Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums

Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   The Werewolf Game (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   TWG 190: Written in Blood and Betrayal - Game Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151416)

inDheart 11-6-2019 08:14 PM

Re: TWG 190: Written in Blood and Betrayal - Game Thread
 
Votes from post 4 to post 260
Night in 1:46:26

---
  • Votes -- Lynch -- Voters
  • 3 -- flashflash account -- Charu (26), Funnygurl555 (23), MixMasterLar (30)
  • 2 -- Riotpolice -- XelNya (30), DaBackpack (28)
  • 1 -- mellon_collie -- flashflash account (30)
  • 6 -- not voting -- 123kappa3 (22), mellon_collie (11), psychoangel691 (1), Riotpolice (13), Shadow_God_10 (12), SubaruPoptart (3)
  • 1 -- Error -- storn42 (22)

DaBackpack 11-6-2019 08:16 PM

Re: TWG 190: Written in Blood and Betrayal - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4701626)
opinions on roster

1. flashflash account-- wolf lean. only seems to be focusing on raeko when she wasn't part of the main beef in the thread. and he's tunneling her. the act of tunneling is par for course, but i don't follow his reasoning.
2. mellonxcollie-- null
3. Funnygurl555-- town. get it
4. SubaruPoptart-- forgot existed
5. Shadow_God_10-- forgot existed
6. psychoangel691-- forgot existed
7. 123kappa3- town
8. Riotpolice-- null
9. storn42-- null
10. DaBackpack-- forgot existed
11. Charu-- town lean because i mindmeld with him a bit
12. MixMasterLar-- refusing to read :P
13. XelNya-- wolf lean for reasons said earlier

my vote will actually go on ffa for now. hopefully i can be back when more goes on

this isn't a great reads list either

Charu 11-6-2019 08:18 PM

Re: TWG 190: Written in Blood and Betrayal - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4701682)
no no no

what made you think of it as a legit possibility in the first place? plenty of people over the course of time make bad reads lists, and very rarely do you see other players ask "did you make this bad reads list on purpose?"

what made you think this was a possibility this time?

I'm afraid answering that question compromises what I'm trying to established with our dear contestant. More information is needed if I am to devolve that information! And by that, I mean death!

[Gasp]

DaBackpack 11-6-2019 08:19 PM

Re: TWG 190: Written in Blood and Betrayal - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mellon_collie (Post 4701633)
Well, as I explained to Lar above I don't really care what his reads list contains. It was made so early that the contents are less important to me than the action of him making it. So I'm talking about that because I think focusing on the reads is going to lead us to nothing since those reads were based on basically nothing

which begs the question, why is the action of making that post inherently towny?

is that town read consistent with the rest of his actions since then?

do you still think he's town?

mellon_collie 11-6-2019 08:22 PM

Re: TWG 190: Written in Blood and Betrayal - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4701686)
which begs the question, why is the action of making that post inherently towny?

is that town read consistent with the rest of his actions since then?

do you still think he's town?

to me it's not really towny, it's just not wolfy because it's bringing attention to himself for no reason

Not if he doesn't come back and make his case

I don't think he's wolf necessarily, I just said I liked that he made that post. I never town read him not sure where you got that

DaBackpack 11-6-2019 08:24 PM

Re: TWG 190: Written in Blood and Betrayal - Game Thread
 
alright I'm caught up

this seems pretty easy right now which isn't usual, but I'll let Charu do his thing

I don't get the votes on FFA, his train of thought seems pretty natural to me, esp. his thoughts on raeko

DaBackpack 11-6-2019 08:24 PM

Re: TWG 190: Written in Blood and Betrayal - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mellon_collie (Post 4701688)

I don't think he's wolf necessarily, I just said I liked that he made that post. I never town read him not sure where you got that

noted

mellon_collie 11-6-2019 08:25 PM

Re: TWG 190: Written in Blood and Betrayal - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4701689)
I don't get the votes on FFA, his train of thought seems pretty natural to me, esp. his thoughts on raeko

he voted for me because I said I liked that someone had posted a reads list

uhh

Charu 11-6-2019 08:26 PM

Re: TWG 190: Written in Blood and Betrayal - Game Thread
 
And I voted for him because of his first post being a bad omen. Such is the way of events! It's true though, if you post "first", you'll be greeted with a lot of negative energy! It would be unbecoming to ignore such a sign!

DaBackpack 11-6-2019 08:29 PM

Re: TWG 190: Written in Blood and Betrayal - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mellon_collie (Post 4701691)
he voted for me because I said I liked that someone had posted a reads list

uhh

it made sense given what everyone thought at the time

you said "I like the reads list", and FFA's assertion was that "it's sketchier to like a bad reads list than to make one," which I can get behind because there is indeed plausible deniability for riotpolice, and less for you, a more active player

I took it to mean that FFA has higher standards for you as a player than for riotpolice

but apparently you liked the ACTION of posting the reads-list, not the contents of the reads list, which undermines one of FFA's premises, making it bad reasoning now

but my point is that his mindset at the time made actual sense given what (false) information he was working with

MixMasterLar 11-6-2019 08:37 PM

Re: TWG 190: Written in Blood and Betrayal - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4701682)
no no no

what made you think of it as a legit possibility in the first place? plenty of people over the course of time make bad reads lists, and very rarely do you see other players ask "did you make this bad reads list on purpose?"

what made you think this was a possibility this time?

