what skill-level you are at.
To find your challenge simply search for your name (CTRL+F)

Also i really have to say this, i will be trying to update this as often as i can. It should at least never take anymore than 24hrs until the challenge pages are updated 8)

It wont look exactly the same as on KBO but i'll do my best : pleaseddog:

Player: Challenge: Sender:
Everyone|||| Pass Puppet's Confidence in Domination from LCP3 with Hidden,added mines xmod ||||XxMidigamixX Completed: Puppet, DJMAYYYYNE

Gundam-Dude|||| <10p AAA on IAmMe's Kakumei (SMG2) ||||Puppet

OneWingedAngel|||| AAA (or 0g full combo) on cetaka's Hidden Answer ||||Puppet

Sakish|||| FC on blade^'s Solid State Squad ||||Puppet

hi19hi19|||| <10 CBs on Toph's One More Lovely ||||Puppet Completed

AlexDest|||| <10p AAA on Kil's Visitor (Xoon 5) ||||Puppet

Puppet|||| <10 CBs on Twillight of the Thunder God ||||Sakish

hi19hi19|||| <10 CBs on Higan Retour heavy |||||EzExZeRo7497 Completed

EzExAzN|||| Pass on Rave7 ||||hi19hi19 Completed

Choofers|||| 2 Greats or less on Piano Black ||||EzExAzN

Staiain|||| AA Milky blue 1.3 ||||Choofers

Staiain|||| AA Sharpest 1.5 ||||hi19hi19

Puppet|||| AA Rain ||||OneWingedAngel

Leonid|||| FC Cetakas opening title ||||Sakish

EzExAzN|||| AA on Sandstorm extended 1.1 ||||xXOpkillerXx Completed

xXOpkillerXx|||| High A or better on Cry of the BraveV2 1.2 ||||EzExAzN Completed

Puppet|||| <20 Perfects on Stage 2 ||||Sakish

Hawke|||| AAA Uber rave on 1.6 ||||Staiain

XxMidigamixX 11-28-2011 12:52 PM

If only I have a mega skill-boost...

hi19hi19 11-28-2011 12:53 PM

#est heavy or oni

heavy I might maybe be able to pull off a pass on 1.2 assuming I can ever figure out how to BS the runningman section appropriately
oni I don't think I could pass. hell I can barely pass it on normal music speed ._.

Sakish 11-28-2011 12:54 PM

Sorry thats #est heavy

hi19hi19 11-28-2011 12:59 PM

btw I love how 324 bpm 16ths with awful 1-handed trill patterns is "nothing too fast"

lmao

EDIT- can't pass atm, definitely could warmed up though. I'll take it as a challenge to try to get a B, I think I can do it...

Sakish 11-28-2011 01:12 PM

Also i was the one that chose the first week's challenges mainly because i couldnt get ahold of stai and chris was prolly busy so you might have to experience a radical change in difficulty.

kaiten123 11-28-2011 01:12 PM

cool idea

SasHiiiii 11-28-2011 01:14 PM

How about creating a package with the songs ? Maybe people like this idea and want to join, but don't have the packs with the songs you selected

Sweet_Feet 11-28-2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SasHiiiii (Post 3578186)
How about creating a package with the songs ? Maybe people like this idea and want to join, but don't have the packs with the songs you selected

Similar to how Kommi ran the SM Tournament a little while ago.

Zon Fire 11-28-2011 01:36 PM

I like this idea a lot.

SM revival~

Sakish 11-28-2011 01:37 PM

Updated first post with DL link

hi19hi19 11-28-2011 02:08 PM

Might I suggest something such as "AA #est heavy on the highest rate you can" to include more people?
The skill range of Stepmania players these days is massive...

Either way I might as well kick this off: this is my best score on #est heavy 1.0 rate. It's a terrible score, I'm sure I can beat this, and I'm still convinced I can pass and possibly even get a B on 1.2 rate, but I'll have to warm up first.

