Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Where's the Exit? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=142732)

Charu 09-2-2015 11:24 PM

Where's the Exit?

I can't seem to find the exit. Please sir behind the desk, please tell me where the exit is that's definitely not behind me and has a sign.

Where's... the exit?

Where...?

AutotelicBrown 09-2-2015 11:25 PM

Re: Where's the Exit?

The ride never ends.

TheRapingDragon 09-3-2015 01:33 AM

I'll take 'things customer's say when they've had too much alcohol' for $200.

Ohaider 09-5-2015 05:02 AM

Charu 09-22-2015 02:41 PM

Not more than 2 minutes ago, some poor, unfortunate soul came up to me.

She was lost, perplexed, and didn't know where to go.

She came to me, came to me with her pleading eyes hidden behind those glasses that must have seen many things that I couldn't possibly fathom.

She muttered... "I'm lost..."

I ask her, trying to see if I can lift her perplexed demeanor. "Not a problem, what're you trying to find?" I wondered if it could've been one of the rooms in the far corners since no one really has any business in there except for staff and people with appointments.

"...I can't seem to find the exit."

It was at that very moment, my smile faltered slightly as I heard that statement. I was instantly brought back into my memories of the other times someone has asked me this question. It makes me question what is happening in that point in time to the person in front of me.

I quickly readjusted though so she wouldn't notice, her pleading eyes telling she was serious about it.

"Just through those glass doors behind you," I replied. She thanked me and turned around. She did something that none the others did though. She saw the "EXIT" sign, shining brightly to all who wish to know that it was indeed the exit. She gasped and muttered something incomprehensible to my ears.

She quickly walked out not even turning around.

And I have to wonder, as I stare at her leaving through those glass doors, how in the GOD DAMN FUCKITY FUCK does one not know where an exit is when there's one GOD DAMN HOLY SMITEN entrance?

I will never know

Sorie 09-22-2015 03:20 PM

How strange, this is a common problem where I live.

You see, "Exit" is called "Sortie" in my country and sometimes people read too fast.

It ends up like:

Instead of

This made me popular for the wrong reasons; I feel guilty.

So, where's the exit?

Charu 10-17-2015 11:08 AM

...I just had four people come up to me and ask me with straight faces.

"Where's the exit?"

HOW?

I don't understaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand

Charu 10-17-2015 11:23 AM

The doors chimed, the elevator had reached its destination. The group of three ladies walked out, wearing gaudy coats, streaks of brown patterns and white fur coats. One adorned a black scarf, for today was a cold day indeed.

They came up to the person behind the desk, who was casually glancing at a monitor. He looked up to find the three staring and smiled. They smiled in response, walking up to the gentleman behind the desk wearing a blue plaid shirt.

"Sir, can you tell us where the exit is?" One of them asked.

The gentleman perked and stared at the glass doors behind the trio that clearly had the words "EXIT" lit in bright neon letters. He looked back at them with a smile.

"Certainly, just through the glass doors and around the corner," he replied.

The trio thanked him, and instead of walking through the glass doors, they went to the stairwell doors instead. They must've been thinking those were the glass doors, it didn't matter to the gentleman though, there was also an exit there.

In fact there was an exit in FIVE FUCKING AREAS in the building which are neatly labeled with the same brightly lit EXIT sign. He wanted to question their sanity when they asked, but he held it back, not wanting to cause a ruckus (and possibly lose his job).

Not more than five minutes later did another lady beep from the elevator doors. She also walked up to him with a smile and uttered the same question.

"Where's the exit, young man?"

"Just through the glass doors and around the corner," he had repeated back with that smile of his.

She nodded and walked off, this time going through the glass doors as instructed.

All seemed right, as the gentleman then went on a certain forum online in the hidden corner of the Internet. He was going to type his experience about another "exit" incident. He was halfway typing when another lady walked up to him. This one he had noticed in the corner of his eyes as she was fidgeting in place, clearly lost.

"Sir, can you help me find the exit?"

He looked up, perplexed that this was now the same question three times in a row. "Through the glass doors and around the corner," he repeated with a smile.

She nodded at him, and indeed walked through the door and around the corner.

It left the gentleman wondering just how on earth this was happening. Was it a curse, maybe? He couldn't possibly comprehend how patrons can come in the library and not know where the exit is.

YoshL 10-17-2015 11:34 AM

sortie my boats

Rapta 10-17-2015 12:50 PM

For some people, the first thing they do is to refer to a human resource. "Hey man do you know who is on the five dollar bill?" instead of googling the answer using the phone in their pocket which is definitely easier. For some people it's an instinct. These type of people think "I need to find the exit.. I'll ask someone!" and once they have hit the "I'll ask someone", even if their eyes glance over an exit sign, their brain is hard wired to find a human resource. We're all naturally social anyways, at least, most of us.

I think.
That's my opinion lol

Edit: oh this is chit chat

lol dumbfucks cant find an exit

FontSize72LOL 10-17-2015 09:19 PM

Where's the exit, CHARU?

Charu 11-30-2015 11:50 PM

And now... to post it here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4379875)

Where is the exit?

Charu 01-4-2016 01:34 PM

It happened again.

Where is it?

Oh where in the gosh darn is it?

Charu 04-26-2016 09:35 AM

And AGAIN

Gentleman comes up and kindly asks

"Sir, can you direct me to where I can get back to the parking lot"

. . .

Sure, no problem! It's just through the glass doors with the EXIT sign that you see over there and it's around the corner next to another EXIT sign in front of the main gates.

"Thank you."

Not a problem!

Red Blaster 04-26-2016 02:32 PM

You'd imagine people who go to a library would at least have a shred of common sense.

Gradiant 04-26-2016 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4426594)
. . .

I think you'd make a great comic.

Izzy 04-26-2016 03:41 PM

Kawaii025 04-26-2016 04:35 PM

The exit doesn't truly exist...or maybe people just wanna find an excuse to talk to you~ I mean I'd find an excuse to talk to a Charu too. You don't meet one of those everyday ya know.