Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   The Werewolf Game (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Just tried out Gnosia (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=154063)

MixMasterLar 09-15-2022 10:06 PM

Just tried out Gnosia

It's amazing how accurate the AI is to real humans who play TWG: They make horrible decisions and the seer straight up suspected their green check for no reason

Well worth the purchase

dAnceguy117 09-24-2022 03:47 PM

Re: Just tried out Gnosia

Fantastic presentation tho

MixMasterLar 09-24-2022 10:54 PM

I'm 15 Loops in and proven seer, just to tell them yes we should vote my red check, just so they can all say that I'm too eger and must be Gnosia, to vote me and lose the loop

Bar none the nuttiest round of anything I have ever played

Quote:

Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 (Post 4782190)
Fantastic presentation tho

Agreed. Artwork is fantastic, I like (the idea of) the characters and once you unlock the option to do custom games it becomes more of what I expected

I get it's more a quick, arcade-styls visual novel (a sentence that hurts my brain) and not really a true deduction game since it 's more balancing states and timing your actions right but maaaaaaaan I think Ive lost every single loop so far, and half the time it's because a human counter claimed a role after tHe fUCkinG rOLe CLAIM WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT SETSU WHY THE FUCK DID YOU COUNTER CLAIM THE FUCKING SEER SETSU WHY

ShadoWolfe 09-26-2022 08:33 PM

oh
Gnosia looks interesting af, thanks for sharing

would you recommend it?

FreezinIce 09-27-2022 12:27 AM

I thought about getting Gnosia a while back but waffled for a reason i cant really remember. Maybe ill pull the trigger this time

FreezinIce 09-28-2022 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4782192)
I'm 15 Loops in and proven seer, just to tell them yes we should vote my red check, just so they can all say that I'm too eger and must be Gnosia, to vote me and lose the loop

Bar none the nuttiest round of anything I have ever played

Agreed. Artwork is fantastic, I like (the idea of) the characters and once you unlock the option to do custom games it becomes more of what I expected

I get it's more a quick, arcade-styls visual novel (a sentence that hurts my brain) and not really a true deduction game since it 's more balancing states and timing your actions right but maaaaaaaan I think Ive lost every single loop so far, and half the time it's because a human counter claimed a role after tHe fUCkinG rOLe CLAIM WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT SETSU WHY THE FUCK DID YOU COUNTER CLAIM THE FUCKING SEER SETSU WHY

Just got Gnosia and that last thing you said just happened to me. Setsu came out as a fake seer and i had to counterclaim them. Are you saying theres a chance they did that as a human? wtf.....?

I was just gonna railroad them till they died but if they did that as a human my brain might melt

edit1: Checked them at night and thank god they were Gnosia

edit2: Setsu was hard defending Gina, so they got into a kitb with Gina which kept being a tie. I then suggested we freeze both, people agreed and we won instantly cause ofc they were both Gnosia. Any game that lets me kill 2 wolves in one night is a great game in my book.

edit3: these guys love to hardclaim seer day 1 for no reason

edit4: 3 people just claimed seer. I think im gonna have an aneurysm

MixMasterLar 09-28-2022 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4782195)
oh
Gnosia looks interesting af, thanks for sharing

would you recommend it?

It's oddly compelling but I probably would only recommend it in good consience while it is on sale cheap.

If it was 5 dollars I would all the way recommend it just so people can see how crazy it is

MixMasterLar 09-28-2022 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezinIce (Post 4782214)

edit4: 3 people just claimed seer. I think im gonna have an aneurysm

SunFan once told me that FFR practiced the absolute best standard practice for TWG that he had seen anywhere. I remember saying that couldn't be true

I saw 2 town counterclaim the seer in Gnosis and it made me think maybe I've been too hard on FFR over the years. We at least don't have a fucking sympathizer role.

FreezinIce 09-28-2022 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4782219)
SunFan once told me that FFR practiced the absolute best standard practice for TWG that he had seen anywhere. I remember saying that couldn't be true

I saw 2 town counterclaim the seer in Gnosis and it made me think maybe I've been too hard on FFR over the years. We at least don't have a fucking sympathizer role.

the sympathizer role is probably my most hated role. Just completely screws up my mental calculus. I think they added it because humans get a lot of good roles and Gnosia get no power roles (That ive seen anyways. On loop 20 atm)

I want to add an option for people in the event of a kitb to vote on both people dying or both people being kept alive into my next hosted game tho, i like that mechanic alot

MixMasterLar 09-29-2022 12:49 AM

It's a good mechanic and their take on doctor is neat for games that don't have flips.

A Gnosis themed TWG would be fun, especially a mystery game

the sun fan 07-1-2023 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4782219)

I PROMISE the grass is much browner elsewhere
not that there aren't other good places of course
but lmao

MixMasterLar 07-2-2023 11:30 AM

Yeah, champs was a fun read and the good players are fantastic but some of the takes I saw just drove home the point

I think if Gnosis now and again and like the idea of it but I still have never won a single round and it's pretty frustrating to play. Great idea, bad execution

star-crossed 07-28-2023 10:08 PM

This game would not be for everybody but this was a very good recommendation for me. The simulation of social deduction is very interesting but also maddening when they keep trying to vote out confirmed innocent people haha

thesunfan 07-28-2023 11:49 PM

I played gnosia in scrabble today and my opponent challenged it and lost their turn
I still lost tho

MixMasterLar 07-29-2023 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesunfan (Post 4790826)
I played gnosia in scrabble today and my opponent challenged it and lost their turn
I still lost tho

I'm bad at Scrabble but enjoy playing it
I have a pre-WWII dictionary I keep with my set just to fuck with people