Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG V: Red Alert! (Human Day 4 Victory?) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=18370)

Kilgamayan 11-30-2004 11:22 PM

TWG V: Red Alert! (Human Day 4 Victory?)

Anyone who locks this topic for any non-moderatorial reason gets booted from the game as soon as I notice it.

Anyone who posts during the night for ANY REASON gets booted from the game as soon as I notice it. If you're a mod and find someone dicking around in the topic in the middle of the night, lock it, topic split all the crap posts out, send them into the Garbage Bin, and show me/let me know when you next see me.

This is your only warning. And trust me, I'll have no problem getting replacements, so don't test me.

:x

k

I had to make some entry-allowance decisions based on many factors. Please don't hate me if you're not on the list, I didn't anticipate all the problems I would run into by going to focus on something else for a while. =\

List of pplz:

Kefit
CypherToorima
blahblah18
Moogy
lightdarkness
roopert
alainbryden
Chardish
Tasselfoot
evilbutterfly
Afrobean
sleeplessdragn
QreepyBORIS
whorlichan
Snapps
GuidoHunter

---

"There has been explosion in Tesla Block C! Hurry and call guards!"

The fifth attack on a Soviet Tesla Reactor this week was enough to make Premier Alexander Romanov take notice of this unknown threat.

"Bah! Those foul Americans, coming in here with their spies, trying to ruin Soviet war effort through cowardly underhanded tactics! I will not stand for this! It is time to nip this problem in bud."

An investigation of the most recent explosion revealed that 16 conscripts/workers had been in the area at the time. These 16 people were confined to a prison, where Romanov decided to take action. He whipped out a cell phone and dialed.

"General Boris! It is good you are in Soviet area these days, as I am needing your help. Come by Moscow Maximum Security Prison tomorrow, I have important job for you."

"Da, Comrade Premier. I assure you I will not fail your request."

The 16 prisoners were left there overnight, each wondering what was going on. Romanov had ordered their treatment to be more lenient than standard prisoners, so the night wasn't terrible. Still, no one wants to spend their time on the wrong side of prison bars.

The next day, Russia's finest in-field soldier, General Boris, arrived at the prison. Romanov had only arrived 5 minutes ago himself, and commended Boris for not keeping his Premier waiting. Romanov explained his problem as the two made their way toward the prisoners. When they arrived at the prison block where the 16 were held, Boris already had a solution Romanov was pleased with.

"So, it seems we have dirty American agents in our midst today. Such a problem is not to be tolerated. But a question remains: how to rid ourselves of them? Both our Premier and myself are fully confident in the intellect of Soviet citizens, so we will have the 16 of you decide among yourselves, every day, who you think is most likely candidate for being a traitor. Once you have reached a verdict, I will eliminate this traitor myself, to make sure they never foul Soviet land again. Do you all agree to this strategy?"

A chorus of "da"s went up from the assembled prisoners. Anything was better than being left to rot in a prison.

"Very well then. I have important business to take care of today, but I will return tomorrow, and that is when we will start process of elimination."

Boris left, followed by Romanov, who needed to get back to the Kremlin. He, also, had important business that day.

The 16 people looked around nervously, not sure what to expect of each other, when the prison guards told them it was time for sleep.

---

Aside from two normal wolves, the following special roles have been assigned to random people:

Tanya (Master Wolf): Tanya isn't America's best soldier for nothing, and she is quite proficient at stealth tactics. Combine that with her Russian name, and she will be very hard to identify as an American. Thus, she will show up as human if checked by the seer.

Guard Dog (Seer): A dog somehow got mistaken for a conscript. Don't look at me, I wasn't a part of the guards that rounded these people up. Anyway, this dog is perfect for snipping out enemy spies, but given the harsh conditions of the prison, it can only check one person a night.

Flak Trooper (Guardian): As he was a defense-oriented soldier as Russia needed him before, he has decided to a defense-oriented soldier as Russia needs him now. He has taken it upon himself to protect one person a night from any harm which may befall them.

Crazy Ivan (Vigilante): This guy is a loose cannon and a half. Willing to blow up just about anything, don't be surprised if he has a stick of dynamite hidden somewhere on his person, one that he can use to kill someone in broad daylight if he feels such is necessary. Of course, once he does so, the guards will likely search him and take away anything else he has that could be considered lethal.

