Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Bathroom Breaks (School or Work) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151377)

Charu 10-17-2019 08:26 AM

Bathroom Breaks (School or Work)

We've all been there, you're listening to a lecture taking notes or you're in the middle of helping a client/patron/customer. Suddenly, it hits you like a brick. You feel it banging, demanding to be let out, but there's no escape in sight. You can't leave and break for it without looking like a maniac or outright embarrassing yourself.

...People of FFR, young and old, what do you do in this troubling situation?

Usually I tend to hold it for as long as I can. When I can't, there's no choice, I excuse myself and clench my fists as I try to walk normally to the nearest restroom. For me, my work has a public one that's shared with the patrons. So it's double fun if you're someone that treasures privacy.

Antori 10-17-2019 08:45 AM

Re: Bathroom Breaks (School or Work)

i leave and if someone stops me i unzip and piss on them

Charu 10-17-2019 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antori (Post 4700667)
i leave and if someone stops me i unzip and piss on them

Wow, and how many people did you do this to?

Andrew WCY 10-17-2019 09:29 AM

Whenever I feel urgent and can't hold it any longer in a classroom, I'd always ask a teacher for permission to go. In a lecture theater, however, I'd probably just get up and go. Professors probably wouldn't care too much about that.

If I were helping someone else out in an occupation, the first thing I'd think of is to find someone else qualified to help them and head towards a washroom. I'm not quite sure how to deal with the other case when there's no one else to temporarily take my position though.

inDheart 10-17-2019 09:33 AM

at least in lectures, just leave, if i'm not giving you an exam then i don't care

for anything 1:1 we both get to stick it out

Arere 10-17-2019 10:44 AM

pee in my hydroflask sksksks jk

choof 10-17-2019 11:22 AM

love 2 piss

Funnygurl555 10-17-2019 03:15 PM

get up and go man let your body do your thing or else you'll take a shit on the floor and use coffee filters to wipe your ass

true story. not mine but

Rebirth0 10-17-2019 03:23 PM

In college it's common and acceptable to get up and leave to do whatever you need to do. The professors don't care. You paid for the class already, its your loss if you miss anything.

I was in a class one time in the morning and for whatever reason was about to puke. I sat there in the desk to try and manage myself to not puke but ultimately I got up and walked out mid-lecture. Didn't care. Spent the rest of the class in the bathroom

DaBackpack 10-17-2019 04:38 PM

Yeah professors generally don't care if you up and go to the restroom, you're just responsible for anything they say while you're out. When I was lecturing I straight-up don't give a shit; if during recitation or office hours, I personally never cared and understood that Everyone Poops™ but some might? idk

Same with work, I think people generally understand that relieving yourself is a good thing. The biggest counterexample is if you are currently delivering a business presentation or lecture, or if you are in a phone call or small-scale meeting room. These are all prescheduled events so... "you should have gone before the scheduled time" is what most people'd say.

EDIT: "Please excuse me for a few minutes" or "I'll be right back" are perfectly fine euphemisms.

flashflash account 10-17-2019 09:18 PM

college is definitely "go when you need to"
work and high school are "ask"
which says a lot about work in america

Blackskull305 10-17-2019 09:24 PM

imo, taking care of your bodily needs is number 1 priority in all contexts.
Excuse yourself, and your audience will understand. If basic needs can't be respected, I would seriously consider finding a different employer (in school, professors won't care).

Health = wealth; if you don't take care of health first, you won't be able to enjoy the fruits of your labour later ;)

gold stinger 10-17-2019 10:29 PM

At my specific workplace, work is continuous, so I do need to ask a co-worker if they can cover for me for 2-3 mins and more often than not, they will say yes.

Sometimes, I am working by myself in that continuous work situation, so I have to keep an eye out for downtime and use that to excuse myself. If someone gets angry, I just politely let them know that I'm the only person there, and I needed to use a restroom.

Very rarely do I not get that chance, and in those situations. I just hold it. I am magically blessed with being able to hold it for very long durations, and very thankful that I can. Not everyone is the same.

mellonxcollie 10-17-2019 11:01 PM

If you're not getting paid while you're pooping you're doing it wrong

If someone wants to hassle me about it I just say I have a medical condition (which isn't a lie, but I would lie and say I had one if I didn't lmao). Then legally they're not allowed to ask any further questions unless they want to request a doctors note

Moria 10-18-2019 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackskull305 (Post 4700690)
imo, taking care of your bodily needs is number 1 priority in all contexts.
Excuse yourself, and your audience will understand. If basic needs can't be respected, I would seriously consider finding a different employer (in school, professors won't care).

Health = wealth; if you don't take care of health first, you won't be able to enjoy the fruits of your labour later ;)

I haven't read much of the thread, but this is basically what I came here to say.

There's no excuse for neglecting your bodily needs, if you need to get something done, that something will be done far greater if you're not hanging on by some thread of life and able to tackle it at your most comfortable pace, IMO.

devonin 10-18-2019 07:49 PM

At all levels, it should just be acceptable to get up and go to the bathroom when you need it.

MarioNintendo 10-19-2019 11:32 AM

If I'm posting on FFR, it's probably because I'm in a bathroom.

DNAlei 11-17-2019 05:37 PM

What would Obama do?