Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Starcraft 2 Tourney (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=117932)

Hakulyte 05-14-2011 07:55 PM

Re: Starcraft 2 Tourney

My whole account was based on getting achievements instead of caring about leagues but I just reached a point with season 2 where I can actually go for both..

I'm looking for 2v2/3v3/4v4 teams to spam cheese games and get master league in all of them and also getting team wins for achievements because apparently no one can block 2 zerg who constant 9-10pool harass while terran/protoss makes T1 units and comes back up.

I'm also looking for people with tons of free time who feel like making a FFA team to rack up wins to finish achievements.

If I finish those two things, I will have 5160pts which is the current max points online, so yeah, if you guys could back me up to finish this, it would be really nice..

OneHandNow 05-14-2011 08:16 PM

I could do FFA achievements with you, but I don't know of any others who would be willing to do it.. I'm currently finishing up Custom Games & Co-Op achievements.. I'll get to leagues when I finish those. Oh, haven't finished campaign either.. ._. But I'm sitting @ 2.5k!

Reach 05-15-2011 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 3467536)
My whole account was based on getting achievements instead of caring about leagues but I just reached a point with season 2 where I can actually go for both..

I'm looking for 2v2/3v3/4v4 teams to spam cheese games and get master league in all of them and also getting team wins for achievements because apparently no one can block 2 zerg who constant 9-10pool harass while terran/protoss makes T1 units and comes back up.

I'm also looking for people with tons of free time who feel like making a FFA team to rack up wins to finish achievements.

If I finish those two things, I will have 5160pts which is the current max points online, so yeah, if you guys could back me up to finish this, it would be really nice..

I'm willing to team with you, so I'll pm you and add you.

I can 9/10 pool if necessary, since z is my second race, though I'm better with toss so it's easier to back you up while I chrono out a 4 gate or something in a 3v3 or 4v4. I have noticed this is pretty brutal. I was recently paired against a team that was favored/highly favored or whatever, and the two guys went random and got zerg on my team, 9 pooled while I 4 gated and there wasn't really anything they could do. They spent the entire time cleaning the ling mess and when I pulled up they insta left.

The only way to stop this would be mirror it, or scrap trying to wall and have everyone turtle their main and cannon/planetary/spine crawler up. They would still probably lose in the long run though, since you could just start double expo freely and timing push them.

I would like to master league these, so that I can concentrate on my 1v1. Not to mention I like the team portraits, so I want them, and cheesing is definitely the fastest way to go.

Wineandbread 05-15-2011 12:29 PM

mmmm cheese

OneHandNow 05-15-2011 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reach (Post 3467828)
I'm willing to team with you, so I'll pm you and add you.

I can 9/10 pool if necessary, since z is my second race, though I'm better with toss so it's easier to back you up while I chrono out a 4 gate or something in a 3v3 or 4v4. I have noticed this is pretty brutal. I was recently paired against a team that was favored/highly favored or whatever, and the two guys went random and got zerg on my team, 9 pooled while I 4 gated and there wasn't really anything they could do. They spent the entire time cleaning the ling mess and when I pulled up they insta left.

The only way to stop this would be mirror it, or scrap trying to wall and have everyone turtle their main and cannon/planetary/spine crawler up. They would still probably lose in the long run though, since you could just start double expo freely and timing push them.

I would like to master league these, so that I can concentrate on my 1v1. Not to mention I like the team portraits, so I want them, and cheesing is definitely the fastest way to go.

Wouldn't it be better to do something along the lines of 5 gate / speedlings @ 5 min mark?
Even in 3v3/4v4 I think it'd be pretty effective :D

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=170655

Xx{Midnight}xX 05-15-2011 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 3467536)

I'll be your cheese buddy in 4v4 :D

Hakulyte 05-15-2011 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneHandNow (Post 3467906)
Wouldn't it be better to do something along the lines of 5 gate / speedlings @ 5 min mark?

Definitely worth trying in 2v2 but would need to be tested in 3v3/4v4. It's not like the current build was bad, it's working at like 95%+ of the time unless our timing is bad so, yeah..

Reach 05-15-2011 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneHandNow (Post 3467906)

This is very interesting. You can't support 5 gates normally, so I usually don't consider 10 gate into very very fast 5 gate with low econ.

I've been using a 4 gate build with a 12 gate, where my gates go up around ~27 food, 3 chronos on warpgate, which carries a much bigger econ for stalkers (also, 2 gas, which allows a lot of sentries).

I use this because it's surprisingly stable and isn't necessarily all-in.

This build, however, would definitely counter it and would be pretty deadly. It's very 'korean' 4 gate, which is much riskier than my build (fudged or denied proxies here could really hurt this build, whereas mine is largely unaffected), but because you have serious support from zerg this is probably way way better.

Going to test this out when I can :o

OneHandNow 05-15-2011 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reach (Post 3468106)
This is very interesting. You can't support 5 gates normally, so I usually don't consider 10 gate into very very fast 5 gate with low econ.

