Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Switch Group? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=149892)

DragonIIDX 09-15-2018 11:16 AM

Switch Group?

Not sure if this has been done already, but since there's a bunch of new and exciting games coming out soon with online multiplayer, is there going to be a group thing like there was with the WiiU/3DS? (Yes, that's how long it's been since I've been active here...) Would be cool to bring FFR Switch owners together somehow via Skype or Discord or whatever people use nowadays. I don't really have time to manage a group myself since I work 3rd shift, but I'd love to be part of one if it happens/exists

icontrolyourworld 09-15-2018 11:19 AM

Re: Switch Group?

I'd join :)

Charu 09-15-2018 11:46 AM

I would also join.

I recall a certain group dedicated to Mario Kart 8 when we were doing Wii U stuff.

T-Force 09-15-2018 02:14 PM

MK7 was also a thing, as well as Animal Corssing (NIGHT CREEEEEEEEW).
I'd be down to see this happen/start one up.

the sun fan 09-15-2018 03:03 PM

sure

dAnceguy117 09-15-2018 03:18 PM

I'm in but that means sunfan is out

YoshL 09-15-2018 03:29 PM

cant you be in a t the same time is it just never going to work out like that

dAnceguy117 09-15-2018 03:39 PM

Yeah I was jk, at worst we would just be online at different times

I don't have great faith in nintendo to have many games that support 2 people on one console while playing online though but I'll be happy if they prove me wrong

flashflash account 09-15-2018 03:53 PM

Mario kart works that way

gold stinger 09-15-2018 04:19 PM

That's how I got to 6000 rating on deluxe

on another person's console

I'm at 11000 at home...

Charu 09-15-2018 05:23 PM

I remember I had a high ranking on the Wii U version, lol

gold stinger 09-15-2018 07:37 PM

WiiU is basically the same as deluxe

not gonna lie thought this thread was going to be about the sharing of family groups for the new online that's getting launched on Sept. 19th.
Since those basically cost the same as 2 1-year memberships with a discount, but for 8 people.

WTFBrandon 09-16-2018 11:50 AM

im down

Charu 09-16-2018 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4649276)
WiiU is basically the same as deluxe

not gonna lie thought this thread was going to be about the sharing of family groups for the new online that's getting launched on Sept. 19th.
Since those basically cost the same as 2 1-year memberships with a discount, but for 8 people.

I mean, we could totally all pitch in to negate the cost of the "online" portion of the Switch since it's literally the same service as it was when it was free. Just now you can play NES games (for the 1000th time) on it.

gold stinger 09-16-2018 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4649356)
I mean, we could totally all pitch in to negate the cost of the "online" portion of the Switch

Yep. Doing some research on the subject, the way they plan on having the new system work is that you can pay $34.99 USD to have everyone in a family group have online access for 1 year. No asterisks attached.

Fortunately, family groups are not tied to nintendo switch systems. They are tied to your Nintendo Account. So, as long as you have your Nintendo account tied to your nintendo switch, and you are in someone's family group where the administrator of the family group has purchased a 1-year family group membership, then everyone in the family group gets online, with the same benefits and perks as if they had a 1-year solo membership.

All it would need is an e-mail that is tied to a Nintendo account whom is not part of a family group. Nintendo sends out an invite link to the family group to the e-mail, and any account on a nintendo switch that is linked with the same nintendo account will have online. People can leave the family group at any time (granted they are not a family group-generated child account).

Charu 09-17-2018 07:08 AM

Sounds good, hit me up. I encourage all you peeps to also hit Gold's offer. Nintendo effectively makes less this way (in theory anyways)

flashflash account 09-17-2018 03:33 PM

1095-4664-7083

THIS IS NOT A FRIEND CODE
THIS IS A MARIO KART 8 DELUXE TOURNAMENT CODE
JOIN
AND RACE ME

Charu 09-17-2018 03:51 PM

No thank you.

gold stinger 09-19-2018 05:00 AM

God damn nintendo that's a spicy Day 1 asterisk

"Allows up to eight Nintendo Accounts in a family group to use Nintendo Switch Online services, provided the accounts are set to supported countries. Family memberships can be purchased only by users over 18 years of age. (Individual memberships are available to all users within supported countries/regions.)"

Charu 09-19-2018 07:08 AM

Just an update on this, we tested this out and US/Canada seems to be unaffected by this silly attempt of a country region lock.

So family group away for US/Canada folks. Might bump into trouble if you're not US/Canada though.