Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG II - Postgame Analysis (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=17242)

User6773 11-7-2004 07:37 PM

TWG II - Postgame Analysis

It was a really good, really crazy game. I urge Kilga to stay - this game was won on a fluke. Flypie HAD to tell Tass that she was the seer on Day 1 to survive, and she already knew LD was the guardian. Thus the alliance began. That's how it happened.

Not a good way to win. AIM alliances are too easy for wolves to infiltrate.

Discuss.

Squeek 11-7-2004 07:38 PM

RE: TWG II - Postgame Analysis

Two things.

One - The problem with this game was CLEARLY the psychic. Had you "alliance" people not known Qreepy's identity, you would have never formed it without hesitation.

Two - Kilga, the reason I offed you is because you noticed my strategy and I didn't want you to spread it around. It doesn't help IF THE SEER AND THE GUARDIAN BOTH KNOW EACH OTHER, ALONG WITH EVERYONE ELSE.

~Squeek

PS - Also my last game. By the way, Chardish, something needs to be done about AIM with this game. I mentioned it to you, but I'll say it to everyone.

Let's say I have my "Maple Story" away message up and I return from the game to see that Chardish IMs me with the question "Who are you going to get rid of tonight?". I reply and he updates the page. Anyone that sees my status on aim change from away to back and then sees the post update will OBVIOUSLY KNOW what's going on. It tips off the fact that I may have a special role. And if you know who has all the other ones, it's basically, "Oh, right. Let's SEER Squeek." And if you don't have time for that, just vote me off anyway!

zildjian133 11-7-2004 07:40 PM

By day 4 I was like thinkin Tass and some other people were being very very smart wolves, yet at the same time I trusted he was a human. Until I talked to him I wasn't 100% if he were human or not. Good accidental stradegy.

lightdarkness 11-7-2004 07:40 PM

Flypie decided aprox 4 hours before you decided who to kill. She doesn't have internet, and was only able to check in a few times this weekend.

User6773 11-7-2004 07:42 PM

Squeek, I updated the thread 3 hours after you made your pick. Also, in the future, I'll follow that same thing - waiting a while until after I have all the picks to update.

zildjian133 11-7-2004 07:43 PM

I think the game was won 100% fairly.

lightdarkness 11-7-2004 07:49 PM

Question for Wolves: Did you kill be because I started the voting for Qreepy?

User6773 11-7-2004 07:55 PM

Statistics and game awards coming shortly.

zildjian133 11-7-2004 08:34 PM

Chardish must be working pretty hard for this game, thanks for doing this. Plenty of free fun.

Squeek 11-7-2004 08:42 PM

Chardish, I know. And I thank you for doing so.

It's my fault for not picking up on the possibility sooner.

Anyway, I retire. I'll gladly assist you in running the game.

~Squeek

PS - This also means I won't sub in either...that was kind of random.

Cenright 11-7-2004 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrESqueek
Let's say I have my "Maple Story" away message up and I return from the game to see that Chardish IMs me with the question "Who are you going to get rid of tonight?". I reply and he updates the page. Anyone that sees my status on aim change from away to back and then sees the post update will OBVIOUSLY KNOW what's going on. It tips off the fact that I may have a special role. And if you know who has all the other ones, it's basically, "Oh, right. Let's SEER Squeek." And if you don't have time for that, just vote me off anyway!

Create a second name that only chardish knows. Or, dont answer for a while if you think it might tip things off. Or just PM him and stay "away"

And, are all humans getting a win, or just the survivors? Because even if the dead humans werent survivors, we still worked for the win.

Kilgamayan 11-7-2004 08:52 PM

Re: RE: TWG II - Postgame Analysis

The beginning of this game reminded me of The Crucible. Anyone else notice that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by whorlichan
You don't think making an alliance of people you know are not evil to fight against those who you are unsure of or certain of as evil is intelligent?

I guess you think that whole UN thing is pretty worthless too.

I support the idea of making an alliance of people I KNOW are not evil. The problem is that unless I'm the seer, I have no way of knowing if the person I'm talking to is good or not. Anyone, and I mean ANYONE, could be lying, and just because someone else backs them up doesn't mean that person also got lied to or is lying themselves. You can hardly blame a real-life human being for not trusting the unknown.

We got lucky this game - not every game has the seer, psychic and guardian all find each other on Day 1 - and the fact that the odds were already stacked in human favor (as they had four more members than the standard amount) didn't help the wolves either. That's why it came down to "hunt and peck", as Tass put it. If we had the standard starting 14 the endgame wouldn't have been that easy.

Quote:

Two - Kilga, the reason I offed you is because you noticed my strategy and I didn't want you to spread it around. It doesn't help IF THE SEER AND THE GUARDIAN BOTH KNOW EACH OTHER, ALONG WITH EVERYONE ELSE.

I did what now?

Quote:

By the way, Chardish, something needs to be done about AIM with this game. I mentioned it to you, but I'll say it to everyone.

Invis/AutoBlock.

QreepyBORIS 11-7-2004 08:57 PM

RE: Re: RE: TWG II - Postgame Analysis

Autoblock?

Forum invisibility rocks, too. So does AIM invisibility.

<3

And No, LD, I don't think Sleepless offed you because I died. :P

Squeek 11-7-2004 08:59 PM

Let me clarify.

You figured out that there may have been a wolf in the alliance. And then you posted about it.

That's why I didn't want others thinking the same thing until after Blah/Roopert were gone.

~Squeek

Kilgamayan 11-7-2004 09:05 PM

o

I said that thinking more that Tass and The Q were wolves.

User6773 11-7-2004 09:08 PM

Awards are up!

GuidoHunter 11-7-2004 09:10 PM

Sigh, none for the people who were killed?

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

QreepyBORIS 11-7-2004 09:15 PM

QreepyBORIS--most incessant suck!

Seriously, I died as a wolf round one, and I died as the townsperson who was accusiong everyone of begina a wolf when they weren't on the LAST DAY.

I should get an award for being LVP. XD

blahblah18 11-7-2004 09:34 PM

haha poor Qreepy.. I was fairly confident Tass was a human the whole time thanks to stuff Cenright posted.. but I always thought there was a chance Q was behind everything and using Tass as a decoy and that he could have been a wolf... it was just a way of providing a cover if needed

User6773 11-7-2004 09:34 PM

That was funny, Qreepy, but it still didn't trump this for humor quality:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moogy
I vote for The Elder. HE'S A FEISTY ONE