Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG 191: Don't Trust Your Mentor - Game Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151656)

ShadoWolfe 01-19-2020 01:02 AM

TWG 191: Don't Trust Your Mentor - Game Thread

Don't Trust Your Mentor

Setup:

Roles:
13 Players.

Town Mentor
Town 2-shot Vigi
Town Macho Doctor
Town Macho Jailkeeper

Vanilla Town
Vanilla Town
Vanilla Town
Vanilla Town
Vanilla Town
Vanilla Town

Werewolf Mentor
Werewolf Roleblocker
Apprehensive Werewolf Tracker

Role PMs

Town Mentor

Welcome, Name, you are a Town Mentor. Every night, you can perform one of the following actions:

- If you do not have a living Mentee, at Night you can recruit one. This does not change their alignment.
- If you do have a living Mentee, you may opt to kill them during any night phase following their recruitment.

When you recruit a Mentee, you gain access to a quicktopic where you can communicate during both the Day and at Night.

As a Town Mentor, you understand that wooing any recruit to a boring life of following the rules is a difficult task. While your werewolf counterpart simply has to bring up the glamour of hedonistic pursuits and romantic appeal of living life free of anyone's rules in order to draw their recruits in, you have had to put in very real work to hone your craft. After all, convincing someone to sacrifice their desires in favor of doing the right thing and living a lawful life is no easy task. However, your years of hard work practicing every seductive line and charismatic smile have paid off. As a result, if you and the Werewolf Mentor attempt to recruit the same player in the same night, the Mentee will always favor your recruitment efforts over those of your counterpart. You will not be informed of the recruitment conflict.

Additionally, the Werewolf Mentor cannot woo your Mentee away from you once they have been successfully recruited. The only thing that can break your bond with your Mentee is death.

Upon the death of either the Town Doctor or the Town Jailkeeper, you become emboldened and filled with a sense of Machismo. You will refuse aid even if offered. Once this occurs, nightkill protection will *not* be effective on you. You will not be informed of this change.

You are NOT allowed to privately claim your identity in the Mentor Chat. Any private identity claim will result in your immediate modkill, even if the identity claim is false. Public claims in the game thread are exempt from this rule. Note that you cannot privately identify yourself even if you have already publicly claimed in the game thread.

You win once all werewolves have been eliminated.

Werewolf Mentor

Welcome, Name, you are a Werewolf Mentor.

You are partnered with Name and Name.

Every night, one of you may attempt to kill a player. If your attempt is successful, said player will die in the night.

Each night, you may communicate your vile plans to one another at this Discord meeting spot under the cover of darkness.

Additionally, you can perform one of the following actions every night:

- If you do not have a living Mentee, at Night you can recruit one. This does not change their alignment.
- If you do have a living Mentee, you may opt to kill them during any night phase following their recruitment.

When you recruit a Mentee, you gain access to a quicktopic where you can communicate during both the Day and at Night.

As a Werewolf Mentor, you have always had an easy time recruiting your marks. Living life fast and loose sells itself, and nearly everyone wishes they could break the societal shackles binding them to a boring life of lawful obedience. Capitalizing on this has granted you years of success, and the lack of any real challenge has cause you to grow complacent with your achievements. As a result, you've lost some of the natural charisma that wooed your first recruits. After all, while "Come to the dark side. We have cookies xD" might have been funny the first time, years of repeating it has dulled your delivery. And let's face it, that line was never actually funny in the first place. Your memes and pickup lines have gotten stale, but hedonism appeals for itself. For this reason, if you attempt to recruit the same player as the Town Mentor in the same night, your recruitment will fail, as the target will choose to become a Mentee of the Town Mentor instead. You will not be informed that a recruitment conflict was the reason for your failed recruitment.

However, the Town Mentor cannot woo your Mentee away from you once they have been successfully recruited. The only thing that can break your bond with your Mentee is death.

Upon the death of either the Town Doctor or the Town Jailkeeper, you become emboldened and filled with a sense of Machismo. You will refuse aid even if offered. Once this occurs, nightkill protection will *not* be effective on you. You will not be informed of this change.

