Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   FFR Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=115681)

Izzy 12-12-2010 02:30 PM

Re: FFR Suggestions

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3366768)
So stuff like 1.5 frame offsets? That'd be nice. Is it possible to implement non-whole frames?

No. I really doubt there is any way to get flash to show a frame halfway inbetween two frames. You would have to increase the fps by double and then offset 1 frame.

rushyrulz 12-12-2010 03:12 PM

lol anyone else notice that AlexDest is on the in-game top 10 (for songs he's AAAd) nearly 100% of the time?

At least the last 150 songs I've AAAd.

Plan_Bsk81127 12-12-2010 03:26 PM

Does it matter? As long as you have the AAA shouldnt matter if he is up there all the time. :P

cry4eternity 12-12-2010 03:33 PM

How about putting a pause button back on the replays?

ic0slay3r 12-12-2010 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 3367038)
lol anyone else notice that AlexDest is on the in-game top 10 (for songs he's AAAd) nearly 100% of the time?

At least the last 150 songs I've AAAd.

I always see Velocity on the top 10 lol.

I would prefer a way to just skip to the part I want to see in the replay than a pause button.

TC_Halogen 12-12-2010 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzy (Post 3367002)
No. I really doubt there is any way to get flash to show a frame halfway inbetween two frames. You would have to increase the fps by double and then offset 1 frame.

What needs to be done is sub-frame syncing. The only way to do this is to physically add a pause/silence within the .swf, because I highly doubt you can edit the audio stream, let alone change the .swf within the engine.

Sub-frame syncing would use milliseconds, rather than frames. And I agree, shifting frames within Velocity's global offset seems to shift them really widely, at least more considerably than converting stepcharts using Summerschool's SSFFRC converter.

Vanilla Mnm 12-12-2010 07:08 PM

I would probably be willing to have FFR go down for a week to have just PA based scoring, rather combo based scoring. (I read on this thread somewhere I think that FFR would need to go down for like another week to get it right)

XCV 12-12-2010 07:42 PM

Alright, my two cents:

* Either fix the bug where if the genre you're in is over 12 pages, 13 and 14, etc continue to show up after you leave, or make a dance3 and misc2 genre.

* Order songs according to their difficulty in jimerax's thread over in the main forum.

* Do the level-rank menu Ajax-style, like the one here: http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/. What I'm getting at here is the arrows next to the column titles that allow you to instantly order the rows by name, or whatever, forwards or backwards.

* Get rid of the [Heavy] in all those widget songs that don't have a light or standard version.

* HTML/BB support in random thoughts

* Up the filesize limit to 1MB so we don't have to posterize our layouts so much

Thanks.

Tailstail 12-12-2010 10:28 PM

Really don't want to go and read 160 other replies, so I apologize if this has been suggested before.

A way to sort songs by their "actual" genre. (J-Pop, Hardcore, Trance, etc.)

Actually - I feel there might be a thread for this... and if not I'd be willing to make one. I enjoy playing J-Pop songs (regardless of difficulty) but can never seem to find them... same with many of the Touhou songs.

TC_Halogen 12-12-2010 10:44 PM

Replays are broken again...

Velocity 12-13-2010 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3367623)
Replays are broken again...

what?..........

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

SideNote:
Ranks - Length

Sorting with them are finally done. :D

who_cares973 12-13-2010 09:32 AM

why does it have to be on your engine and not the current engine ;_;

Velocity 12-13-2010 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzy (Post 3366643)
What is the formula for calculating the final score? I could have sworn it was just raw score multiplied by combo.

Total Score:
(Perfects * 500) + (Goods * 250) + (Averages * 50) + (Highest Combo * 1000) - (Misses * 300) - (Boos * 15) + Raw Score

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 3367949)
why does it have to be on your engine and not the current engine ;_;

Because Copy&Paste is hard. D:

Izzy 12-13-2010 06:51 PM

Fix the miss glitch. I have no idea what causes it but when you miss and keep hitting the notes accurately afterward it just gives you misses. You accumulate about 10 misses per 1 miss. This really messed with raw score. It wasn't much of a problem for combo based scoring because any non full combo was a worthless score anyway that 1 miss is the same as 100 misses.

xBBx Takedown 12-13-2010 06:54 PM

I think the level stats should be ordered by miss count like if you have 1 miss those appear then 2 misses, etc. So people don't have to go crazy and look through all of the songs.

TC_Halogen 12-13-2010 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzy (Post 3368462)
Fix the miss glitch. I have no idea what causes it but when you miss and keep hitting the notes accurately afterward it just gives you misses. You accumulate about 10 misses per 1 miss. This really messed with raw score. It wasn't much of a problem for combo based scoring because any non full combo was a worthless score anyway that 1 miss is the same as 100 misses.

This is just the nature of FFR's timing window. You miss an arrow and try to hit the arrow, the game thinks that you're hitting the old arrow late when there's nothing there - overlapping timing windows, etc.

Anyway, I found a really...really interesting glitch. (click the image for full size)

If you boo out of a song and then press the restart hotkey before the screen transitions, the next time you play the song, you'll have an infinitely long lifebar (as shown by my screenshot above).

Velocity 12-13-2010 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3368514)
This is just the nature of FFR's timing window. You miss an arrow and try to hit the arrow, the game thinks that you're hitting the old arrow late when there's nothing there - overlapping timing windows, etc.

Anyway, I found a really...really interesting glitch. (click the image for full size)
..snip..

If you boo out of a song and then press the restart hotkey before the screen transitions, the next time you play the song, you'll have an infinitely long lifebar (as shown by my screenshot above).

I dunno how that's even possible.

Izzy 12-13-2010 07:51 PM

Because flash is buggy even if your coding is flawless.

HoneyMelonCalibrator 12-13-2010 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3368514)

lmao I've never run across that glitch, but that's crazy.

Velocity 12-13-2010 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzy (Post 3368527)
Because flash is buggy even if your coding is flawless.

True that, look at sorting...