Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums

Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   El Paso and Dayton Shootings (SERIOUS TOPIC) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151138)

Dinglesberry 08-6-2019 11:49 PM

Re: El Paso and Dayton Shootings (SERIOUS TOPIC)

go back to twg where u belong

Sanjixcon 08-6-2019 11:51 PM

so in canada how do they decide what the proper punishment is for when someone uses hate speech? is there a list or particular words/phrases that scale in order of "this is only worth a cash fine" to "this is worth jail time"?

Funnygurl555 08-7-2019 12:23 AM

tbh im glad for this thread cause it made me realize how much i miss arguing in any sort of intellectual capacity

i dont do that anymore o.o

DaBackpack 08-7-2019 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinglesberry (Post 4691241)
go back to twg where u belong

if you read like even 5 posts back you'd see that I think hate speech should be banned

nani the fuck are you even doing

devonin 08-7-2019 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanjixcon (Post 4691242)
so in canada how do they decide what the proper punishment is for when someone uses hate speech? is there a list or particular words/phrases that scale in order of "this is only worth a cash fine" to "this is worth jail time"?

There are several Supreme Court rulings on a more precise definition of which kinds of hate speech are which and some are worse than others, but like just about every other crime in just about every country, judge discretion in sentencing is a thing.

Soundwave- 08-7-2019 12:43 AM

dingles telling the biggest thonker of this age of ffr to gtfo of a serious thread and go back to twg is pretty great.

go back to harassing sm players, it was easier to strawman you that way.

gonna have to side with funnygurl on the "bad precedent" thing. law is crazy, precedent is king.

granted, if you just wrote hate speech into the letter of the law it could probably work, but I dunno if you spent more than 2 seconds watching legislative proceedings but just imagine hate speech legislation getting through that'd be a miracle.

Dinglesberry 08-7-2019 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundwave- (Post 4691269)
dingles telling the biggest thonker of this age of ffr to gtfo of a serious thread and go back to twg is pretty great.

go back to harassing sm players, it was easier to strawman you that way.

gonna have to side with funnygurl on the "bad precedent" thing. law is crazy, precedent is king.

granted, if you just wrote hate speech into the letter of the law it could probably work, but I dunno if you spent more than 2 seconds watching legislative proceedings but just imagine hate speech legislation getting through that'd be a miracle.

lol serious thread

debating the same thing 800 times is very enjoyable its one of my favorite hobbies

Soundwave- 08-7-2019 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinglesberry (Post 4691272)
lol serious thread

yeah I know nothing is serious to you.

trying to drill something into your head 800 times is my favorite hobby; nice edit

Dinglesberry 08-7-2019 12:51 AM

i dont think a single thing in this thread would be anything that hasnt been said before regarding this debate but maybe it will be who knows

Soundwave- 08-7-2019 12:52 AM

believe it or not these debates don't happen to break new ground.

Dinglesberry 08-7-2019 12:54 AM

arguing with people for absolutely no end goal or solution, with no potential to change someones view (and even if you do, it won't matter) is my favorite hobby

DaBackpack 08-7-2019 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinglesberry (Post 4691279)
arguing with people for absolutely no end goal or solution, with no potential to change someones view (and even if you do, it won't matter) is my favorite hobby

my favorite hobby is inserting myself into conversations that are not about myself and then making them about myself

Soundwave- 08-7-2019 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinglesberry (Post 4691279)
potential to change someones view (and even if you do, it won't matter) is my favorite hobby

ye of little faith, begone, THOT

Funnygurl555 08-7-2019 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundwave- (Post 4691277)
believe it or not these debates don't happen to break new ground.

a wise fellow from this community once told me that these arguments are still useful because it has the potential to change how someone thinks

even if these words were uttered before, there's still something to gain from engaging. i mean, i learned stuff

Soundwave- 08-7-2019 01:27 AM

I learn quick.

Maybe. I'll relapse into stupidity in a week.

Kekeb 08-7-2019 02:47 AM

Whenever I see the discourse surrounding mass shootings in the US move toward arguments over firearms, I'm reminded of Slavoj Zizek paraphrasing Jacques Lacan. In my view, the political preoccupation with gun laws (for all parties involved) is as pathological as the mass shootings.

flashflash account 08-7-2019 03:42 AM

Linking a video and not a text document is... eh

Dinglesberry 08-7-2019 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4691295)
Linking a video and not a text document is... eh

yea its barely even english either, oof

XelNya 08-7-2019 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4691259)
if you read like even 5 posts back you'd see that I think hate speech should be banned

nani the fuck are you even doing

As much as actual hate speech is fucking shitty

The things that follow aren't worth it

mellonxcollie 08-7-2019 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinglesberry (Post 4691298)
like i aint racist but at the same time im not surprised someone named kebab linked an absolutely contextless video of a professor in broken english thats barely understandable, and then goes on to provide absolutely no explanation behind posting the video or its meaning

You really don't need to bring their username into it at all, you can discuss their post. you say you aren't racist but why even post this?