This + DPB's catchup makes me feel this is DaTownBack for sure

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4701689)
I don't get the votes on FFA, his train of thought seems pretty natural to me, esp. his thoughts on raeko

Shit man I just complemented you too.
You can't defend his reasoning on why he wouldn't answer my question, but I'll gladly hear you out if you want to give it a try.

flashflash account 11-6-2019 08:45 PM

Re: TWG 190: Written in Blood and Betrayal - Game Thread
 
cool

flashflash account 11-6-2019 08:46 PM

Re: TWG 190: Written in Blood and Betrayal - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4701692)
And I voted for him because of his first post being a bad omen. Such is the way of events! It's true though, if you post "first", you'll be greeted with a lot of negative energy! It would be unbecoming to ignore such a sign!

I was really hoping you were joking

DaBackpack 11-6-2019 08:47 PM

Re: TWG 190: Written in Blood and Betrayal - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4701695)



Shit man I just complemented you too.
You can't defend his reasoning on why he wouldn't answer my question, but I'll gladly hear you out if you want to give it a try.

I mean I'm not the dude but my guess is something like

"if you're a wolf and I tell you what I think is towny and wolfy about you, you might change your behavior"

looks like he's 50/50 on you and wants to figure you out before he says something that might prime you one way or the other

not sure why he felt the need to point out "I'm actually not going to tell you why!" instead of... just not saying anything, but my second guess is dopamine

Charu 11-6-2019 08:48 PM

Re: TWG 190: Written in Blood and Betrayal - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4701697)
I was really hoping you were joking

Mmm, I may or not be joking. Who really knows?

flashflash account 11-6-2019 08:49 PM

Re: TWG 190: Written in Blood and Betrayal - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4701694)
it made sense given what everyone thought at the time

you said "I like the reads list", and FFA's assertion was that "it's sketchier to like a bad reads list than to make one," which I can get behind because there is indeed plausible deniability for riotpolice, and less for you, a more active player

I took it to mean that FFA has higher standards for you as a player than for riotpolice

but apparently you liked the ACTION of posting the reads-list, not the contents of the reads list, which undermines one of FFA's premises, making it bad reasoning now

but my point is that his mindset at the time made actual sense given what (false) information he was working with

I took issue with raeko talking as if something was there
"he's really putting himself out there" blah blah blah

flashflash account 11-6-2019 08:51 PM

Re: TWG 190: Written in Blood and Betrayal - Game Thread
 
The things that pinged me from MML aren't wolfy unless he acts on them by eod

can I see a fresh reads list from you MML

MixMasterLar 11-6-2019 08:52 PM

Re: TWG 190: Written in Blood and Betrayal - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4701698)
I mean I'm not the dude but my guess is something like

"if you're a wolf and I tell you what I think is towny and wolfy about you, you might change your behavior"

looks like he's 50/50 on you and wants to figure you out before he says something that might prime you one way or the other

not sure why he felt the need to point out "I'm actually not going to tell you why!" instead of... just not saying anything, but my second guess is dopamine

I get that's what he's saying, but yeah why make the comments at all? And obviously if he sees a pattern that I'm doing and I change it then it stands to reason he'll notice that too and call me out

except there was never a pattern to try and preserve at that point in the game

Like you see where I'm coming from yeah? It reeks much more of "I said a thing to just say it, now I gotta have a good reason on why I would say it"

MixMasterLar 11-6-2019 08:55 PM

Re: TWG 190: Written in Blood and Betrayal - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4701700)
Mmm, I may or not be joking. Who really knows?

I don't know what reaction you're fishing for but please go put the rod up

flashflash account 11-6-2019 08:55 PM

Re: TWG 190: Written in Blood and Betrayal - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mellon_collie (Post 4701633)
Well, as I explained to Lar above I don't really care what his reads list contains. It was made so early that the contents are less important to me than the action of him making it. So I'm talking about that because I think focusing on the reads is going to lead us to nothing since those reads were based on basically nothing

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellon_collie (Post 4701604)
I like that he did the reads list, I recognize there weren't any good reads it was on page 3 for god's sake.

It's the act of doing it itself that I liked. it seemed like he was really putting himself out there to produce conversation. Who cares if the actual reads were garbage, anyone's reads would be garbage that early on


People took it and ran with it as a reason to accuse you. When you were the first person to really start doing anything in the game and getting it going. I think that looks pretty suspect personally

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellon_collie (Post 4701489)
Eh, I like Riot's reads list. It will be good to be able to see his thought progression so plainly. Other plays can look back on that and see any inconsistencies from later in the game, so I think it's pretty ballsy to make one so early on

I still can't see you saying these kinds of things as a towny looking at that reads list


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution