Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   The Werewolf Game (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   ITT We remind thesunfan that he hasn't finished the stat sheet (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151183)

MixMasterLar 08-21-2019 05:39 PM

ITT We remind thesunfan that he hasn't finished the stat sheet

I deserve* to know just how statistically shit I am at the game.

*does not actually deserve shit

Svaz 08-21-2019 05:47 PM

Re: ITT We remind thesunfan that he hasn't finished the stat sheet

I’m definitely 0/6? This year lmao

choof 08-21-2019 05:48 PM

Hateandhatred 08-21-2019 05:59 PM

hi sunfang whats up

see I added an n now its badass I hope you like it

finish the stats now

flashflash account 08-21-2019 06:13 PM

money on me having a higher winrate than you, the viewer

XelNya 08-21-2019 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4694227)
money on me having a higher winrate than you, the viewer

my money is on being at least slightly more likable.

I could win if it was that

SubaruPoptart 08-21-2019 06:26 PM

Finna bet I did the best outta all-y'all this year.

dragonmegaXX 08-21-2019 07:02 PM

hi im bad

the sun fan 08-21-2019 07:16 PM

look
its
going to happen
someday

Funnygurl555 08-21-2019 07:29 PM

please finish the stats sunfan

MixMasterLar 08-21-2019 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4694239)
look
its
going to happen
someday

Shadow_God_10 08-21-2019 10:32 PM

Worst player ever, right here.

gold stinger 08-21-2019 11:24 PM

If I can work my butt off to judge an entire batch in less than a week, you have the power to gib stat sheet before September. :^)

Dinglesberry 08-21-2019 11:30 PM

TWG should be a forum that you need to request access to so people dont see this smut on the main site

devonin 08-21-2019 11:37 PM

So is this a project that is already in progress? I like making charts and lists and things.

MixMasterLar 08-22-2019 03:06 AM

I think he said at one point he had like the early games done and that he would get back to it and like

Never went back to it

And then everyone was sad because of it

_Zenith_ 08-22-2019 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinglesberry (Post 4694273)
TWG should be a forum that you need to request access to so people dont see this smut on the main site

Aye, shut up ya poofter.

Svaz 08-22-2019 08:42 AM

Quote:

I think at least part of it is to get new players occasionally; if it requires a bunch of extra steps, new people are less likely to play. I actually collapsed the FFR tab as I usually don’t read those threads myself, but I realize this might not be a viable option for all boards classed under “gaming.” I also don’t read sports but what I usually do is just, get this, ignore it and not click it.

Maybe try not clicking it instead of expecting an entire subset to move to seclusion for you.

the sun fan 08-22-2019 09:17 AM

Quote:

If the rest of the site has to deal with ur shit, I'm sure they can handle not clicking a thread they arent interested in

Charu 08-22-2019 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4694292)
If the rest of the site has to deal with ur shit, I'm sure they can handle not clicking a thread they arent interested in

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

XelNya 08-22-2019 10:39 AM

Quote:

I'd read twg smut over some of the gbin shit every day of the year

fucking awful

devonin 08-22-2019 10:49 AM

So what would be the desired amount of granularity?

Wolf wins/losses
Town wins/losses
3p wins/losses

Percentages for all of those individually and combined?

Dinglesberry 08-22-2019 12:20 PM

Quote:

its not hard to make the threads not appear on the homepage sidebar of new threads, they already do that with the Ask me anything forum which makes alot less sense than them doing it for this subforum

Funnygurl555 08-22-2019 01:46 PM

Quote:

LOL SUNFAN WITH THE ROAST IN A THREAD CALLING OUT SUNFAN

Charu 08-22-2019 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinglesberry (Post 4694318)
its not hard to make the threads not appear on the homepage sidebar of new threads, they already do that with the Ask me anything forum which makes alot less sense than them doing it for this subforum

Solution, make Ask Me Anything forum visible in sidebar.

Seriously, why are you trying to start something?

choof 08-22-2019 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinglesberry (Post 4694318)

you're just mad because twg is popular
you're literally saying "it popular so it bad"
how about you fuck off out of twg subforum
or set your password to a random string and logout so we don't need to see your posts ever again

devonin 08-22-2019 02:34 PM

Why would I want to make TWG threads not show up in the sidebar?

I actively want to continue to advertise TWG, not hide it.

