Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Songs and Artist Permissions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   FFR's Stepfiles (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=85088)

RVL 01-5-2008 09:36 PM

FFR's Stepfiles

I have some questions about FFR's stepfiles.

A few users have told me FFR has a step delay of 10. Does this mean that if I put in steps right as the song starts, they'll be "hidden"?

Also, Tasselfoot said that stepfiles for FFR need to be private. If that's the case, I'll need to ask permission for the song (thread about it in another category.)

If I am going to submit a FFR stepfile of a song such as Zanzibar Green by The Fat’s Sobabah vs. FGJ, can I decide whether it should be a token? Or does a moderator consider this?

Also, what step difficulty do I submit (beginner, light, standard, heavy, oni, edit)

This is more of a question, but I put it in General Talk for discussing what files to put on.

EDIT: Sorry I meant to put this in Song permission and upload subforum

omgitznpv 01-5-2008 09:45 PM

Re: FFR's Stepfiles

Responding in order.

-Yes. If you have steps in the first one and a third seconds (or somewhere near there), your steps will be cut-off.

-I'm not 100% sure of what you mean here, but if you mean that other people shouldn't play your files for FFR, pretty much yes. You can get your file tested by a few other people, but you can't let a million people have access to it.

-I don't think you can decide. Pretty sure Tass (or whoever) would decide.

-It doesn't matter- I've used light, standard, and oni, and none made a difference.

Hope this helped, but I don't know everything.

Nightfirecat 01-6-2008 12:56 AM

Generally, you shouldn't put any steps in the first 2 seconds.

Don't openly distribute it.

Nope; Tass or moderator decision.

Doesn't matter what SM difficulty, but don't put two different difficulties into the file you're submitting.

dore 01-6-2008 03:50 AM

Don't put it in beginner or edit difficulties, only light-oni.

jimerax 01-6-2008 08:05 AM

1. Don't use first 2 seconds of the song for steps.
2. If you make a file for FFR, don't upload it to public places.
3. You can't determine that your file will be released as a regular song or token song.
4. Any difficulty is basically ok but you shouldn't use edit. of course 1 difficulty only.
5. Moved to songs/permissions subforum.

Tasselfoot 01-6-2008 09:19 AM

also check out the sticky'd thread in this forum that is a guide to stepping/submitting for FFR.

MetalMadness987 07-17-2008 10:47 PM

yeah... im still confused lol about the being a author simfile thing

hi19hi19 07-17-2008 11:19 PM

A word on getting it to be/not be a token...
If you prod Tass or one of the other people with power in high places, they'll generally listen. Just, prod in moderation ;)

DayMan951 07-17-2008 11:21 PM

For a second there I thought RVL was back.

SonoKAI 06-18-2011 10:51 PM

But how do you upload them?
I mean, I know the instructions, but where should we go to upload them? I heard of some FFR Resonance thing that would let us upload the stepfiles. But to what I've ran up and down checking for such thing, it isn't real.
How is it that there are new stepfiles every week and the majority of us don't know how to upload them?! That is just weird.

DossarLX ODI 06-18-2011 11:07 PM

Holy shit account nostalgia much

Also the "New Songs of the Week" are files from the FFR batch, not the actual simfile database. Jimerax handles the batch files that are put into the game.