Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Art and Graphics (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   bmah's Crystal Photography (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=144826)

One Winged Angel 06-2-2017 12:05 AM

Re: bmah's Crystal Photography

the only thing more beautiful than these pictures is you (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

woker-X 06-2-2017 10:50 AM

Great stuff Brenton!!
I find it funny that I really liked some of the rocks and searched for them on ebay, only to be disappointed that the pictures there look nothing like your photos.

Wayward Vagabond 06-2-2017 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 4556443)

can i use these for sm gfx?

bmah 06-2-2017 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4556527)
can i use these for sm gfx?

Sure, go ahead.

Wayward Vagabond 06-2-2017 07:50 PM

Sweet. Also pretty sweet that you're still doing this and would like to read descriptions on your recent posts like you did before

popsicle_3000 06-2-2017 07:52 PM

I've enjoyed the descriptions.
also, are these all your crystals, and how much roughly is this sort of stuff worth?

bmah 06-3-2017 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woker-X (Post 4556521)
Great stuff Brenton!!
I find it funny that I really liked some of the rocks and searched for them on ebay, only to be disappointed that the pictures there look nothing like your photos.

The photos I make take anywhere from half an hour up to several hours per photo. I think most people on ebay won't want to spend that much time taking photos, or they most likely lack a sufficient macro photography setup. Quite honestly I am often tempted to take phone photos when I sell stuff and reserve these better photos for nice-looking pieces.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4556724)
Sweet. Also pretty sweet that you're still doing this and would like to read descriptions on your recent posts like you did before

Sure I can add descriptions in again then.

Also, if you were looking for gfx for sm files and whatnot, I have other photos not yet shown here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by popsicle_3000 (Post 4556725)
I've enjoyed the descriptions.
also, are these all your crystals, and how much roughly is this sort of stuff worth?

Out of the stuff I posted so far, all of the specimens belong to me. Later on I'll have a few specimens that belong to other collectors, but almost all specimens are from my own collection. That can change if I can get a photography service going...

The value of these specimens vary greatly. Mineral specimens can range from free (dig it yourself) to several million dollars. I'd say most specimens I have would value below $200, and some others a lot more. Even so, valuation is really subjective compared to other hobbies such as coin or card collecting, where there are annual catalogs that basically dictate prices.

Wayward Vagabond 06-3-2017 11:40 AM

if you could post them that would be cool. these pictures are really pleasing to look at and i think would make pretty sweet gfx for files.

bmah 06-4-2017 02:08 AM

No time for descriptions at the moment, will add them later, but for now here are some more old photos:

note: These are all low-res photos. If anyone's interested in a higher-resolution photo, please send me a PM.