MixMasterLar 08-23-2019 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonin (Post 4694307)

Wolf wins/losses
Town wins/losses
3p wins/losses

Yesssssssssss

the sun fan 08-23-2019 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonin (Post 4694307)

Wolf wins/losses
Town wins/losses
3p wins/losses

it was going to be something like

games played (not counting times you subbed out)
games subbed out
total wins
wins as each alignment

something like that for the baseline

EDIT:
games subbed out is a really hard stat to track, so maybe not even that
games finished would be more accurate at this point

storn42 08-23-2019 01:27 AM

where is games mislynched D0 ?

devonin 08-23-2019 01:24 PM

So uh

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

(That covers all the games which are done, but not in the history for regular TWG. Now I can work backwards through the history thread.

Funnygurl555 08-23-2019 01:57 PM

so is devonin doing the stats...........?

devonin 08-23-2019 02:04 PM

Well, I'm doing some stats. What gets done with it after is *shrug*

DaBackpack 08-23-2019 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonin (Post 4694851)
Well, I'm doing some stats. What gets done with it after is *shrug*

Thanks for stepping up for this. Are you able to do some ETL stuff, just to prepare the game results in a parseable/queryable format? If we have a repository or DB with the game outcomes, that would enable us to collaboratively conduct statistical analysis.

I tried in the past but parsing and cleaning the data was too strenuous to normalize, esp. when you consider oddball or bastard games.

devonin 08-23-2019 02:24 PM

I mean...fundamentally no I can't really do much ETL stuff with this particular spreadsheet. I'm doing what it looked like was wanted which was just individual player stats for town, wolf, and 3p.

Depending on the kind of data you want access to, making another spreadsheet that was more easily used as a source for data extraction wouldn't be super hard to do.

Basically it would be a spreadsheet that had everything -but- individual player stats. Total players, size of each faction, which faction won, total phases etc. That could be pretty extractable for various bits of analysis.

the sun fan 08-23-2019 02:51 PM

Mfw

Charu 08-23-2019 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4694864)
Mfw

DaBackpack 08-23-2019 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonin (Post 4694859)
I mean...fundamentally no I can't really do much ETL stuff with this particular spreadsheet. I'm doing what it looked like was wanted which was just individual player stats for town, wolf, and 3p.

Depending on the kind of data you want access to, making another spreadsheet that was more easily used as a source for data extraction wouldn't be super hard to do.

Basically it would be a spreadsheet that had everything -but- individual player stats. Total players, size of each faction, which faction won, total phases etc. That could be pretty extractable for various bits of analysis.

Oh no, I was just suggesting that if you were calculating the stats from a parse you did already, it would be good to make that public

The harsh reality is that someone is gonna have to manually clean the dataset to have a robust, scalable stats potential. I might take a look at that this weekend to gauge how hard that would be. I might devise a simple schema that captures like, win/lose for each player, color, role, modkill, etc.

EDIT: But yeah the principle is as you described. Having a spreadsheet that has raw data means that you can make as many stats as you want, just query the spreadsheet when needed

DOUBLE EDIT: I might just straight-up ask the MafiaUniverse mods what schema they use for their native stats system. No need to reinvent the wheel

devonin 08-23-2019 03:00 PM

"A parse I did already"

*Is going manually game by game through the archive because that's the only way to get at ANY player stats at all*

DaBackpack 08-23-2019 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonin (Post 4694868)
"A parse I did already"

*Is going manually game by game through the archive because that's the only way to get at ANY player stats at all*

Yeah sorry I realized this afterwards ^^;;

thanks for this work, I'll see if I can extract the game data over the next few days and we can work together to get stats done

devonin 08-23-2019 03:05 PM

Quote:

I might take a look at that this weekend to gauge how hard that would be. I might devise a simple schema that captures like, win/lose for each player, color, role, modkill, etc.
The problem is that this data isn't actually grabbable even if you were somehow trying to just extract it from a big text dump out of the archives, because it will say "Town wins" up at the top, but then for each individual player in the list, it doesn't say 'won' or 'lost' unless they survived to the endgame, otherwise it says 'killed' or 'lynched' and each line only says 'vanilla town' or 'wolf' if the game is basic. Often the role names in the archive are themed and so not clear whether they are town or wolf roles unless you're also checking whether there's any green or red text in the line etc etc.

the sun fan 08-23-2019 03:17 PM

I will pay u to do this btw

devonin 08-23-2019 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4694873)
I will pay u to do this btw

paypal.me/devonin

Red Blaster 08-23-2019 03:24 PM

Quote:

Savage.

On topic, wasn't Xiz doing stats for games way back when? I know when I was actively playing there was a TWG spreadsheet in google docs that showed things like win rate and etc.

