Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Other Music Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   DDR/ITG Expert Help!!! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=112278)

Elfen_Lied90 09-13-2009 10:03 AM

DDR/ITG Expert Help!!!

Hello, this probably has already been asked before but I recently got DDR and ITG for PS2 and i have the fail floor mat. Anyways i'am progressing rather quickly and is moving up to hard/difficult for both games, and i need some tips on playing these songs, plus i was wondering if somebody could also tell how to flatfoot cause i don't know how and i cannot find anything on the internet except people doing it. Thanks a bunch in advance!
:-D

Oni-Paranoia 09-13-2009 11:07 AM

Re: DDR/ITG Expert Help!!!

NEVER flatfoot..

When playing at home, it's easier just to play on your toes. ITG (when on Expert) it's better to start learning how to heel-toe..

P.s. NEVER flatfoot

Elfen_Lied90 09-13-2009 11:11 AM

alright well can somebody explain to me how to heel-toe?

TC_Halogen 09-13-2009 11:28 AM

Telling someone to not do a certain style a very bad thing because then you're telling them to completely forget about something that can be good for them later.

I find success when flatfooting 16th runs, especially in the 190-220 BPM range. And even more so, I can trill flatfooting at around 260-280 comfortably (also 16ths).

Find the style that suits you best, and stick to it.

Elfen_Lied90 09-13-2009 11:31 AM

i know that but i just want to know how cause in later diff's if i have to do 16ths then at least i know how to flatfoot or heel-toe so all im asking is how do you do this??

TC_Halogen 09-13-2009 12:21 PM

Well...it's quite difficult to heel-toe with a non-metal pad as there are no indications to where the corners of the pads are.

Heel-toe is when you have your feet facing diagonally, on top of the corner brackets that surround the center panel. What this means is (incoming horrible drawing):

[] / ^ \ []
< | [] | >
[] \ V / []

You would keep your feet on the diagonals (i.e. slashes in the diagram), facing the direction that the slashes are pointing toward. From there, you'd play using your heels and your toes without making the full stepping motion.

If you're facing left (backslash in diagram), your left foot would be covering both the left and down arrows (with your toes on left and your heel on down), and your right foot would be covering the up and right arrows (with your toes on up and your heel on down).

In you're facing right (frontslashes in diagram), your left would be covering both the left and up arrows (with your heel on left and your toes on up), and your right foot would be covering the down and right arrows (with your heel on down and your toes on right).

This may sound confusing but I really can't explain it any other way. :oops:

Superfreak04 09-13-2009 12:31 PM

Isn't that also called "bracketing" AJ? lol.

shad0wlord 09-13-2009 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superfreak04 (Post 3225897)
Isn't that also called "bracketing" AJ? lol.

Well when you are heel-toeing you actually move your feet, just as minimally as possible. If you are bracketing you are constantly facing a single direction, and just double-stepping when it is needed. With heel-toeing you actually do candles, just very minimally. Or perhaps the community just hasn't actually laid out a clear definition for what it actually is.

As for learning how to flatfoot, it is just something you get used to over time, by reminding yourself to do it every time you play songs you can comfortably adjust your playstyle on. As you realize how to do it, it becomes easier. Just don't rush yourself. And telling a person to never "flatfoot" isn't a good idea. It saves a lot of stamina and is a good playing style for improvement.

Just502 09-13-2009 04:46 PM

1. If you play on your toes, you are on the wrong track. Not a good idea.
2. Playing flat footed conserves alot of energy, especially when refined into good technique, this is very important. Practice moving your feet as minimally as possible.

Just keep practicing playing flat footed, while a lot of people play on their toes at the start (including me, for a long time), it's a bad habit and something that you should try and get out of. I don't think I could be passing Strangeprogram or One More Lovely if I was still playing on my toes ;)

TC_Halogen 09-13-2009 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just502 (Post 3226131)
1. If you play on your toes, you are on the wrong track. Not a good idea.
2. Playing flat footed conserves alot of energy, especially when refined into good technique, this is very important. Practice moving your feet as minimally as possible.

Just keep practicing playing flat footed, while a lot of people play on their toes at the start (including me, for a long time), it's a bad habit and something that you should try and get out of. I don't think I could be passing Strangeprogram or One More Lovely if I was still playing on my toes ;)

Fixed. =p

Just502 09-14-2009 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3226162)
Fixed. =p

Oops brain fart!

That's what I meant hahahaha

Xiaounlimited 09-14-2009 12:44 AM

I can only MA when I'm flatfooting, and I can only stream when I'm flatfooting.

It's something you have to consciously remember 'til it becomes muscle memory

Rin-Dude 09-14-2009 09:34 AM

the straighter you stand up, more pressure you put on your arms and the lighter your feet are. i can only flatfoot for easy MA songs the rest im pretty much on the tip of my feet

TC_Halogen 09-14-2009 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rin-Dude (Post 3227307)
the straighter you stand up, more pressure you put on your arms and the lighter your feet are. i can only flatfoot for easy MA songs the rest im pretty much on the tip of my feet

This is essentially how Rynker plays. I can't take the pain in the shoulders after a while though. I'm pretty sure if I can get used to this playing style, I'll probably be able to hold a constant 200 16th stream like TEAM DRAGONFORCE AERODGISFDGI :lol:.

Rin-Dude 09-14-2009 08:30 PM

ps i posted a video response to ya trillin vid. im gon catch up to u

TC_Halogen 09-15-2009 12:27 AM

Hehehehe, not too bad man. =p

Gonna try to pass Cube Negative on 1.5 (303 BPM 16ths ohshtfasterdenDisregard). xD

kommisar[os] 09-15-2009 10:13 AM

im actually making a pad file for dumpstream. 270 bpm 16th trillz here we come