You are NOT allowed to privately claim your identity in the Mentor Chat. Any private identity claim will result in your immediate modkill, even if the identity claim is false. Public claims in the game thread are exempt from this rule. Note that you cannot privately identify yourself even if you have already publicly claimed in the game thread.

You win once parity is reached or when there is no way to prevent parity.

2-shot Vigilante

Welcome, Name, you are a 2-shot Vigilante.
Each night, you may attempt to kill another player. If your attempt is successful, said player will die in the night.
Do be careful, however, as you are running low on ammunition. You only have two shots left in your gun.

Upon the death of either the Town Doctor or the Town Jailkeeper, you become emboldened and filled with a sense of Machismo. You will refuse aid even if offered. Once this occurs, nightkill protection will *not* be effective on you.

Town Macho Doctor

Welcome, Name, you are a Town Macho Doctor.

Each night phase, you may attempt to protect one player in the game from being nightkilled. If successful, you will protect said player from any number of nightkills for the duration of the night. If you target the same player as the Macho Jailkeeper, however, both of your protections will fail as a result of your conflicting desires to be the most Macho person around.

Due to your over-the-top Machismo, you refuse aid from everyone, and any protection targeting you will fail.

Town Macho Jailkeeper

Welcome, Name, you are a Town Macho Jailkeeper. Each night, you may attempt to jail one player in the game. If successful, you will simultaneously block that player's active abilities and protect that player from any number of nightkills for the duration of the night.

If you target the same player as the Macho Doctor, however, both of your protections will fail as a result of your conflicting desires to be the most Macho person around.

Due to your over-the-top Machismo, you refuse aid from everyone, and any protection targeting you will fail.

Werewolf Roleblocker

Welcome, Name, you are a Werewolf Roleblocker. You are partnered with Name and Name.

Every night, one of you may attempt to kill a player. If your attempt is successful, said player will die in the night.

Each night, you may communicate your vile plans to one another at this Discord meeting spot under the cover of darkness.

Additionally, you can attempt to roleblock a player every night. If successful, said player's active abilities will be blocked that night.

Upon the death of either the Town Doctor or the Town Jailkeeper, you become emboldened and filled with a sense of Machismo. You will refuse aid even if offered. Once this occurs, nightkill protection will *not* be effective on you.

Apprehensive Werewolf Tracker

Welcome, Name, you are an Apprehensive Werewolf Tracker. You are partnered with Name and Name.

Additionally, you can attempt to track a player each night. If successful, you will learn if your target left their home the night you track them, but not who they visited that night.

As an Apprehensive Werewolf Tracker, you have mastered the art of stalking your targets without being detected. Unfortunately, your biggest enemy in life has proven to be your cowardly nature. Every time you've ever attempted to track someone, you've ended up following them anxiously until they begin to approach their target. Just before you are able to see their destination, your anxiety, apprehension, and fear build up to the point where you abandon your pursuit. As a result, you are only ever able to identify whether your target leaves their home, but not the identity of their target or the nature of their visit.

Vanilla Townie

Welcome, Name, you are a Vanilla Townie. Your power is your vote.
Beyond this, you have no special abilities.

Greetings, Name!

In the night, you encountered a masked stranger. You were so taken by their compelling demeanor and enticing speech that you begged them to impart their wisdom upon you and mentor you in their ways. They accepted —after all, unbeknownst to you, this was their goal in targeting you— and you have become their Mentee.

Your Mentor, as mysterious as they are, left you only a scribbled quicktopic link as means by which you may contact them. You may follow that link here: [quicktopic]

Whether emulating your new Mentor will make true your hopes of living a more fulfilling life or cause you instead to fall into an even more fruitless existence remains to be seen, but one thing is for certain: you would do anything they command, even if it leads to your own demise. Trusting yourself to a masked stranger of dubious intent and placing your everything at their mercy speaks volumes to your naiveté, and you can only blame yourself for whatever comes next.