If the person that has the Vigilante role is confused about anything, feel free to ask me and I'll explain.

It is now Night 1. Everyone that needs to send me a PM, do so. Note that the Vigilante, much like the Psychic, does not need to send me a PM.

Kilgamayan 12-1-2004 02:11 PM

Day 1

The prisoners awoke to a horrible sight. Someone had slit the throat of Comrade Kefit overnight without anyone noticing. Everyone recoiled in fear at the body, with his eyes rolled up and throat still dripping in blood.

Needless to say, when he arrived, General Boris was furious.

"What is meaning of this? Who dares to take coward's path and kill innocent civilians while they are locked up in prison? I will not stand for it!

You! Survivors! You will decide who I kill today, because I fear if I chose I may kill everyone in my rage. Begin making your choices!"

The thought of a very angry Boris was not what the already-frightened prisoners needed, and they huddled in fear.

Boris' eyes narrowed. "Do not make me repeat myself."

That was enough motivation for everyone, and they began to decide who they thought could have perpetrated this deed...

---

CypherToorima
blahblah18
Moogy
lightdarkness
roopert
alainbryden
Chardish
Tasselfoot
evilbutterfly
Afrobean
sleeplessdragn
QreepyBORIS
whorlichan
Snapps
GuidoHunter

15 people, so 8 votes is an instalynch. Note that an insta-lynch can happen at any time - there is no 24-hour waiting period in this game. You get 60 hours to vote. Vote wisely.

---

In case you're curious as to how the Vigilante works, there is one person out there who can kill anyone they want during any given day period (not night). They post that they are the Vigilante, state who they are going to kill, and that person is removed from the game. (Note that the host publicly confirms the role - the wolves can't lie because I'll point out that they're not the Vigilante.) The Vigilante gets only one kill, and after that they are no different from a normal human except everyone knows they're innocent.

It has also come to my attention that people have been asking others about their PMs because of roles having keywords. Rather than tell people to stop, I'll just list all the roles here so anyone can lie if they want to.

Conscript - Human
GI - Wolf
Tanya - Master Wolf
Guard Dog - Seer
Flak Trooper - Guardian
Crazy Ivan - Vigilante

---

And for the sake of tradition...

PLACE VOTES NOW

evilbutterfly 12-1-2004 02:14 PM

Well it had to be Kilga, he's obviously the master wolf! [/bringing up last game]

And damn, I feel sorry for Kefit. Twice in a row he gets killed...and well, no votes from me now, because I have no idea, especially since it's day one of my very first game. I'll wait and see...

The_Q 12-1-2004 02:25 PM

Ok, I'm not playing this game, to let everyone know. I didn't know when the signups were and missed them.

Just want to say good luck. Why didn't you kill Tass first?

Q

CypherToorima 12-1-2004 02:32 PM

Two reasons why tass wasn't killed. Wolves didn't go for him because they would think he would be gaurdianed, or he's a wolf (stating the obvious).

Bah, kefit was killed again, but why.

blahblah18 12-1-2004 02:33 PM

I don't know... he's definately not the obvious choice.. But then again, when is an obvious choice ever made?

CypherToorima 12-1-2004 02:37 PM

kefit must talk to one or more of the wolves a bit and know them enough to know if they are acting a bit odd. Maybe. Of course, there is always the reverse psychology part of it, trying to pin the blame on people who do talk to kefit alot, just like in the last game.

evilbutterfly 12-1-2004 02:43 PM

Why was he killed last game? To make people assume it was Kilga, perhaps? That can't apply this time because he's not playing, so I bet Kefit will be REALLY pissed off when he sees this.

And Cypher, they should have gone for Tass first. Seeing as to what happened last game (Tass got protected so much and it hurt the humans) the Guardian is probably wary of protecting him. Plus, the chances of him being a wolf are pretty slim. If he turns up as wolf, I'll definitly be surprised.

Anywho, back to Kefit. Why kill him? Does anybody here have close ties with him? I mean, I would have thought they would pick another person for a first night kill...

