Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG III Postgame Analysis / State Of The Game Report (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=17736)

User6773 11-20-2004 11:16 PM

TWG III Postgame Analysis / State Of The Game Report

STATE OF THE WEREWOLF GAME REPORT

Greetings to all. As many of you have heard rumors on the internets that I will not be running TWG IV. This is correct. I will turn it over to nominations in a nominations thread. This is due mainly to Thanksgiving break and upcoming Finals - I don't want to deal with it. Nominations will be described later. I will be participating. I'm reserving my slot right here and now.

But there are issues that need to be addressed to make the game more fun.

Game Size. Some people were losing interest near the end of the game due (I think) to its massive size and no real sight of resolution. Game size should ideally be 14-16 to prevent disinterest. Even with 4 wolves, 20 is just too much.

Participation. Don't sign up if you're not going to be at your computer enough to catch up on the thread and make a decent, paragraph-long post at least once every 24 hours. This game requires involvement and engagement if you want to survive. Some of these people played the equivalent of standing on the sidelines the entire time. If you play, you need to post.

Tasselfoot quandary. HOLY CRAP, WOLVES, IF TASS IS NOT ON YOUR SIDE, YOU SHOULD TAKE PAINS TO DO AWAY WITH HIM. He's good at figuring you out. I'm surprised it took you as long as it did to decide to kill him. You might have lasted a bit longer if you had killed him.

AIM alliance. People have a hard time staying engaged in the game if there's an AIM alliance going on. It kind of ruins the fun when the game is set up in such a way that either a) the Seer is randomly killed by the wolves through a lucky guess or b) the alliance grows larger and larger and their list of targets grows smaller and smaller. Also, with an AIM alliance, nobody's suspicions are made public and no one has anything to go on. To combat the alliance and force people to use their powers of deduction instead of stupidly bandwagoning, I propose the following:

Master wolf. The master wolf is like a normal wolf but with one special characteristic: If he gets seen by the seer, it is reported that he is human. The purpose behind this is so that an AIM alliance that gets formed is never 100% sure who's who and still has to use their brains to figure out who's acting wolflike or not. Some argue that this diminishes the power of the seer. However, the power of the seer is usually offset by the fact that the seer can't figure out who to trust and rather has to quietly insinuate they're the seer without being figured out. It also adds an element of risk and danger to the AIM alliance - how does the seer even know if the contact he makes to start the alliance isn't a wolf? The seer is still a powerful tool, but the master wolf prevents his power from being abused to win games.

I think this will help balance things for TWG IV.

TWG III postgame analysis goes here. Also comment on my report.

lightdarkness 11-20-2004 11:17 PM

RE: TWG III Postgame Analysis / State Of The Game Report

Seriously, I wanted to yell at the wolves so bad for not killing tass, he should've been gone well before me.

I can't wait til TWG 4

Kilgamayan 11-20-2004 11:22 PM

Funny, after all my advocating against the internet alliance bit I accidentally started it by voting for Tass on Day 2. He came to me and told me thatCypher was the seer and had IDed both of us. >_>

Once Cypher found Cenright on Night 6 I knew enough humans that the end of the game was systematic. At that point Tass dying didn't matter because I just hooked up with Q instead. I'm glad we got the last wolf on the first try though.

GuidoHunter 11-20-2004 11:25 PM

Re: RE: TWG III Postgame Analysis / State Of The Game Report

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightdarkness
Seriously, I wanted to yell at the wolves so bad for not killing tass, he should've been gone well before me.

QFE.

I must say, I became a bit disinterested towards the end, but mainly because there was little going on in the forums. I didn't have much to go on, so I voted according to what people over AIM said (of course, I had to scrupulously trust them, but still). Sleepless, though, he was pretty obvious.

On that note, Cypher, were you voting according to what sleepless did at the very end? That's what it seemed like to me. You vote for Qreepy, see that sleepless bandwagon votes with you (which pretty much gives himself away), then change your vote to him.

To whoever runs the next game: I absolutely loved that record file for voting; try and include that and update it.

Maybe I'll have a bit more input later. Also, I want my sig banner.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

CypherToorima 11-20-2004 11:26 PM

I honestly think the master wolf thing would be pretty neat. It really would make people think more. If we had that in that game...I wouldn't know how it would turn out.

Near the end of the game it seemed really really drawn out because there was hardly any posting. So, if it'll produce more talk, then go for it.

@Guido: Actually, I did that before I saw his post :oops:

I also love the record file. It helped me out so much.

