Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Batch Forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=116884)

XelNya 08-22-2015 02:43 AM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 [Regular batch: OPEN]

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 4351777)
God damn I have so many backed up submissions.

What do people even want to see in the game nowadays, I have so many dozens of files that I could submit any kind. Give suggestions or something.
v2s of old shitty files? Hard stuff? Newb friendly stuff? Jumpstream? Jacks?

Some V2's of some not as great files would be pretty cool if you hit the right songs with the right approach.

hi19hi19 08-22-2015 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4352307)
Some V2's of some not as great files would be pretty cool if you hit the right songs with the right approach.

I had submitted many v2s, to files such as Death Piano and System Doctor. They had to be removed from the batches without being judged.

The problem is, if I were being "strategic" about how I submitted, they are low priority for me to re-submit. I have stepped songs much more likely to have someone else step them, which are the ones that I "should" submit first. By this judging system, it's not file quality, but timing that determines if you get your file in game for a popular song.

I might just say fuck that though and give up my work on more popular songs and just resubmit the v2s, we'll see.
Thanks for your input. Good to know that v2s could be well received if I do submit them.

ilikexd 08-22-2015 04:04 PM

I kinda stopped submitting since February too after the batch slowed down, but only have 5-8 things I could really send, so I guess I'll do that now rather than never, and they can be added to whatever batch.
I'll send Le carnaval des animaux, Movement no. 14 ''Finale'', Major League Can Can, Syncopatriarch, The Scales of Strangeness, and Unpause the Heat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 4352462)
I had submitted many v2s, to files such as Death Piano and System Doctor. They had to be removed from the batches without being judged.

I also made another version of Death Piano, lol.

DossarLX ODI 08-22-2015 05:57 PM

Weekly updates on the batch will be posted in a Stickied Thread starting this Sunday at 10 PM EST.

XelNya 08-22-2015 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 4352462)

The problem is, if I were being "strategic" about how I submitted, they are low priority for me to re-submit. I have stepped songs much more likely to have someone else step them, which are the ones that I "should" submit first. By this judging system, it's not file quality, but timing that determines if you get your file in game for a popular song.

I might just say fuck that though and give up my work on more popular songs and just resubmit the v2s, we'll see.
Thanks for your input. Good to know that v2s could be well received if I do submit them.

Yeah the issue is strategic submitting due to you having the backlog you have + others wanting to chart songs.

Me I just kinda pick stuff and sub it at random since my backlog isn't too bad. x.x'

Wait, what's your cap because you could kinda go like 3/4ths new stuff and fill the last with a V2 here and there and kinda get the best of both.

SKG_Scintill 08-23-2015 12:48 PM

DossarLX ODI 08-23-2015 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI (Post 4352529)
Weekly updates on the batch will be posted in a Stickied Thread starting this Sunday at 10 PM EST.

This thread has been created. It can be found here.

Lambdadelta 08-23-2015 09:35 PM

Quote:

What do people even want to see in the game nowadays, I have so many dozens of files that I could submit any kind. Give suggestions or something.

A watered down version of Bolt Thrower in a Chinese Restaurant until the actual hard version can be accepted please.
In terms of actual types of files, Harder stuff, preferably in the 84-88 range, seems to be a lack of files around that difficulty, though I'd settle for stuff in the 70-80 range too.

Maybe some more jacktacular files too?

icontrolyourworld 08-26-2015 11:14 AM

Is my file for Rampage waiting to be judged, or should I submit it again?

Xtreme2252 08-27-2015 11:37 PM

Most of my files tend to be jacktastic, though not in a way many people would enjoy to play.

SKG_Scintill 08-28-2015 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icontrolyourworld (Post 4354058)
Is my file for Rampage waiting to be judged, or should I submit it again?

Your Rampage file is in the next batch, so it's waiting to be judged I guess.
On a different note, there's a Rampage file in the current batch by bmah. Not sure if it's the same song.

DossarLX ODI 08-30-2015 08:11 PM

Another weekly update has been posted and also describes some next steps for the batch to take.

icontrolyourworld, Rampage was submitted in the November/December 2014 Batch and it hasn't been judged. The next batch that will be opening after the September/October 2014 Batch finishes will be the 89+ difficulty Special Batch which is still under discussion. The Batch Search Engine that I am currently developing an initial concept for should be ready within the next two days for stepartists to try out and provide feedback.