EDIT: Just for your info, my aim sn is evilbutterfly87. I don't have it shown here because newbs would IM me to death, but you guys can contact me about the game if you want.

Tasselfoot 12-1-2004 02:47 PM

i told Q at the start of game 2 that had i been a wolf again, i'd have killed him again on night 1. partially for cynical humor, partially because i feared him as a player, and partially to take suspicion away from myself.

when i saw kefit was killed again, i laughed. the cynical humor is amazingly funny in my opinion. also, kefit is a decent choice to kill because we assume he is above the average intelligence, yet still a low probability to be guardianed. also, on the off chance that kilga didn't randomly choose roles, kefit would most likely have a role. and lastly, since chardish and i killed kefit last game, this would be a good chance to pin blame on me. chardish too, assuming he is human.

CypherToorima 12-1-2004 02:48 PM

Still, Tass is an extremely important person to the humans if that's what he is. the Guardian would be wise to protect him for a bit unless he has a good reason not too. At any rate, I would try to avoid AIM alliances, since we know those can be easily taken advantage of. You can always talk with people on AIM, but don't automatically assume they are human. like blah said to me, these are smart people playing. I'm sure this won't be an easy win for either side.

evilbutterfly 12-1-2004 02:54 PM

Well, maybe Tass has a good point that they are trying to pin the blame on him and Chardish.

Or maybe the wolves are morons and picked Kefit because he's first on the list. I found that funny, because I looked up to see who all was playing and who might have killed him, and there he is at the top of the list. Just a random thought that maybe the wolves aren't smart like last time, but I doubt that.

And honestly, if I was a wolf (which I so wouldn't be able to pull off. I'm freaking out about acting suspicious as it is, as I told blah earlier) I would have hit Tass first. Then again (just thought of this) if he was killed he wouldn't be here for people to be suspicious of, and if he had been saved by the guardian the same would be true, plus the wolves would have lost a kill. Still, in my not-so-goodness in the game, I would have killed him first night (or at least tried to).

Tasselfoot 12-1-2004 02:57 PM

well, i wish you were a wolf then EB.... because myself and chardish are by far the most likely to be guardianed... therefore, trying to kill me on night 1 gives a really good shot of me warding off the attack and letting the entire game know i'm human from the start. if that isn't an advantage for the humans... i don't know of one.

CypherToorima 12-1-2004 02:59 PM

If not you, then why not chardish. I mean, the hard question is why did they pick kefit. I hate the first day. There isn't much to go off of

Kilgamayan 12-1-2004 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tasselfoot
also, on the off chance that kilga didn't randomly choose roles

o.รณ

watchu implyin'

blahblah18 12-1-2004 03:05 PM

haha do not incur the wrath of the moderator... for he shall strike ye down with a swift vegeance

Tasselfoot 12-1-2004 03:07 PM

just doing what y'all were saying about LD last game... and, my logic makes sense if the picks aren't random. and, no... i don't think you hand picked anything.

plus blah... kilga ain't no mod. oh shizzle.

blahblah18 12-1-2004 03:09 PM

Game Modearator... snaps

flypie743 12-1-2004 03:09 PM

>_>

I wish you would've given a time when sign-ups were coming. I would have joined, and Q would have, too. Oh well.

Good luck everyone.

evilbutterfly 12-1-2004 03:11 PM

Yeah, Tass, I'd be a terrible wolf =\

True, the Kefit question is the big deal. My vote this round will most likely be either fairly random or a complete bandwagon vote, because I have nothing to go off of. Although, I doubt it was Afrobean, because he's new to the game and would have went for Tass just like I said I would have. Besides, I'd like to think my friend isn't a wolf...

lightdarkness 12-1-2004 03:14 PM

Ok, my vote is semi random, but I have something behind it.

In Kilgas first post, he said 2 of the wolfs he hand picked. I was going to vote Kefit as a wolf, because Kilga would've given his buddy a special role. But obviously not, considering he is dead.

So i'm going off the comment Kilga made in the sign ups thread. He said he hoped qreepy was back in time for the sign ups. Meaning he wanted qreepy in the game. So my vote goes for Qreepy, because I think Kilga may have chosen him as a wolf.