Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   I'm going to be in florida in 2 weeks, need suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=123595)

nois-or-e 04-21-2012 07:32 PM

Re: I'm going to be in florida in 2 weeks, need suggestions

I always go for the sweet onion sauce at subway~

flashpantss 04-21-2012 07:42 PM

Hmmmmm, I live in Orlando, and will be heading their (May 3rd) for my summer off from school for 4 months :)

Well, besides Universal Studios, and Islands of Adventure, and Disney. (Since I work for Disney, there is a ton of things within the Disney property you can do. AKA DisneyQuest, Typhoon Lagoon, Blizzard Beach, Downtown Disney, and 4 Golf courses).

You have Seaworld, Cirque du Soleil - La Nouba, a shit ton of Shopping, a place call Fun Spot (race go karts and arcade and shit). A crap ton of clubs if you go downtown, although that is opposite side of Orlando from Kissimmee. Taco Bell LOLOL

Water park called Wet' N' Wild. Also have a indoor skydiving place across from Wet' N' Wild. Across from Seaworld, you have Discovery Cove. A place where you swim with dolphins, swim with other fish and a bunch of things. Basically a big aquarium you can swim in.

Golfing of course, any course is good, since Florida has some of the best courses. Go to Windermere to look at the Multi-million dollar homes. Ale House is a sports bar place, is ****ing delicious.

Also have the JFK Space Center or Orlando Science Center, as well as Gatorland (if you are into reptiles). Also have WonderWorks (upside-down house) and Ripley Believe It Or Not (assuming this didn't go out of business [I haven't been on International Drive in forever])

You have Amway Arena for the Orlando Magic, and you have RDV Sportplex for Ice Skating (its a big deal to have this, since 5% of people in Florida know what hockey is or even try to skate/play)

Could always try to meet me too, if you want

I think all this stuff will help you stay busy lol

kommisar 04-21-2012 08:02 PM

excellent i'll look into all of that

except cirque du soleil. Being Quebec blood I've seen too much of that shit lol.

and my aunt works for the organisation.

flashpantss 04-21-2012 08:07 PM

Nice. Have fun, and enjoy your time :)

speeddemon 04-21-2012 08:20 PM

Also if you don't mind driving people seem to enjoy the beaches here in Pinellas county, and we have Busch Gardens in Tampa which is pretty fun, and Ybor is full of clubs. St Pete and Tampa have their museums as well if you're into that sort of thing, then there's Baywalk and The Pier, although I hear Baywalk is awful now and idk if they ever finished rebuilding The Pier.

It'd be like a 2:30 hour drive though, so yeah.

alloyus 04-21-2012 08:24 PM

Take hilarious photos

Syhto 04-21-2012 08:36 PM

discovery cove sounds amazing omgggg

oh im pretty sure there's also some really good haunted houses there like kingdom of skulls or something i d e k but it scared the pants off my mom

Bluearrowll 04-21-2012 09:44 PM

Bring lots of plastic rats for the Florida Panthers game.

Thatskier 04-21-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strum (Post 3680483)
Universal Studios and Island of Adventures bro.

This and for the best fish sandwiches go to the Ale House (there are so many of them down in florida)

UserNameGoesHere 04-21-2012 11:03 PM

There's a Lego Land AND a place that serves ghost pepper hot sauce? Since when did Florida become this awesome?

(idgaf about Disney)

Now I'm wanting to go down there dammit.

ddr_f4n 04-21-2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluearrowll (Post 3680543)
Sub sauce? Sounds sub par. Unless it's on my pizza sub automatically. Then it's sublime.

Selling at the subway

dAnceguy117 04-21-2012 11:44 PM

I'm basically still a Florida nub. I've never been to Disney World. Everything you listed sounds awesome flashpantss, you're making me wanna go road trip right now.

What I CAN say is that Universal Studios has maybe my favorite roller coaster anywhere. I grew up near Cedar Point and am basically a roller coaster junkie, so that's no small feat. Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit lets you pick one of 30 songs (plus a bunch of hidden ones apparently), and the song will play out of speakers built into your seat. The coaster itself is really nice too. You just can't beat the whole experience in my opinion.

Cavernio 04-25-2012 08:29 AM

Experience Miami nightlife followed by a miami hurricane.

neobahamut0zero 04-25-2012 11:20 AM

Be warned it gets ****ing hot, so pack lightly, but it can get very chilly somehow... Anywhere you go out to eat should be fine just don't go to generic resteraunt chains unless they are exclusive to Florida. Umm, the beach here is not as nice as other places, unless you go to Destine... Yea, try to go to all the theme parks :) There is a Bush Gardens in Tampa. Sea World is alright. Disney will likely be overcrowded and yeah, Islands of Adventure is sort of like Bush Gardens so it is up to you and if you are going to travel out of Orlando. It seems like there is always something to do in Orlando so you should be fine :)