Heh, I'd like to mention that I was the only human with special powers not to get killed (because I'm a concieted sonuvabitch like that). But I would also like to thank Tass for helping us all out while alive (and while dead =X )

I can't wait to display that pretty blue and white sig :D

Tasselfoot 11-20-2004 11:28 PM

ok... since, well.... i don't want to take ALL the credit, but if i wasn't apart of the alliance from day 2... the humans would have most likely lost.

few things: 1. i knew off the bat that at least 1, if not more, of the wolves were intelligent based off the killings from nights 1 and 2. also, i knew the guardian had to be someone intelligent as well.... by not guardianing me under the pretence that the wolves would assume i was being guardianed and not try and kill me. this saved Q and helped firmly mold the alliance. at this time, i narrowed the list down to 4 people. 1 was the guardian, and at least 1 was a wolf. those were flypie, kefit, guido, cstar. and, i was right. kefit was the guardian and flypie was a wolf. this is why flypie was seered on night 3 and killed on day 3.

Cypher seered kilga on night 1 and me on night 2. he waited til day 2 to start the alliance by contacting me. i set everything up by getting in touch with kilga, and then bringing in Q who was obviously human. Zild joined up as well when he got in touch with Q. i was very suprised that the guardian never contacted Q... as this would make perfect logical sense. alas, kefit was soon killed anyway. regardless, the alliance was set with 5 members on day 2, and only got stronger each day.

with that, the wolves killings after LD on night 1 were bad. i assumed flaw was human because he voted for Eric on day 1 (who Zild told us was a wolf)... that meant that guido, roopert, flaw, and blahblah were human, along with us 5. 9 humans, 1 dead wolf, 8 remaining players with 3 wolves. from there... it was simple to win the game. seer 1 of the 8 every night, kill another. kefit was still in that group and the wolves helped us out by killing kefit.

also, had the humans listened to me on day 4 and killed hydro instead of aleco... the game would have ended on day 6, not day 7. i realized through the logic i posted in the thread that both aleco and qreepy were human... but not enough people listened, so aleco died on day 4 and qreepy was seered on night 4 and hydro was killed on day 5... instead of hydro dying on day 4, cen being seered on night 4, cen dying on day 5, sleepless being seered on night 6, sleepless dying on day 6. i had everything down to hydro, cen, and sleepless on day 5. unfortunately, hydro was the 1 human of the 3 and i was killed on night 6. so, we almost had the game extended past day 7....

but, i made some very sneaky moves over AIM after i died to steer cypher, guido, and roopert in the correct direction. all of them had the information to kill sleepless.... they just didn't see it. so i helped them through clever question asking. nothing that violated the rules set up by chardish (verified after the fact)... yes, i bent the rules... but no where does it say i can't ask questions closely related to the game. just that i can't directly talk about the game.

so yea.... i'm damn pissed i was killed on night 6. i really wanted that black banner. guess i'll get it next game.

edit: you all can thank me for asking chardish every night to post the previous days postings.... hopefully in the future i won't be the only one to analyze the voting so carefully. its like CSI. they go by EVIDENCE and the evidence only. they listen to people's testimony, but don't really care because everyone says they are not guilty. same here. so, the evidence is the voting. its the only hard facts we have.

GuidoHunter 11-20-2004 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tasselfoot
so yea.... i'm damn pissed i was killed on night 6. i really wanted that black banner. guess i'll get it next game.

No lie. Getting wolfed suxx0rz. You still help the humans win, but don't get a banner for it.

--Guido

Cenright 11-20-2004 11:35 PM

Let me start by saying I utterly failed, and I concede that.

I couldn't do this full time, and so lost a few AIM opportunites that could have helped royally. I also messed up, on a few 50/50's, I took wrong turns. (The only 50/50 that came out right was kefit.)

I left aleco and cypher to live because they were taking all the heat for a while. I hoped that people would destroy them while I could focus elsewhere. (Thanks all those who voted cypher. You did very well in throwing me off him.)

CypherToorima 11-20-2004 11:36 PM

Thank you people who voted for me ^.^

But Cenright, you did play a good game. If I hadn't seered you, I dunno how long you would have lasted (You might have even won)
Quote:

...hopefully in the future i won't be the only one to analyze the voting so carefully.
You weren't the only one. But you were probably the one who analyzed it much more thoroughly than anybody else.

Cenright 11-20-2004 11:38 PM

No. I gave myself away to tass. I attempted to keep like last game, contacting everyone that I did in game two. I ran out of time and my AIM conversations with tass dissappeared.

Tasselfoot 11-20-2004 11:39 PM

::cough cough:: and... who was suggesting who you were seering cypher? who suggested that cenright be seered on night 6?

CypherToorima 11-20-2004 11:40 PM

Of course, of course, let's all bow down to the mighty Tasselfoot ;-)
The humans are really lucky you weren't killed for so long.

Cenright 11-20-2004 11:42 PM

I do need to ask Q how much trust he really had in me after i didnt vote for him, and how much was just an act.

