Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   FFR Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=115681)

spm515 12-19-2010 01:40 AM

Re: FFR Suggestions

Quote:

Score is done differently, it's a total amount that you have missed in raw scoring, one way to view this is to hover over the score while playing a song to display the raw score missed. This is also the number that shows up on the score screen as missed. If you were to set the score fail to 1, you would fail out for anything besides perfects as anything else adds to the lost total.
Alright I see how that works now. However, for something like the situation I presented, it just isn't very helpful unless I know what the AAA score for that particular song is. And If I'm setting an autofail on it I probably don't. The FFR perfect project would help with this but it is incomplete and it would be annoying to look up the thread every time change songs.

bmah 12-19-2010 02:44 AM

This suggestion is merely to fix a cosmetic feature, but the progress bar of many songs isn't all that representative. Quite often, the progress bar would indicate that a song is near its end, when really it might not've even reached the halfway point.

Not all songs are like this. Some of them actually have a working bar that shows a correct progression from start to finish (where the end is -actually- the end of the song!).

Tailstail 12-19-2010 02:49 AM

I had a bar that finished like 2 minutes before the song did. XD Although I'm unsure how the bar works so I can't even suggest a way to fix it.

Patashu 12-19-2010 03:27 AM

some mp3s weren't cut to the duration of the chart when they were put in and the progress bar uses the mp3
for instance, play Humanism

Izzy 12-19-2010 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spm515 (Post 3373901)
Alright I see how that works now. However, for something like the situation I presented, it just isn't very helpful unless I know what the AAA score for that particular song is. And If I'm setting an autofail on it I probably don't. The FFR perfect project would help with this but it is incomplete and it would be annoying to look up the thread every time change songs.

If you are going for a AAA all you have to do is put a 1 in every autofail field and you will fail if you get anything but a AAA.

Velocity 12-19-2010 08:05 AM

The progress bar really gets the last note frame number, and uses that. I can't even access the mp3, let alone the length :p

Izzy 12-19-2010 08:12 AM

You could use the last frame of the sound layer, but it wouldn't make much difference. Or is that information lost after swf export?

Velocity 12-19-2010 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzy (Post 3373997)
You could use the last frame of the sound layer, but it wouldn't make much difference. Or is that information lost after swf export?

Nope, the only problem I can see with the bar and the time it takes to fill up is on a longer song, it would cause a issue where the pixel increase every frame would be to small and would glitch out, but that's a flash issue which this already is.

The converter also generates a Dummy layer that extends far past the end of the song.

Xandertrax 12-19-2010 02:20 PM

Howabout a new genre: Recent Additions? That would work a lot better than just stuffing all the new songs into Funk until they're sorted. They could stay in Recent for 2-3 weeks, then they could be properly sorted.

bmah 12-19-2010 03:29 PM

I was about to say...it would indeed be awesome to have a "most recent songs" list for the engine, not in regards to what songs you've just played (although that would be cool too), but the newest songs that have been added to FFR.

aperson 12-19-2010 04:52 PM

Yea I think that's a wonderful idea and I'll take a look at editing the table structure to accomodate.

Izzy 12-19-2010 06:59 PM

About the miss glitch. Would it be possible to fix if you made it impossible to get late goods and beyond? Anything past the three perfect windows would be a miss. And as soon as you got the miss it would make the next note the target note you are trying to hit and not be looking at the past note.

Velocity 12-19-2010 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzy (Post 3374437)
About the miss glitch. Would it be possible to fix if you made it impossible to get late goods and beyond? Anything past the three perfect windows would be a miss. And as soon as you got the miss it would make the next note the target note you are trying to hit and not be looking at the past note.

I could, but that would really mess up things.

Izzy 12-19-2010 07:35 PM

Just make it as an alternative game mode. That way more advanced players could use it to avoid miss glitch but have a more difficult time because late goods would be a miss. Maybe you could even get it to work by just having misses send the input to the next note even without shortening the window, but I'm assuming it already does this and that it needs to be shorter.

Or at least just try it as an experiment.

foxfire667 12-19-2010 09:12 PM

In the main engines, there seemed to be an implimented feature for showing the songs you have FC'd and AAA'd set up in the engine (as icons next to the songs)...although it is not currently updating. Seemed like a decent idea to have a quick reference to whether or not I FC'd or AAA'd a song without always pulling up the level stats and closing the browser again to play a song. Would be cool if that was put into action again.

Tailstail 12-19-2010 09:14 PM

That would be awesome.

igotrhythm 12-19-2010 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzy (Post 3366643)
What is the formula for calculating the final score? I could have sworn it was just raw score multiplied by combo.

Uh, dude, I already said it a long time ago, and it's also in the FAQ section (mirabile dictu).

Perfect - 550
Good - 275
Average - 55
Miss - -310
Boo - -20

Keep in mind that this takes into account the in-game scores you get for each step, and this way does a lot fewer steps than Velocity's version, even though it's the same thing.

master q60 12-19-2010 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3374254)
I was about to say...it would indeed be awesome to have a "most recent songs" list for the engine, not in regards to what songs you've just played (although that would be cool too), but the newest songs that have been added to FFR.

I just said this with a "new songs" genre

bmah 12-19-2010 10:24 PM

Except since "new songs" is a temporary thing, it doesn't seem right to add it as a "genre" category. I think it'd be better fit with some other sort of scheme, like a dropdown list or something.

master q60 12-19-2010 10:31 PM

The songs would just be in that genre for the month and then swItch out the songs to the right genre and start over again with the next month

Also, bring back gamebling if you can plz, that was awesome