Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Critical Thinking (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Interracial Marriages Surge Across U.S. (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=71774)

Chromer 06-29-2007 12:36 PM

Interracial Marriages Surge Across U.S.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

Discuss.

Maid 06-29-2007 12:46 PM

Re: Interracial Marriages Surge Across U.S.

You can't just slap a link and one word in your post and call this CT. Kind of ridiculous.

devonin 06-29-2007 12:51 PM

So basically the article says "Interracial marriages used to be a taboo, now they aren't, so more people are having interracial marriages."

I don't really see any aspect of CT in this unless someone wants to start down the line of claiming that they -should- be taboo still, and I really do hope that anybody doing so would be merely a devil's advocate, and not an advocate.

Chromer 06-29-2007 01:38 PM

I just wanted to see opinions about it. Personally, I have nothing against interracial marriages. My girlfriend is white so I'm the first to support it. However, there is the "stick to your own kind" taboo that still exists in this world. I know many friends who would love to marry a black man but choose not to do so due to their families beliefs. I think it's a bunch of bull but that's just my opinion.

Maid: I've seen people type one sentence in CT and start ****. Don't start with me.

Maid 06-29-2007 04:25 PM

I am for interracial marriages, there is always the bad and the good but it is same for any type of marriages. The only things that may be different is cultural upbringing, sometimes those do not mesh too well and how peers of your race look at you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromer (Post 1633373)
I just wanted to see opinions about it. Personally, I have nothing against interracial marriages. My girlfriend is white so I'm the first to support it. However, there is the "stick to your own kind" taboo that still exists in this world. I know many friends who would love to marry a black man but choose not to do so due to their families beliefs. I think it's a bunch of bull but that's just my opinion.

Maid: I've seen people type one sentence in CT and start ****. Don't start with me.

Chromer: I don't want to come off rude, but you are just making an impression of someone not up there. You were clearly not following the rules, I just pointed that bit out. How about not being lazy and actually doing some work. Only reason I am being anal about this, because this is CT "supposedly".

Nyokou 06-30-2007 02:55 PM

It's so ridiculous that people are still stuck on the idea that we should marry people within our own race. I've talked to my mom about this before, and well, she really has no problem at all with me marrying someone who isn't Mexican. I can't say the same about my dad though, cause I admit he's probably against it a little.

Personally, I have never, ever been interested in marrying a guy who's hispanic, which is weird, but hey, that's just me. I also consider myself more American than anything else. I hardly ever, if at least even once a year, speak spanish in my house, and I'm completely serious.. And also to add on about my conversation with my mom.. I told her that once my generation starts taking over, or maybe my brother's, the amount of racism will just decrease by a whole lot, so, I'm just glad that by the time I get married it won't be such a big deal as it is right now, because whether we like it or not, racism still exists right now between people and it's absolutely dumb.

GuidoHunter 06-30-2007 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromer (Post 1633373)

That doesn't mean we don't like it. I've locked/deleted several threads in here that had crappy OPs and told the thread maker to try it again with more substance.

So don't start with the other members who try to remind you of the rules.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Master_of_the_Faster 06-30-2007 03:24 PM

People marry who ever they want. That's just the way it should be because people should have their liberty. To me, personally, race never ever existed. Religion is something that just isn't meant to exist in my opinion. Customs, traditions, and so on and so forth are all things made by humans and some of these customs or traditions have no proof of validity and are used to control or hate others. As for skin color, humans mostly behave the same past the skin. I believe that in order for such a day to come where people can come togather in a much bigger and better society such as one huge futuristic society that could govern a nation like Pangea, interracial marriages would help this cause.