Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Stepmania (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Stepmania Song Search! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=122365)

Trogdor!!!! 04-3-2012 03:49 PM

Re: Stepmania Song Search!

Bumping because I actually use this a lot.

bmah 04-3-2012 05:34 PM

Cool, this is actually pretty useful. Are there going to be more packs added soon?

dAnceguy117 04-8-2012 09:38 PM

Yeah, this is all quite neato, especially since simfile databases have gone the way of the dinosaur. Thanks for the resource!

qqwref 04-8-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3670323)
Cool, this is actually pretty useful. Are there going to be more packs added soon?

Well, right now I've added everything I have, so I'd have to download more packs to add them. Once in a while I do that but it's usually when I don't have anything better to do (like a break). However, you (and anyone else) are always welcome to send in data from packs you already have. There's a program earlier in this thread (post #30) where someone posted a program that converts a pack folder into a bit of text that I can easily insert in, so basically you could PM/email me the output of that program and I can do the rest.

And thanks Trogdor!!!!/bmah/dAnceguy117, glad this is useful to people :)

qqwref 07-1-2012 02:00 AM

Bump. I just broke 1000 packs.

A thousand packs, you guys.

When I started I didn't even know there WERE that many! I've downloaded a lot of stuff, including some really rare packs that are probably only in one place. By my calculations I'm probably more than halfway there, but we'll have to see - I keep finding obscure stuff I've never heard of and that wasn't on any of my lists, like a whole bunch of tournament packs from the Italian pad community that I found recently.

If you haven't checked up lately, I also have a little FAQ page and a statistics page set up. Some interesting trivia: the packs have an average of about 34 songs; the biggest pack has 415 songs and the smallest has 2. The most popular song name is MAX 300, song author is DJ Sharpnel, and stepauthor is NVLM_ZK. There are top 10s of each of these lists on the actual page.

Arntonach 07-1-2012 02:26 AM

You're missing the official Stepmixes, oddly enough. And just one little question, but do you think you can make a catalouge of single releases?

Choofers 07-1-2012 02:40 AM

A catalog of single releases wouldn't work, I think. Would it be for every simfile artist? Or just well known ones?

With most packs, you can simply google them with stepmania as an added tag and it'll direct you to a download link. But that doesn't hold true for a singles release.

qqwref 07-1-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arntonach (Post 3717935)
You're missing the official Stepmixes, oddly enough.

Getting there - there's still a lot of stuff left to go (at least ~500 packs). I'm also missing the DWI Extreme series and Tournamix, for instance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arntonach (Post 3717935)
And just one little question, but do you think you can make a catalouge of single releases?

Nope. Way, way, way too much information was lost when the FFR and bemanistyle databases went down. Even when the bemanistyle one comes back up, you'd be better off just directly searching there.

Callipygian 09-21-2012 06:51 AM

awesome work, qqwref. One request: could you enable a sort on type (4key, pad etc.) possibility for the 'current pack list'?

Pseudo Enigma 11-18-2012 01:49 PM

is this thing dead now? I can't get in.