My guardian fear was too strong. That was why tass lived.
It was also the reason why I went for Q instead of Tass. I felt that all of a sudden everyone would look ahead after that, and that Q would be clear.

Nice work kefit

GuidoHunter 11-20-2004 11:43 PM

Quote:

...hopefully in the future i won't be the only one to analyze the voting so carefully.
I used chardish's voting file a whole lot, but I wasn't able to glean too much from it since most every human died by a huge margin (insta-lynches). That was actually my main source of information.

--Guido

Cenright 11-20-2004 11:45 PM

RE: Re: RE: TWG III Postgame Analysis / State Of The Game Re

I analyzed voting trends and sets a lot with sleepless. We both kept bouncing names off of each other, seeing what we saw in the voting. (Again, this is why Cypher lived.)

What I didnt see, what that most of the people who voted for Cypher died later. I actually saw it, but didnt correlate the two.

Tasselfoot 11-20-2004 11:49 PM

right. and our voting pattern was obvious cen... killing flaw and killing blah were completely obvious attempts at reverse psychology. they each voted for someone who wasn't killed... and then got killed. so you thought we'd go right after the person they had voted for. that is the most obvious logic as to why we shouldn't vote for them... it draws attention to them. besdies the fact we already knew the people you wanted us to go after were human.

so, again... thank you cen/sleepless for helping the humans with your killings. except for mine. hehe.

User6773 11-20-2004 11:51 PM

New banners/statistics are in. Congratulations to The Q, Kilgamayan, and Roopert for leveling up!

GuidoHunter 11-20-2004 11:56 PM

Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG III Postgame Analysis / State Of The Gam

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tasselfoot
right. and our voting pattern was obvious cen... killing flaw and killing blah were completely obvious attempts at reverse psychology. they each voted for someone who wasn't killed... and then got killed. so you thought we'd go right after the person they had voted for. that is the most obvious logic as to why we shouldn't vote for them... it draws attention to them. besdies the fact we already knew the people you wanted us to go after were human.

so, again... thank you cen/sleepless for helping the humans with your killings. except for mine. hehe.

Logic certainly worked on me. Granted, I was scraping for ANYTHING to go on at that point.

Also, Kilga, why did you vote me (at first, of course) for the last night? I'm just curious.

--Guido

Cenright 11-21-2004 12:03 AM

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG III Postgame Analysis / State Of The

CronosLife: If i could shake your hand i would
Cypher Toorima: lol
Cypher Toorima: You did a good job too
CronosLife: i wanted you and aleco to bicker
CronosLife: i felt it was great
CronosLife: i did good, but i only did alright with educated guesses, fair tactics, and good analysis
CronosLife: i didnt have time to be the infiltrator i needed
CronosLife: flypie was going to die, even if you hadnt seered her
Cypher Toorima: Still, you gave me nothing to go off of
Cypher Toorima: yeah
Cypher Toorima: She acted way too abvious
CronosLife: she is SUCH a bad actor
Cypher Toorima: obvious*
CronosLife: we will know instantly in later games
CronosLife: i wanted her to do infiltrating, but she wasnt up to it
CronosLife: i was under the wing of q AND tass
Cypher Toorima: Yeah
CronosLife: i could have done so well
CronosLife: but i didnt have the time
CronosLife: school still had to take precedence
Cypher Toorima: Tass pm'd me with a statement about you trusting gim
Cypher Toorima: him*
Cypher Toorima: so that completely took you off the high-alert list
CronosLife: i tried to copy game 2
CronosLife: in i did great
CronosLife: until i ran out of time
CronosLife: sleepless did well. he played just like game 2, always gone
Cypher Toorima: Who know what would have happened you hadn't ran out of time
CronosLife: i TOLD him to be gone
CronosLife: and imeric was killed on a single post. it was day 1, everyone was just grasping at straws
Cypher Toorima: That was very lucky for the humans
CronosLife: yes
CronosLife: so things went alright
Cypher Toorima: I think that the wolves did a very fine job
CronosLife: be did, for blind men
CronosLife: we
CronosLife: we only could hear, smell, taste, and feel
CronosLife: but we were lacking a sense
CronosLife: that is where we lost

roopert 11-21-2004 12:11 AM

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG III Postgame Analysis / State Of The

Well this game was fun, but I was definitely losing interest in it towards the end. I think it was because of the AIM alliance that I was not a part of. Everything went on behind the scenes and never reached the forums, so I was completely out of the loop and really didn't have much to go on. I only got AIMed on the last day and it was very brief. If I do play in the next one, I hope to either be a wolf, have a special role, or at least be in the AIM alliance if I'm a human. The games no fun if you can only go off of what an alliance does each day for reasons unknown.