Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Dragon's Fury Engine is Back! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151238)

psychoangel691 09-1-2019 11:02 PM

Dragon's Fury Engine is Back!

I'd posted a few times in the chat but it seems a lot of people still don't realize it has returned. Yes! DF is back! I'm super excited, I'm sure some of you are super excited and for those who don't have any clue what I'm talking about it's an alternate engine that was born during the downtime of ffr in 09/10.

There's some really great files on there so be sure to go check it out if you've never played, and if you have before go enjoy some of your old faves!

Right now it can only be accessed by putting it into the R3 engine with this http://keysmashingisawesome.com/r3.xml
Go to options, other options, click engine playlist, add engine and paste there :)

Hopefully we'll have it up functioning on the site again as well in the future but for now, R3 is the place to be! Okay yeah bad joke, enjoy!

TC_Halogen 09-1-2019 11:13 PM

Re: Dragon's Fury Engine is Back!

Some things to look out for on the engine: numerous people created their charts initially on DF before they were modified to be on FFR.

Check out:

- Beware the Purple Water
- Obscene Amount of Steam
- No Purpose Flour
- The Bird's Midair Heatstroke
- Canary Part V (this one's a fucking doozy if you're up for it, woooo boy)
- =.The Ocean.=

... there might be others, but those were the ones that I found the quickest, haha

XelNya 09-1-2019 11:28 PM

fucking hell

I just remembered how much I want to aaa scatta

fuck you guys

now I have to care again

GIVE ME CLOSURE DAMN IT

psychoangel691 09-1-2019 11:29 PM

lol well go AAA it already :P

XelNya 09-1-2019 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 4696512)
lol well go AAA it already :P

the explanation of my rust is unreal

also

MADE IN SAITAMA IS BACK YES

psychoangel691 09-1-2019 11:33 PM

Lol, I feel you on the rust. I wanted to play so much on there when it was back up and running and I can't even come close anymore.

XelNya 09-1-2019 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 4696514)
Lol, I feel you on the rust. I wanted to play so much on there when it was back up and running and I can't even come close anymore.

on a good day I think it's actually still something I can pull off I'm luckily not rusty on most of what the file has in it

but the lag is uh, the problem for me unfortunately

rushyrulz 09-2-2019 12:24 AM

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

psychoangel691 09-2-2019 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 4696526)
omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

Your reaction here and in the chat earlier have 1000% made it all worth bringing back, haha. It makes me really happy to see the excitement for it.

rayword45 09-2-2019 02:02 AM

Please bring Hasse Mich to official engine

Ninty64 09-2-2019 02:58 AM

There are a lot of songs I liked on that engine, I'm glad it's back!

V-Ormix 09-2-2019 06:28 AM

does this mean i can play vital mission in the spanish desert again :')

TC_Halogen 09-2-2019 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayword45 (Post 4696537)
Please bring Hasse Mich to official engine

I don't have this chart anymore.

... I can recreate it, but the unfortunate thing is a lot of the colored stuff in the midsection is actually improper rhythms and would get dinged in the judgment process.

I can make it happen with fixes to those, though!

V-Ormix 09-2-2019 09:51 AM

awww it said error loading legacy engine but I prob didn't do some thing right

j-rodd123 09-2-2019 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-Ormix (Post 4696545)
awww it said error loading legacy engine but I prob didn't do some thing right

I had the same problem when I was using flash player 9. Use a newer version or use the air engine (if that doesn’t work then idk but it loads for me on AIR)

SmexxxyBeast 09-2-2019 10:15 AM

engine works but most of the files are out of sync

psychoangel691 09-2-2019 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmexxxyBeast (Post 4696548)
engine works but most of the files are out of sync

Legacy sync, these were up before R3 was around and used to have to be converted at 6 for use on the legacy/velo engines. You should be fine with a global of -6 or -7 for almost everything aside from Silence and For FFR

TC_Halogen 09-2-2019 11:05 AM

I'm actually unsure of how to fix that without reconverting.

There's a property in the XML that's supposed to take care of it (legacySync), but I guess I'm not certain how it works because anytime I add a value to it, nothing changes.

Charu 09-2-2019 11:28 AM

Yo, just want to shoutout to Mi40's "Where's Bill" chart.

Also "Cest What" by TC_Halogen.

Sky Kitten 09-2-2019 11:33 AM

Made in Saitama was my favourite file to play on that engine. Glad to see it back up and running! :D