Thankfully, despite the feeling that you could not possibly live without them, time does cure all things. In the event of your Mentor's demise, the enchantment you're been living under will fall apart fairly quickly. You will soon re-adapt to your old, boring life, and it will all be Just Fine.

Rules (MUST READ):
Mentors are anonymous to their Mentees and can communicate only through anonymous, host-provided, temporary Mentor quicktopic threads.

Mentors and Mentees can communicate in their channel day or night.

Mentors are NOT allowed to privately claim their identity in the Mentor Chat. Any identity reveal by a Mentor will result in their immediate modkill, even if their identity claim is false. Public claims in the game thread are exempt from this rule. Note that a Mentor cannot privately identify themselves even if they have already publicly claimed in the game thread. Mentees cannot ask identifying questions or questions that only specific players would know the answer to. In general, any attempt by either the Mentee or the Mentor to make the Mentor's identity known/confirmed will result in a modkill to the offending party.

Mentors cannot recruit each other as their Mentee. Attempts to do so will return with the same failed recruitment message a roleblock would result in.

The only way a Mentor/Mentee relationship can be broken is if the Mentee dies. If they so desire, either Mentor may choose to kill off their Mentee by choosing them as their Nightkill.

Roleflips are partial in that both Mentors will flip as Mentor. All other wolf roles will flip as Werewolf

If either Mentor is killed, the Mentee that they have recruited will *NOT* die along with them, but instead get over their grief fairly quickly and live life as they did before getting recruited. Note that this is different than the traditional Mentor role.

When either the Town Doctor or Jailkeeper is killed, the Town Vigi, Werewolf Roleblocker, and both Town and Wolf Mentors all become Macho. Nightkill protection will not be effective on these players once they become Macho. Note that this does not apply to the Apprehensive Tracker, who will remain apprehensive for the rest of their lives. Probably for the best, eh? Can't be both macho *and* apprehensive, after all.

The Roleblocker, Jailkeeper, and Doctor cannot target the same player two nights in a row.

Excluding the nightkill, NO ACTIONS will be randomized if the player responsible for them does not submit them on their own. Wolf players cannot submit role-specific actions for one another.

General Notes:
Phases are 48/24 revolving around 10:00PM Server time
KitB: On
OoTC: Off (except for Mentor Chats and Wolfchat)
Nighttalk: Off (Except for Mentor Chats and Wolfchat)
NoLynch/Nokill: On
Roleflips: Partial (see Rules for details)
Referencing Trailer Park Boys: On

Player List:
1: Funnygurl555
2: SubaruPoptart
3: storn42 - Town Macho Doctor - Lynched D2
4: mellonxcollie - Vanilla Town - Killed N2
5: Charu - Mentor - killed N1
6: TWGma (T-Force)
7: DaBackpack
8: Shadow_God_10 - Vanilla Town - lynched D1
9: XelNya
10: inDheart flashflash account
11: Duskfall
12: the sun fan - Vanilla Town - Killed N2
13: MixMasterLar

Replacements:
1: flash flash account
2:

ShadoWolfe 01-19-2020 01:07 AM

Re: TWG 191: Don't Trust Your Mentor - Game Thread

DO NOT POST

Game will begin in approximately 21 hours, at 10:00PM Server Time, 01/19/2020

ShadoWolfe 01-19-2020 03:48 AM

DO NOT POST
All PMs have been sent out.

Game will begin in approximately 18 hours, at 10:00PM Server Time, 01/19/2020

ShadoWolfe 01-19-2020 10:01 PM

Game Start!

The sun has risen on Day 1. You may now post. Day 1 will end in approximately 48 hours, at 10:00PM Server Time, 01/21/2020

the sun fan 01-19-2020 10:08 PM

butts

Lar's current project is Sheep Raider/Sheep Dog 'n Wolf

Sheep, Dog 'n' Wolf (released as Looney Tunes: Sheep Raider in North America) is a puzzle-platformer stealth video game developed and published by Infogrames for Microsoft Windows and PlayStation.

