Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   So I'm Sick... (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151848)

Twiznitch 04-18-2020 04:05 PM

So I'm Sick...

For the past 3 days I've been sick as a dog. Throat is swollen to the point where it's hard to breath, and I feel like I'm swallowing razor blades even if it's water I'm drinking. Had a fever top out at 103 until this morning. My fever finally broke (thank god because fever dreams suck), but my throat is only getting worse. Had to gargle salt water this morning to clear out my throat and a bunch of infection and blood came up. Only thing that helps is drinking hot coffee. It hurts like hell, but eventually it makes the swelling go down a little. I work with the public, and even though my job is super strict (taking temps everyday, constant hand washing/sanitation, constant surface/touch point sanitation, constant glove changing, and no human direct human contact) I still caught something. Also it should go without saying, but I'm not working and am under quarantine until I get better. I don't want to get tested for covid-19 because if I test negative I'm literally walking into place with a high chance of others actually having it. If I get worse I have no other option but to get tested though. Not saying I have covid-19, but if I do it's the worst throat pain I've ever had, and the fever was so bad I had constant cold sweats, and was shivering so bad it made my whole body hurt. For the love of god be safe out there

Bolth mannn 04-18-2020 04:30 PM

Re: So I'm Sick...

I am not a doctor

But it looks like you have covid19

Call ahead and inform the closest emergency department that you are showing symptoms, and listen to their advice

This is a serious virus, be proactive with it because this can be fatal.

Twiznitch 04-18-2020 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4725764)
I am not a doctor

But it looks like you have covid19

Call ahead and inform the closest emergency department that you are showing symptoms, and listen to their advice

This is a serious virus, be proactive with it because this can be fatal.

I already have. They told me to quarantine, and avoid advil to treat the swelling and headaches. If I get worse I need to go to the doctor, but they only want people who are seriously ill to check in so the system isn't clogged, and to slow the spread of the virus.

Bolth mannn 04-18-2020 05:57 PM

Stay safe, man

drizzleRomanceGirl 04-18-2020 06:09 PM

i hope you feel better soon

Twiznitch 04-18-2020 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4725769)
Stay safe, man

Thanks! I'm taking every precaution right now to not let it spread. Such as I really needed to go to the store for supplies (limited myself to one trip per month before getting sick) so I had my mom run to the store and leave the bags on my porch so she wouldn't have to touch my door knob or see me personally. I have tons of respect for the virus. My moms boyfriend caught it at the medical care facility he stays at, and they've been on strict lock down since this all started. Now there's 96 cases there even though the public aren't even allowed near the building. Really makes me question their "lock down" procedures. I appreciate the concern though!

Twiznitch 04-18-2020 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drizzleRomanceGirl (Post 4725770)
i hope you feel better soon

Thanks! Me too. I don't want to out right say I have covid-19 because I'm very much against self-diagnosing. Although the doctor I talked to thinks there a decent chance I do have it. I haven't felt this bad whilst sick in a long time. Take it from me; you don't want to catch it. It's possible it's something else, but if it is covid-19 it definitely needs to be taken seriously. I'm a relatively healthy/active 27 year old, and it's kicking my ass. I'd really hate to see how it'd affect the elderly, babies/toddlers, or those with immune deficiencies.

MixMasterLar 04-19-2020 05:14 PM

Praying for the best man.

Not related but is that avatar Fei from Xenogears?

Twiznitch 04-21-2020 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4725811)
Praying for the best man.

Not related but is that avatar Fei from Xenogears?

Yes it is actually. It's the kid version of Fei. Xenogears is my favorite JRPG, and I think it would be the best from a technical standpoint if it wasn't for the travesty of the second disc. Kudos for being the first person on any site I use that avatar on to get what it's from.

sean1212 04-23-2020 07:17 AM

Take care and stay at home, this virus is dangerous and highly contagious. Get well soon.

URL 04-24-2020 10:19 AM

Big fat F, my man

klimtkiller 04-25-2020 11:05 AM

oof. how's it now?