DaBackpack 08-23-2019 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonin (Post 4694871)
The problem is that this data isn't actually grabbable even if you were somehow trying to just extract it from a big text dump out of the archives, because it will say "Town wins" up at the top, but then for each individual player in the list, it doesn't say 'won' or 'lost' unless they survived to the endgame, otherwise it says 'killed' or 'lynched' and each line only says 'vanilla town' or 'wolf' if the game is basic. Often the role names in the archive are themed and so not clear whether they are town or wolf roles unless you're also checking whether there's any green or red text in the line etc etc.

This is why my past attempts failed basically. I promised sunfan in the past that I would try to parse the game records and do the statistics entirely computationally. But there were too many edge cases in game design, as well as missing data from the history thread (I relied on BBCode color tags for alignment, for example, but this was unreliable because of ill-structured data)

To be clear, my suggestion is that I would manually tidy and collect the data and fit them to a specific schema, which then serves as a structured database which makes computational analysis easier

EDIT: MafiaUniverse has a fairly robust stats system built into the forum. This isn't possible for us, obviously, but I would like to see their schemas to inform a schema that we could adapt/steal for our own use on FFR

devonin 08-23-2019 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4694878)
This is why my past attempts failed basically. I promised sunfan in the past that I would try to parse the game records and do the statistics entirely computationally. But there were too many edge cases in game design, as well as missing data from the history thread (I relied on BBCode color tags for alignment, for example, but this was unreliable because of ill-structured data)

To be clear, my suggestion is that I would manually tidy and collect the data and fit them to a specific schema, which then serves as a structured database which makes computational analysis easier

Once I've passed through it all to do the player win/loss stats page, it would be easy to give you TWG local mod for the purpose of editing the threads in the archive to bring everything into line in terms of tagging and so on to make it easier to parse.

DaBackpack 08-23-2019 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonin (Post 4694881)
Once I've passed through it all to do the player win/loss stats page, it would be easy to give you TWG local mod for the purpose of editing the threads in the archive to bring everything into line in terms of tagging and so on to make it easier to parse.

The tidying doesn't have to be in-place, I was imagining just performing transcription on a text document or something. And then operating on the local transcription to produce database records.

Not that I'd ever pass up the chance to be a local mod fumu

devonin 08-23-2019 03:36 PM

Between Game 161 and now there've been ~81 unique players (I assume several names are just weird other accounts of other people somebody will have to go clarify for me who they are)

Of the players who have 10+ games in that span, the top player so far is inDheart with a 71.43% winrate in 14 games. And the bottom player so far is wayward_vagabond with an 18.18% winrate in 11 games.

the sun fan 08-23-2019 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4694878)

EDIT: MafiaUniverse has a fairly robust stats system built into the forum. This isn't possible for us, obviously, but I would like to see their schemas to inform a schema that we could adapt/steal for our own use on FFR

Talk to AA about that, he used to/does some stats stuff for MU

devonin 08-25-2019 12:43 AM

The best part of parsing the results is when the archive has results like this:
Quote:

1 - DaBack of Packs - VT
2 - Red Blastoise - VT
3 - rzrzrzrzrzrzrzrzrzr - Wolf
4 - storn420 - Tracker/Vigilante
5 - Tokzic ayy - VT
6 - Plopadop - VT
7 - just a box that is round - Hider
8 - Clownpiece heidy - VT
9 - XelNya the gif lord - VT
10 - thesunfan of flags - Detective
11 - THE Charu - Wolf
12 - YoshL - VT
13 - 27ninjabunnies the lone bunny - Wolf
I have no idea who "Clownpiece heidy" and "27ninjabunnies the lone bunny" are.

MixMasterLar 08-25-2019 03:41 AM

I love how in that game Yosh just gets to be himself lol

Edit: for what it's worth I have never used another account/name for TWG, so nothing in question is me.

flashflash account 08-25-2019 03:50 AM

Clownpiece heidy is probably clownpiece aka dude

inDheart 08-25-2019 11:38 AM

similarly, 27ninjabunnies is 27ninjabunnies

makaze is the person to ask about the schema

devonin 08-26-2019 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4695429)
Clownpiece heidy is probably clownpiece aka dude

"clownpiece aka dude" that still doesn't actually tell me much of anything.

Also: For weird non-standard games (Like CXIII: Capture, where everybody was on 2-person teams with no real factions) should those get logged as 3p or town do you think? I assume 3p.

inDheart 08-26-2019 01:05 PM

user Clownpiece here is someone that he also knows as Dude from other venues

storn42 08-26-2019 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4695427)
I love how in that game Yosh just gets to be himself lol

Edit: for what it's worth I have never used another account/name for TWG, so nothing in question is me.

Im happy nobody will know its me when i go on my alt Storn43.

MixMasterLar 08-26-2019 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by storn42 (Post 4695685)
Im happy nobody will know its me when i go on my alt Storn43.

"StirGuruLar"