The game is based on the popular Warner Bros. series of cartoons featuring Sam Sheepdog and Ralph Wolf. Controlling Ralph, the player must steal sheep from under Sam's nose while navigating through a series of levels, including two secret levels and a bonus level.

duskfall

SubaruPoptart 01-19-2020 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4708766)
butts

Lar's current project is Sheep Raider/Sheep Dog 'n Wolf

Sheep, Dog 'n' Wolf (released as Looney Tunes: Sheep Raider in North America) is a puzzle-platformer stealth video game developed and published by Infogrames for Microsoft Windows and PlayStation.

The game is based on the popular Warner Bros. series of cartoons featuring Sam Sheepdog and Ralph Wolf. Controlling Ralph, the player must steal sheep from under Sam's nose while navigating through a series of levels, including two secret levels and a bonus level.

duskfall

Interesting, interesting.

MixMasterLar 01-19-2020 10:12 PM

Oh, I guess from the viewers that would be the current project.

We're actually probably going back to Parasite Eve, but I wanted to do a one of video about one of the Namco collections next

Although, I'm on Day 189 on sharing music to Facebook and it would be pretty funny if I re-recorded Farewell, Trans-Siberian Railway :thinking:

Charu 01-19-2020 10:13 PM

I've been playing through the Assassin's Creed games and

Oh my lord

They are a time sinks

...I'm kind of digging it though. Some of the story beats though seem to be random and over dramatic for the sake of being over dramatic, but it's cool.

Got through:

AC1, 2, Brotherhood, Revelation, and finally finished AC3 just today.

And there's still so many more to go. Hot damn

SubaruPoptart 01-19-2020 10:15 PM

My projects have comprised of repurposing a strip-mine in Minecraft to a storage area and/or living quarters. Also been clearing out levelranks and have gotten up to the 29s so I'm makin progress, however reluctant it may be

inDheart 01-19-2020 10:31 PM

beaks

last game i made three reads in my opening shitposts and they were all right, so i assume if i do that again i'll prove i'm an irl caroler

also i haven't been playing any games because dragalia doesn't count as a game, it's work

shadowolfe is town, discuss

Shadow_God_10 01-19-2020 10:31 PM

I've been working on Danganronpa and slowly losing the will to live as I go through all 100 Alpha Mode dates in HuniePop

Shadow_God_10 01-19-2020 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4708771)
beaks

last game i made three reads in my opening shitposts and they were all right, so i assume if i do that again i'll prove i'm an irl caroler

also i haven't been playing any games because dragalia doesn't count as a game, it's work

shadowolfe is town, discuss

Wolfe-dono is the towniest town to ever town

SubaruPoptart 01-19-2020 10:32 PM

Wait what's Dragalia again? sounds like a dragon thing and is automatically cool if so

SubaruPoptart 01-19-2020 10:34 PM

Also: Shadowolfe is town because they haven't said anything yet.

Me thinking Shadow was playing after that one post is my first dumb of the game so oh well

Funnygurl555 01-19-2020 10:36 PM

T-Force

Funnygurl555 01-19-2020 10:39 PM

i think we should quickly come to the agreement that t-force has to be a wolf here, due to the twg law that states that me and t-force cant be on the same team

ik some of you might want to link games where we were on the same team

i urge you to not link such blasphemous threads

storn42 01-19-2020 10:39 PM

storn

Funnygurl555 01-19-2020 10:39 PM

with that i gotta try sleeping

Shadow_God_10 01-19-2020 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4708777)
i think we should quickly come to the agreement that t-force has to be a wolf here, due to the twg law that states that me and t-force cant be on the same team

ik some of you might want to link games where we were on the same team

i urge you to not link such blasphemous threads

I would agree with you here, however seeing as the last time I voted for T-Force I died, I do not believe this to be a smart idea

Shadow_God_10 01-19-2020 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by storn42 (Post 4708778)
storn

I guess some things will never change