Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Issue with v1.1.1 release (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151829)

mkxc3 04-4-2020 09:33 AM

Issue with v1.1.1 release

Hello, as you may know v1.1.1 has been released recently with added features and improvements, however a couple days after its release the game started to lag/stutter for me to the point where it's not possible to play.
When I first logged in on the new version it seemed fine, it was incredibly smooth and easier to read when playing.
The next day it seemed out of place a little, the offset was unusual and the game seemed choppy. I heard that other users experienced that too and I was wondering if anyone knows how to make the game seem smoother and not stuttery?

There are a couple of things I tried but to no avail:
1. Went to task manager and set FFR's priority to high, also ended unnecessary processes.
2. Used Game Booster
3. Tried different frame rates (default 60) like 55, 59, or went higher to 120 or 144
4. Reinstalled the game
5. Went back to the last version, but that seemed a bit laggy as well.
6. Restarted the PC

If anyone has any other tips on how to improve the gameplay, please comment under :)

grafx5 04-4-2020 10:52 AM

Re: Issue with v1.1.1 release

I had major frame rate issues until I turned on VSync under other options. My problem sounds a bit different than yours, but maybe worth a try?

mkxc3 04-4-2020 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grafx5 (Post 4723474)
I had major frame rate issues until I turned on VSync under other options. My problem sounds a bit different than yours, but maybe worth a try?

well, I tried turning on Vsync but that really didn't help unfortunately :/

M0nkeyz 04-4-2020 11:38 AM

I had the same problems with the offset and the stuttering. Also, on the standalone logging in took me back to the login screen.

URL 04-4-2020 06:57 PM

Same here, 0.0.8 runs fine, 1.1.1 stutters way too much, with or without VSync.

Kawakawa 04-4-2020 08:39 PM

Me too, too much stuttering and lag which wasn't present in the previous version so I'm using the old one for now~

PhantomPuppy 04-4-2020 08:51 PM

oh, i thought it was just me lagging lol. time to move back to 1.0.1 i guess.

Lycostria 04-4-2020 10:15 PM

I think I've only had one instance of stuttering, but it was running great for the rest of the time. Although I've only really played the Megalovania song on the 1.1.1 engine (the stuttering started to happen from the beginning of the song and I would have to restart the client to fix it) and haven't played other songs yet.

yo man im awesome 04-5-2020 01:30 PM

ironically, this is the FIRST version of Air I haven't had problems with. Gl tho, I think you've exhausted the options I would have thought to do

Rapta 04-5-2020 01:57 PM

We currently do not have a good solution to this issue. There are only two options you have to my knowledge, which would be:
1. Running vlc with a video paused in it.
2. Use version 0.0.8 until we come up with a fix. http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/....8.Release.zip

It's the fact that Air tries to use the dedicated graphics card; but can't tell the graphics card to power up out of low power mode, so running a video through vlc should tell the graphics card to get out of power low power mode.

Zag has two solutions in mind:
1) Create a toggle in game that allows the user to switch to the integrated graphics card.
2) Add a Stage3D component to the gameplay stage so air is "using" 3D, and therefore hopefully is considered a 3D high performance app.
Unsure when there will be time to work on it, lots of other things being worked on at the moment.

Hope this helps for the time being!

Kawakawa 04-6-2020 07:52 AM

Thanks so much for the update, back at 0.0.8 until fixed :3

Zageron 04-7-2020 03:31 PM

Yeah, I've got a version which runs far better. It's got a bunch of bugs I need to resolve, but it should run better now. (Especially when hiding all of the extras on screen like judge and accuracy, you'll see a much more dramatic improvement when doing that than before.)

URL 04-8-2020 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapta (Post 4724541)
Running vlc with a video paused in it.

This is the most ridiculous bug fix I've ever heard of. But yeah, thanks for all the work you put into this. It's highly appreciated.