I've been using a 4 gate build with a 12 gate, where my gates go up around ~27 food, 3 chronos on warpgate, which carries a much bigger econ for stalkers (also, 2 gas, which allows a lot of sentries).

I use this because it's surprisingly stable and isn't necessarily all-in.

This build, however, would definitely counter it and would be pretty deadly. It's very 'korean' 4 gate, which is much riskier than my build (fudged or denied proxies here could really hurt this build, whereas mine is largely unaffected), but because you have serious support from zerg this is probably way way better.

Going to test this out when I can :o

Given you're not going up against people who cheese consistently (other 2v2 cheesers) this build is indeed deadly, although it's pretty famous now.. My friends (not me!) hit Masters with this 2v2 tactic, and got some nice league achievements along the way :)

Most 2v2 people (unless teamed) will not have good organized defense by the 5 minute mark. And even if people decide to do some crazy cheese like 3 proxy rax, proxy gates (8gate, 8gate), or 6pool, you'll win like 75%+ of the time, which is darn good in my opinion.. The thing is, you have to be prepared to go into macro-mode if you wipe out one person and the other person has properly walled in.

Another unfortunate situation would be overlords being shot down by marines, which happens quite often if you're not careful with your overlord.. but this build has worked for my friends at least, so give it a shot :)

Reach 05-15-2011 10:01 PM

I'll try it out. Either way, the build I'm using now works most of the time too, so I'll see what works better when I'm in masters league.

Either way, if you look @ the ladder ranks, most top 2v2 teams are Zerg + either P or T, aside from a few exceptions. ALOT of 3v3 teams are Z + Z + T/P, and most 4v4 teams have at least 2 zerg.

So the general strategy definitely holds. This is what makes random team games so brutal; it's hard to get a partner to agree to a rush D:

SpookG 05-16-2011 06:53 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DONdrTi1PXM

Reach 05-16-2011 11:34 AM

The 5 gate build succeeds more often than any standard speedling build by the looks of it mostly because the only real way to counter speedling + anything is with a proper wall, and it can avoid the wall all together. I was trying it earlier and the only game it wasn't successful in was when they were together and put up a greasy wall with bunkers and cannons :(

Also realized I like the team protoss portraits way more than zerg and shouldn't bother farming more zerg wins XD

OneHandNow 05-16-2011 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reach (Post 3468279)
The 5 gate build succeeds more often than any standard speedling build by the looks of it mostly because the only real way to counter speedling + anything is with a proper wall, and it can avoid the wall all together. I was trying it earlier and the only game it wasn't successful in was when they were together and put up a greasy wall with bunkers and cannons :(

Also realized I like the team protoss portraits way more than zerg and shouldn't bother farming more zerg wins XD

Pretty good stuff huh? Go find a Z partner and get that Masters 2v2 :)

Reach 05-16-2011 06:29 PM

Hard to get good partners, and those that are good are often huge dicks I just can't play with (I had someone rage at me harder than life for like 10 minutes today after I mis managed and lost a game. I mean, seriously? lmao. I mean, SC can be a frustrating game, but I always strive to maintain good sportsmanship).

Also when I went to log off khaotix was just getting on D:

fido123 05-22-2011 03:44 PM

Can you add me into the competition? Started playing again and had my first few games of Season 2 and got placed into platinum after winning then I won another 2 in a row =U Feel awesome.

Reach 05-22-2011 10:34 PM

Well, if this competition ever happens, lol.

Masters in 3v3 thanks to some help from those here ;) Currently undefeated in 3v3! Lol. Though, still need 4v4 and 2v2 teams. Should be able to diamond random 2v2 when leagues unlock but vs AT @ masters level will be too hard, and 4v4 basically requires AT above plat, since ZZXX is super popular and there's just cheese everywhere.

OneHandNow 05-22-2011 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reach (Post 3471803)
Well, if this competition ever happens, lol.

Masters in 3v3 thanks to some help from those here ;) Currently undefeated in 3v3! Lol. Though, still need 4v4 and 2v2 teams. Should be able to diamond random 2v2 when leagues unlock but vs AT @ masters level will be too hard, and 4v4 basically requires AT above plat, since ZZXX is super popular and there's just cheese everywhere.

Very nice job! 4v4 should be done with other Diamond+ players with a set strat.. (ZZTT, ZZPT, etc)

2v2, just do 5gate + speedlings - all my friends hit masters using that.. but then if your opponents are real good opponents (sick scouting, sick defense, sick macro), then it'll get hard.. :P

Skelogon 05-24-2011 09:19 PM

Another good strategy for 3v3 or 4v4, just feed the protoss and mass stalkers.

OneHandNow 05-24-2011 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skelogon (Post 3473118)
Another good strategy for 3v3 or 4v4, just feed the protoss and mass stalkers.

Does that really work? Won't you get wiped out 1 by 1?

cixOclock 05-24-2011 09:41 PM

Quick trivia for you guys...

How many actions per minute can the Pro gamer in Korea make while playing Starcraft?

And see if you could even last ten minutes...