Sightread of this file. I can't MA worth shit but at least I got an SDG... stupid miss, I blame the keyboard >_> I'll go for a clean SDG later, probably 5 or so greats. I don't think I can AAA this, I'm just way too inconsistent, but it could be fun to try.
As for the file itself, wow. I had no idea this file even existed but it's lots of fun, great stuff from kil as always.

Hopefully this will spark some fun amongst the more amateur stepmen on the forums... no reason we can't have a little competition too!

leonid 11-28-2011 02:12 PM

This looks fun :)

Gundam-Dude 11-28-2011 02:22 PM

Now I might come off as rude with this post but bear with me here because I have to comment on this. Don't take it offensively.

Reading through this, I'm wondering if -any- of you actually took the time to -think- about your target demographic here. From how you set this whole thing up, you're targeting only the so-called "elite" players that freely post SM scores and blow everyone away with how good their scores are.

Quote:

Everyone can join, so why shouldn't you!?

Challenge no. 1! Speed: Sharpest HEAVY 1.2 AA

Starting off with something not ridiculously fast

Challenge no. 1! MA: SDP or better on Kil's Deep magneta

Nothing super hard here either
This alone is a complete and utter joke. You're juxtaposing the fact that -anyone- can join with challenges that are aimed only at top tier players. You're starting this whole thing off on a giant scale, eliminating all chance and likelihood of anyone that -isnt- a SM Scores thread regular to post here or partake in this challenge. As an example, this is basically telling someone to join a DDR tournament for newbies/beginners and starting the very first round off with shit that top tier ITG players would play. Some tourney for "everyone" right?

I'll even use me as an example here. I'm more or less a decent MA player and to MA anything well you need a decent amount of speed and stamina. I can barely even AA Sharpest Heavy on 1.0 rate. Did you even consider how people that are neither accurate or speedy feel when you tell them to AA it on ****ing 1.2x rate. Setting your standards this high not only intimidates people but it completely drives them away. You're appealing to the regulars that's comprised of practically less than 10 people and if you're going to do something as gullible as name 10 players that can AA sharpest heavy 1.2x then you're wasting your time because you're proving to me that this whole event is only targeted to the inner circlejerk of players as opposed to an actual community. I don't ****ing care if the inner circle is what kept "competitive stepmania" alive because you lot only make up a miniscule percentage out of the rest of the world that only casually plays.

tl;dr If you actually want to attract non-regulars or new people, you -have- to start on a much smaller scale. For example, even asking for a simple A on sharpest heavy would be sufficient (even then this is still pushing it). Take your baby steps and don't toss people right into the ****ing game without thinking about it. Same goes for the MA challenge when you can start off with something as simple as AAA'ing a song.

With the way you have it setup now, you're not going to get anymore than 10 different people posting in here, let alone have this actually take off the ground. I probably sound mad here but if you want this to be successful, you're going to have to take stepman psychology (oops I said it) into account as well as the demographic/community.

hi19hi19 11-28-2011 02:32 PM

lol gundam dude I figured I'd just post scores anyway. He did say you could post scores if you couldn't meet the challege...

but yeah, stepman psychology. hate to break it to you but 324 bpm stream is in fact "ridiculously fast" as far as 99% of SM players are concerned.

leonid 11-28-2011 02:33 PM

Maybe we need to make divisions....

Choofers 11-28-2011 02:37 PM

and then there's some of us who have ok MA and ok speed, but can't get those kind of scores.

I've sdcb'd #est but I don't think I'm close to AA on 1.2 lmao.

Ziergdsx18 11-28-2011 02:38 PM

Anyone remember this?

http://www.keybeatonline.com/forums/...ght=Ziergdsx18

^Something like this would be nice to have again, with a few people in charge of it instead of just one. xd

hi19hi19 11-28-2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziergdsx18 (Post 3578240)
Anyone remember this?

http://www.keybeatonline.com/forums/...ght=Ziergdsx18

^Something like this would be nice to have again, with a few people in charge of it instead of just one. xd

There's an entire FORUM devoted to this that most people don't even know exists. Check out the Challenge forum, you'll be surprised.

Watch out for the cobwebs though- the last post in that forum was almost a year ago lmao