Rapta 08-30-2015 08:16 PM

When the new levels cap higher than 99, will that hard d7 tiebreaker song that was never used from last tourney gonna be put in? It sounded scary and I wanna play it .-.
does anyone else know what song i'm referring to? lol

DossarLX ODI 08-30-2015 09:10 PM

The difficulty range brainstormed was 1-120. To get an idea of what 120 would be, high D7 would still be able to get double digit goods. RATO would fall around 110-113.

HeZe 08-31-2015 02:26 PM

Thank you Dossar for the update.

And remember dudes, today is the last day to send files to July/August batch!

Sent today two diff ~95 files. The other will need some serious fixing still which I'm going to do within the next two months.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI (Post 4355433)
The difficulty range brainstormed was 1-120. To get an idea of what 120 would be, high D7 would still be able to get double digit goods. RATO would fall around 110-113.

Ha, like a year ago I used one day to create a function which gives difficulty ratings according to the scores made in the song. It'd only need to collect proper scores for like a year for it to be accurate, so it's useless, but I had some fun with it. It counted the amount of mistakes made in each song in difficulty range 85-96, and sorted the songs to an order where the least mistakes made would be diff 85 and most mistakes made would be 96. Then It makes a linear graph and re-rates the difficulties. Some of the results:
Song - difficulty
Milky Blue - 85
Grind 2 - 86
Rave 5 - 87
Grist - 88
Here We Go - 89
Rave 7 - 90 (the high amount of players falsifies the difficulty level)
Jamais Vu - 91
Winter Wind Etude - 92
System Doctor - 93
Heterochromia Iridis - 95
Revolutionary Etude - 101
Metro - 105
RATO - 175
DP - 187
VBvrofl - 1297

:D

ItsOnlyDanO 08-31-2015 03:28 PM

if the diff scale is going to be from 1-120 and with that projection of rato, it would be fair to say that every song in the game will have their diff number increased by about 10-13%

so that would mean that of course tokens would be adjusted accordingly, e.g OWA would probably be a 99+ file, Scarhand (heavy) 85-98, etc

also I may try and finish a file off that's in the works but I won't rush it just for this batch

DossarLX ODI 09-1-2015 08:12 PM

The following files fit the criteria for the 89+ difficulty Special Batch, from all the currently submitted files. By the end of this week the Special Batch should be open for more submissions; this is just a list of the currently submitted files that will automatically be moved to the Special Batch, and if stepartists find a file here they want to remove in the submissions they should contact Silvuh or myself about not having it in there.

Code:

Aragami - bmah
Call me it. (500 Tortures) - hi19hi19
Dysnomia - DossarLX ODI
Firmament Castle Velier - hi19hi19
High-Priestess - hi19hi19
Hyper-INF-LATiON - SonicX.
L6!N - Lambdadelta
Maniera v2 - 0
Mondo Brutale - hi19hi19
Nest - lurker
Odd22 - Choof
OWA Raged in Vegas (Fuck Bees) - hi19hi19
shit palette 2.0 - HeZe
The lost - hi19hi19
where is my balls - YoshL
You Universe - hi19hi19

There was supposedly another file, "Breath After Breath", but I found nothing. I'll be moving these songs to the Special Batch for the Batch Search Engine and away from their original batch.

Wayward Vagabond 09-1-2015 08:17 PM

Quote:

Files I've stepped since last August:

Files for FFR I've stepped since last August:

How do you do it hi19

_Zenith_ 09-1-2015 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI (Post 4355433)

I'm curious about this so I'm gonna ask if you don't mind.

With a possible difficulty spectrum change, do you think that the grading system that FFR uses currently (Grades as in AAAA, AAA, AA, etc) needs a change too?

I think if files were not passed because they were not possible to AAA at the time, they should get a shot at coming back because imo any file that is AA'able should be allowed in-game.

Just a thought :mrgreen:

DossarLX ODI 09-1-2015 09:10 PM

The difficulty spectrum increase had nothing to do with the Grading Systems ingame, it was geared towards looking at overall score (like when I said double digit goods, even in the high range for it). I also think an AA is based on 95% of the maximum score which isn't generally mentioned by users.

On another note, the High FGO Special Batch list I posted above has been updated to be on the Batch Search Engine. There will be more information regarding this Batch that I'm aiming to have out by Friday for it to be open for submissions.