Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Bynary's First One-Handed Tournament (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=98290)

Bynary Fission 08-21-2008 06:35 PM

Bynary's First One-Handed Tournament

-Bynary Fission's One-Handed Tournament of 2008-

Concluded!

Congratulations to all those who participated! This was quite a successful tournament, and an interesting one too. Perhaps in the future, I can hold another one, bugger and better than before. I'll send all prizes and PMs in the morning, since it's very late, and I have to wake up to school in a few hours (ugh).

Finally, I got around to doing this. As the thread title states, this is a one-handed tournament. So make sure you know how many hands you play with before you sign up. :razz: If you don't and wish to join, I'll add you in at my own discretion (which is a yes or no), and I do prefer videos to get an idea of your skill level.

While I won't be asking everybody who wants to join for video proof, I will ask certain people for it, based on your skill level, whether I know you, your join date, etc. For example, somebody with 50 skill tokens, 250 FCs, and 50 AAAs who joins in, say, April, won't be asked for proof. But, if you joined in joined in June, and you've already got Battle Ax, PLANETZ, AAA'ed a bunch of 9s, and have FMO FCs, then yes, you will be asked for proof before I let you join, to ensure legitimacy. Blacklisted people may not join, due to the uncertainty of whether they are cheating or not. You can ask to be placed in a certain division, and I'll most likely place you there, but I will be looking at everybody's individual scores before doing so. If you have 50 FCs, but several of them are FMOs, you can forget being placed in Beginners.

The rules of this tournament follow:

No cheating.
You may not post a score you have previously attained on a song, this is considering cheating. I will know if you do this.
And make sure you play with one hand, of course.

Breaking the three rules above will result in disqualification.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Now that we've gotten past the boring part, here is how this will be set up:

I will be putting you all in a set of four divisions: Beginners, Intermediate, Expert, and Masters.

This tournament is score-based, not combo based. I don't feel it's fair for a good score to go to waste for a miss or two. So for example...

Although the overall score is lower, the raw score is higher.

Although the raw score is lower, the overall score is higher.

So which will be better? In this tournament, the former score.

To keep it interesting, not all rounds will be score based. We'll have an anti skill round, and possibly one that asks for an impossible req, then see how close you can get (if we have five rounds, though I don't promise the round will actually be done). That way, it'll take more than skill to stay in.

You need to submit a score either by a screenshot or via PM.

A thing to keep in mind is that certain one handers, mainly four fingered players, have skill far beyond almost any other one handers on FFR (such as korny and RB_Quackies), so unless we can get enough people of their skill level in this tournament (in which case I'll create another division), I'll have to prevent them from joining to keep it fair in the Masters division (they would basically be ensured a win if they joined without the extra division).

For the tournament, I plan to have four or five rounds, should enough people join. For each round, if you cannot score above the line needed to stay in, you get eliminated by the deadline. The same rule applies to tiebreakers. Eliminations are based on the number of people per division.

Red indicates you in imminent danger of being eliminated. Yellow means you are in possible danger of being eliminated in the future, orange indicates a tie on the elimination line, and turquoise indicates you are fine. Gray indicates an inactive division (only during tiebreaker rounds that don't apply to their division).

Beginners (For Beginners Only to Difficult)

Eliminations: 22-10-5-2

Song: Concluded!

EDEdDNEdDYFaN - 4-0-0-1 (39795)
---------------------------

Intermediate (Standard to Challenging)

Eliminations: 16-8-4-2

TC_Halogen - 11-1-2-3 (46795)

Expert (Difficult to Very Challenging)

Eliminations: 6-5-4-2

datenshi-requiem - 55-4-0-6 (37615)

Masters (Challenging to VC+)

Eliminations: 6-5-4-2

Infinity. - 38-3-4-3 (54310)

Prizes

This is the prize pool for each division. Prizes extend down to third place. These numbers are not set; they will grow each time somebody donates.

Beginners:
1st: 22,500 - EDEdDNEdDYFaN
2nd: 12,500 - thehunter1117
3rd: 6,000 - Jellygod

Intermediate:
1st: 40,000 - TC_Halogen
2nd: 21,000 - Redsky139
3rd: 10,000 - chopperdudes

Expert:
1st: 60,000 - datenshi-requiem
2nd: 32,500 - Redorigami
3rd: 17,500 - 8 Hour Whore

Masters:
1st: 85,000 - Infinity.
2nd: 41,500 - Bynary Fission
3rd: 20,369 - irionman

In addition, the winner of each division get their choice of a 3-month subbie, or an album download + $3.51 in cash. (courtesy of Redsky139)

+++++++++++++++++++Donations+++++++++++++++++++

Bynary Fission: 120,000
Roy565: 81,000
Redsky139: 75,000
Thugzluv200: 25,000
foilman8805: 20,000
datenshi-requiem: 11,000
Crashfan3: 10,000
Redsky139: 10,000
Bluearrowll: 7,500
Xx{Midnight}xX: 6,000
SK8R43: 5,000
orlando2k7: 4,369
Card Man: 4,000

Total Donations: 362,869 credits

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I myself will be participating in this tournament, so don't expect any easy competition.

