Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Art and Graphics (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Show your sketching! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=119120)

PrawnSkunk 04-27-2012 06:46 PM

Re: Show your sketching!

noob artist coming though~

Just got a wacom bamboo tablet, and have never drawn digitally before. Here's my first trace sketch of Tsukasa from the anime series .Hack//SIGN

supermousie 05-2-2012 02:09 AM

Looks great, Max 8)

I finally put my tablet to good use; I painted the very lovely Bethany, who then posted it on her Tumbling blog thing.
Total time was around 6-7 hours, all in Photoshooop. Criticism and tips would be greatly appreciated, as this is my first attempt at drawing a person with this much detail.

Hateandhatred 05-2-2012 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supermousie (Post 3685991)
Looks great, Max 8)

I finally put my tablet to good use; I painted the very lovely Bethany, who then posted it on her Tumbling blog thing.
Total time was around 6-7 hours, all in Photoshooop. Criticism and tips would be greatly appreciated, as this is my first attempt at drawing a person with this much detail.

Wooooooaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........

*Jealous*

Nullifidian 05-2-2012 06:01 AM

my criticism is to not trace/colorpick from photo. Tracing/colorpicking from photo is just mindlessly copying the image, and it shows in the end result in shading and hair. It all looks very plastic and not very defined and you're missing shadows here and there like under the hairline.

supermousie 05-2-2012 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _.Spitfire._ (Post 3686038)
my criticism is to not trace/colorpick from photo. Tracing/colorpicking from photo is just mindlessly copying the image, and it shows in the end result in shading and hair. It all looks very plastic and not very defined and you're missing shadows here and there like under the hairline.

I used a reference image, but I didn't trace. I work in greyscale and tone using dodge/burn before colourising through the Hue and Saturation menu. It's an odd technique, but it works. Kinda. I guess I wasn't attentive or thorough enough with my shading D:

I'll keep working on this then. Thanks for the feedback Tristan.

justin_ator 05-2-2012 11:25 AM

Proportions of the bottom lip to the top lip seem a little off to me, but otherwise that's a pretty solid drawing there. I agree that the shading could use more time, but overall nice job.

LongGone 05-2-2012 11:37 AM

Some weird thing I was working on based on a sketch by GundamDude
~1hour

BethanyBangs 05-2-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin_ator (Post 3686131)
Proportions of the bottom lip to the top lip seem a little off to me, but otherwise that's a pretty solid drawing there. I agree that the shading could use more time, but overall nice job.

I think it's pretty accurate d: Plus it was his first time drawing a real person so cut some slack.

Nullifidian 05-2-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supermousie (Post 3686079)
I used a reference image, but I didn't trace. I work in greyscale and tone using dodge/burn before colourising through the Hue and Saturation menu. It's an odd technique, but it works. Kinda. I guess I wasn't attentive or thorough enough with my shading D:

I'll keep working on this then. Thanks for the feedback Tristan.

Oh, I assumed it was done by tracing because the results resemble that of a trace haha. Still, you should try to work with the grayscale colors itself instead of dodging and burning. Or even try to use actual colors. My points of criticism still stand though, it's very plastic-y and undefined.

Spenner 05-2-2012 03:43 PM

I've been sketching with light but I'll keep that in my thread :3 srsly though light painting is fun.

Herogashix 05-2-2012 03:57 PM

The first post of this page is the greatest post in existence. Best .hack//SIGN drawing I've ever seen.

PrawnSkunk 05-2-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herogashix (Post 3686278)
The first post of this page is the greatest post in existence. Best .hack//SIGN drawing I've ever seen.

d'aww thanks Herogashix :) it means a lot to hear this as a new artist! expect moar to come~

As I get better, I'm going to start doing original works, rather than just staring at various google image pics :P

Gray Fox 05-2-2012 04:11 PM

Come little children, come with me

Safe and happy you will be..

LongGone 05-2-2012 06:28 PM

dat Hypno

-

LongGone 05-5-2012 07:28 PM

3~4hours(?)

midnghtraver 06-7-2012 02:46 AM

Spenner 07-3-2012 01:03 AM

3 hours just sorta absent mindedly clicking in photoshop

Gundam-Dude 07-3-2012 01:46 AM

very cool

likewise, absentmindedly drawing lines and boxes lead to this

weclome tto 420 citty home of the doggs

Spenner 07-4-2012 08:55 PM

Very interesting how it sort of drifts off and stops paying attention to form, and stuff, cool~

Again, absent mindedly photoshoppan

xferrarix 07-5-2012 12:53 PM

heer is muh l8st mastrpeec