Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Song Selection INGAME (Another One) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=91672)

Zageron 04-22-2008 12:34 AM

Song Selection INGAME (Another One)

I was looking at my PM area today, and I remembered that if you start to type a users name into the box, a selection of multiple similar usernames will pop up.

Why not do that for songs?

You can have a little text box at the top, where the current list is, and start to type your song.

Ex. Any song that starts with "{" (cornandbeans) You would simply search:
{
>{Adrinaline Pumper}
>{Arabian Assassin}
>{Blaze}
>{Colossus}
>{Firestorm}
>{Frozen}
>{I Don't Need You Anymore}
>{Losing Touch}
>{Paranorma}
>{Red Alert}
>{Rose}

and then when you added a letter:
{A
>{Adrinaline Pumper}
>{Arabian Assassin}

See what I'm getting at?

For more information on what I'm talking about, go here and type in a random letter or part of a username.

Tasselfoot 04-22-2008 03:36 AM

Re: Song Selection INGAME (Another One)

it's something that COULD be done.... but is it really that big of a hassle to go to the dropdown list and go down to what you need? it's a lot different for php vs flash. and remember... not so long ago, you didn't have ANY way of quickly getting to your songs.

it's like the whole "in my day, we only had 3 tv stations to watch!"

Xx{Midday}xX 04-22-2008 03:44 AM

Yeah, I see some redundancy in this idea. I don't use the dropdown list much, so I don't have much to say though.

nev670 04-22-2008 11:00 AM

i agree, but it'll take some work =/

MixMasterLar 04-22-2008 11:31 AM

Wasnt this already shoot down like 568 times already?

EAGAMES 04-22-2008 11:46 AM

I think this idea is better because I find the song selection thingy useless and this idea could help you find songs faster. The only thing the song selection thingy has that's good is the random pick.

xinpig 04-22-2008 01:06 PM

Nice idea but think of the LAG. it would probably be immense.

richyrich55 04-28-2008 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tasselfoot (Post 2131268)
but is it really that big of a hassle to go to the dropdown list and go down to what you need?

If I am not mistaken, not all the songs are listed in the drop down menu...correct me if I'm wrong of course.

Btw, 300th post.

hoochan 04-28-2008 05:08 AM

The dropdown menu would be a lot better if D1 and D2 songs were included.

Zageron 04-28-2008 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoochan (Post 2140506)
The dropdown menu would be a lot better if D1 and D2 songs were included.

xD Yeah but even if your could hit the first letter of the song you were looking for, just to jump down to it...

windsurfer-sp 04-28-2008 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zageron (Post 2140575)
xD Yeah but even if your could hit the first letter of the song you were looking for, just to jump down to it...

Either of the two ideas I would love. As always we are unknowledgeable on the practicalities of the ideas we propose. If time could be spent better elsewhere, I think we all understand.

sumzup 04-28-2008 10:46 AM

Yeah, some sort of letter selection would be the best compromise. As it is, I find myself having to be careful when trying to scroll and find stuff; obviously Flash isn't well-suited to making menus.

LLaMaSaUceYup 04-28-2008 10:59 AM

I'll just say that I would definitely use it, since I never really get around to the (s) button.

made a picture for fun ;p

EDIT:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tasselfoot (Post 2131268)
it's a lot different for php vs flash. and remember... not so long ago, you didn't have ANY way of quickly getting to your songs.

it's like the whole "in my day, we only had 3 tv stations to watch!"

Yeah but I think we can suit for now without the idea.
There is always the future, where it will be more easily implimented.

FallenXxRaven 04-28-2008 01:48 PM

Maybe even just an option that would be something like "Only show songs that start with *letter*" so that way isntead of searching through AAAAAAABBBBBBBBCCCCCCCCDDDDDDEEEEEEFFFFFFF for your song you could just select F and only see FFFFFFF.

Perhaps even just a little box that contains the alphabet and a blank space, along with any characters contained in song names. Example:
<[ ]>(all songs shown) <[C]>(only songs that start with C shown)
The < and > would be clickable arrows, just like switching genres.

Perhaps not as effective for finding songs as a search bar, but there would be less lag, and only 1/26 of the alphabet to deal with.