I look forward to beginning this exciting event with all of you. :)

~Bynary Fission, the Tourney Host

Sprite- 08-21-2008 07:52 PM

Re: Bynary's First One-Handed Tournament

Approved, and not in :P

Redorigami 08-21-2008 08:00 PM

Would I be allowed to join, or no?

who_cares973 08-21-2008 08:03 PM

my scores arent one handed but id like to give this a try :O

Bynary Fission 08-21-2008 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redorigami (Post 2664629)
Would I be allowed to join, or no?

I'd love if you could...the issue is that I can't prove if you're playing spread or no.

I trust you, but if I allow you in, I'd have to allow all other dual-style players in, and not everybody is honest.

~Bynary Fission

Kekeb 08-21-2008 08:09 PM

As long as you play 1 handedly for the scores, you should be allowed in regardless of your main style (as 1 handers can cheat by playing a different style too). I'll join, but I won't last long.

EDIT: I can record myself playing 1handed if there is no way around it.

Bynary Fission 08-21-2008 08:12 PM

Hell, I guess I will. I'll have to think about Red, but I don't think he'd lie.

I do expect very crappy scores though. :)

EDIT: That'd be awesome if you could, so I get an idea of what to expect (from what I've seen, even spread players are better starting off with one hand then those who are brand new to the game).

~Bynary Fission

hi_top 08-21-2008 08:12 PM

I play spread, but was originally a one hander. I can still play one handed. So if you let me in then in

Kekeb 08-21-2008 08:14 PM

Tehe, my scores are all spread and one score won't be enough to assign a division to me. Not worth the bother :P

EDEdDNEdDYFaN 08-21-2008 08:14 PM

I'll join. If any scores are fishy I'll just record :)

Redorigami 08-21-2008 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bynary Fission (Post 2664649)
Hell, I guess I will. I'll have to think about Red, but I don't think he'd lie.

I do expect very crappy scores though. :)

Oh please do, I haven't played one handed in months.

Beginner or Intermediate would be nice lol brb playing some one handed games.

Bynary Fission 08-21-2008 08:16 PM

Alright, sure. I'm interested to see what your scores will be.

P.S If any of you can record a video (spread/indexers/hybrid specifically) - I'd GREATLY appreciate it. I can add you in for sure if you do.

If not, I'll add you in at my own discretion, which may be a yes or no.

~Bynary Fission

EDIT: I feel stupid - I wasn't expecting spread players to join and play with one hand. Hence why I was unprepared for that. :)

funmonkey54 08-21-2008 08:23 PM

In for beginner. Trust me, when you see my scores, you will know they are one handed. lol.

EDIT: I have a feeling I will get killed.

Plan_Bsk81127 08-21-2008 08:25 PM

Put me in, this should be interesting, i am trash at one hand. Put me in beg. lets see how well I can match these true one handers! XD

Redorigami 08-21-2008 08:28 PM

According to the few scores I was able to get on SM (FFR won't load right now D; ), I'd say intermediate is about where I'd go right now. Feel free to put me in advanced if you wish though, but I can't promise anything.

Bynary Fission 08-21-2008 08:32 PM

Looks like Beginner will be very interesting. :)

@Red: I don't have any of the SM packs, so posting those scores wouldn't do me good. If you can get FFR to load and send me scores in a PM, that'd make it easier for me to place you in the correct division. A video would be even better.

~Bynary Fission

virus003 08-21-2008 08:34 PM

In!!!!!! Wooooooooooooo!

dood gone krazee 08-21-2008 08:37 PM

Hey, I guess I'll try it.

Beginner because I've never attempted one hand before.

If you could, send me a PM when the tournament is about to start. Please and thank you. :D

LoneW0lf 08-21-2008 08:37 PM

i acutally want in this.
its sounds funny.

ill get wrecked.

and if i need to, i can record myself one handed, please, only if i super super must :/.

beginner pl0x.

Bluearrowll 08-21-2008 08:44 PM

I play with 3 hands! I Should be in this! xD

Donating 7,500 to this.