Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Other Music Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Pulsen (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=121425)

Choofers 12-4-2011 06:47 PM

Re: Pulsen, A new Stepmania Rip Off Game

Quote:

How about this, if you can put every chart designer credited with a pack they’re well-known for first, I’ll give you a free copy of Pulsen: Ultra I to try out.

• Alex Kim
• Jason Felds
• Kévin Dendayne
• Nick Navaroli
• Sta Kousin
• Steve Nera
• Terrence Chan
That's why I asked for usernames and not real names lol. Most people know my files as Torrent (or hypercore but those files are generally joke files or really dumpy files).

But what Halogen asked, are you guys looking for simfile artists rofl

Saturn2888 12-4-2011 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3583585)
Is Pulsen looking for anymore simfile artists? I've always been interested in charting for an actual project and I'm proficient in ITG/PIU singles and doubles charting, haha.

I'm always looking for talented people, but that doesn't mean everyone gets in either :(. I wouldn't mind auditioning if you're up for it. I'll try to give as much feedback as you're willing to take.

Go ahead and PM my your e-mail address or IM name (your preference), and we can talk about it further that way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Choofers (Post 3583590)
That's why I asked for usernames and not real names lol. Most people know my files as Torrent (or hypercore but those files are generally joke files or really dumpy files).

After someone puts them together then you'll know. I wanna give some people a chance to try first :).

Choofers 12-4-2011 06:55 PM

Derp. Well these are my guesses.
• Alex Kim - ITG Edits
• Jason Felds - Pump Pro Edits
• Kévin Dendayne - Dancing WipeOut
• Nick Navaroli - ITG Edits
• Sta Kousin - Foonmix
• Steve Nera - Albumix
• Terrence Chan - Vocaloid Mix

Which one is TaroNuke lol

Saturn2888 12-4-2011 07:00 PM

We actually started production of Pulsen over a year ago so I haven't added TaroNuke because by the time he started, both Pulsen and Pulsen: Ultra I were completed. He's gonna be credited when the next pack releases. That's another out of the water :p.

Since I don't want to give it away for others, I can't say which you got wrong, but I'll write out how many you got right including Jason: 3.

TC_Halogen 12-4-2011 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saturn2888 (Post 3583591)
I'm always looking for talented people, but that doesn't mean everyone gets in either :(. I wouldn't mind auditioning if you're up for it. I'll try to give as much feedback as you're willing to take.

Go ahead and PM my your e-mail address or IM name (your preference), and we can talk about it further that way.

I posted my AIM on your FFR profile - refresh the page and you should see a little envelope to the right of your name, on the top right of the page.

who_cares973 12-4-2011 07:14 PM

Interested in stepping for a project like this again. I'll also be contacting you

MarioNintendo 12-4-2011 07:15 PM

Sooooo hey, happy ending for everyone, right? Pulsen is now supported by the FFR community!

bob bob 12-5-2011 04:54 AM

successmanias

NeoMasterPie 12-5-2011 06:14 AM

i tried pulsen once

too difficult for me to get used to the oddly-shaped noteskin/speedmods i'm not used to

(oh yeah i'm fairly sure alex kim is akstylish so... gg vocaloid party)

Saturn2888 12-5-2011 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeoMasterPie (Post 3583911)
i tried pulsen once

too difficult for me to get used to the oddly-shaped noteskin/speedmods i'm not used to

(oh yeah i'm fairly sure alex kim is akstylish so... gg vocaloid party)

Number correct: 1. That's another freebie, haha.

This is a general question for everyone here. What speed mods would you like to see added to Pulsen?

At release time I noticed some people complaining because 4.25x was the highest available. I was working on a solution to fix for this, but never ended up finishing it because of the other things we've been working on. On the other hand, I just thought up a quick-fix which should make it into Pulsen r0004 so long as I get the right values from everyone.

dragon890x 12-5-2011 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fido123 (Post 3583321)
If I could get the executable for this game I could verify if it was in fact built off of StepMania source code, which in that case would make it HIGHLY illigal, and I would enjoy sending them an e-mail with proof of findings pretending I'm going to sue them or some shit.

> Open Source
> ITG
> Won't work.

Saturn2888 12-5-2011 10:13 AM

The speed mod quick-fix is in r0004. From here, I'll need to know what speed mod values you guys are looking for.

I'll also need to know generally what the top speed most people can read at is or it may become unreadable for some of you.

who_cares973 12-5-2011 10:27 AM

i generally dont ever use a speedmod higher than 4.5 so having a limit of 4.25 would actually be fine for me

Saturn2888 12-5-2011 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 3583981)
i generally dont ever use a speedmod higher than 4.5 so having a limit of 4.25 would actually be fine for me

Hmm, good point. I'd also need to know the lowest speed mod you guys use. The way I'm implementing this, the standard speed mod configuration won't change, but you can modify it. I wanna make sure everyone's accounted for with the included speed mods.

who_cares973 12-5-2011 10:45 AM

lowest speed mod should be the standard 1.0 for everyone.

i love you 12-5-2011 10:47 AM

This is a very interesting concept you guys have going on I think. I would love to make step charts for you guys but unfortunately, I can only step keyboard charts and I am not sure if you guys are allowing keyboard charts in the game or not.

Saturn2888 12-5-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i love you (Post 3583985)
This is a very interesting concept you guys have going on I think. I would love to make step charts for you guys but unfortunately, I can only step keyboard charts and I am not sure if you guys are allowing keyboard charts in the game or not.

Right now our focus isn't on the keyboard side of things, but that has been something I've thought about before. I want to have a bit of a foundation first before moving into that territory as it's going to require a lot of changes to the game we haven't made yet. When that time comes, I'll definitely be on the lookout for keyboard charters.

Kibblre 12-5-2011 10:51 AM

How long until people rechart Pulsen songs for SM and distribute them for free?

I just feel like SM is always going to lead the pack, and Pulsen is just going to slowly fade away.

i love you 12-5-2011 10:54 AM

@Saturn2888: Fair enough. I look forward to seeing what you guys have to offer in the future. The game is looking pretty cool so far and I really loved that Main Menu music! (:

Saturn2888 12-5-2011 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i love you (Post 3583991)
@Saturn2888: Fair enough. I look forward to seeing what you guys have to offer in the future. The game is looking pretty cool so far and I really loved that Main Menu music! (:

Thanks! The original concept was done by Kévin Dendayne. Depending on which one you're hearing--don't know if you noticed there are actually 3 versions--you might be hearing one of the two he provided or the one Nick Hemler did.

We'll have a couple more versions included with the next DLC pack.