Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   You know what I miss? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=98274)

MalReynolds 08-21-2008 02:52 PM

You know what I miss?

Being able to pretend to be someone. In the sense of acting. And it's not because I have identity issues, no, it's just that whenever I try to act now, I have such a freakin' hard time getting into character. I used to be able to hop from Ricky Roma to Shelly Levine in an instant, and now, I have to stop, and think, and I just can't seem to focus my mind. I used to act by being able to just think about the years my character has had, and what it all lead up to - that moment when I would be on stage or in front of the camera, but it's just difficult now.

Ugh, I'm so out of practice it's embarassing me.

Gibson63 08-21-2008 02:56 PM

Re: You know what I miss?

o.O .. i am stupid or something.. cause i don't understand this thread , lawl.

TheRapingDragon 08-21-2008 03:07 PM

I'm a girl.

sarahxjane 08-21-2008 04:23 PM

At least you were able to.

I fail at acting and besides, I can't be in front of a camera or audience.

( Major stage fright )

cC@Zz 08-21-2008 04:40 PM

I use to pretend I was a depressed youth with Nystagmus.

NFD 08-21-2008 04:41 PM

Ugh, I remember watching West Side Story...x_x'

MalReynolds 08-21-2008 05:02 PM

I tried to do a monologue today from Glengary Glen Ross from memory, and it was only okay. When I finished, I wasn't impressed with myself, and I don't think my friends were floored. I'm going to try and get into a different character later tonight, but it's tough when there's no director. I keep wanting to try the Joker, but there's no way I could do that without making an ass of myself.

Relambrien 08-21-2008 05:18 PM

At least you always have the Internet. It's easy to pretend to be someone else here. For instance: Typical 14-year Old MySpace Female:

LOL u no wut's funny, i saw taht bitch jen makin out w/ the fball coach bhind the bleachers! **** them their so slutty!!!

TheRapingDragon 08-21-2008 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Relambrien (Post 2663106)
At least you always have the Internet.

It's too easy. You don't have to worry about intonation, inflection, accent, facial expressions, or anything really.

I'm sure Mal is above that in wanting to be a better actor in real life.

Relambrien 08-21-2008 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRapingDragon (Post 2663554)
It's too easy. You don't have to worry about intonation, inflection, accent, facial expressions, or anything really.

I'm sure Mal is above that in wanting to be a better actor in real life.

That's very true, and I concede the point.

But even actors need an easy job every once in a while!

Kinspin 08-21-2008 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MalReynolds (Post 2662238)
I tried to do a monologue today from Glengary Glen Ross from memory, and it was only okay. When I finished, I wasn't impressed with myself, and I don't think my friends were floored. I'm going to try and get into a different character later tonight, but it's tough when there's no director. I keep wanting to try the Joker, but there's no way I could do that without making an ass of myself.

Its going to be hard to act like the Joker, the last guy that did died afterwords.

MalReynolds 08-21-2008 11:05 PM

Acting like the Joker didn't kill him. Mixing medications did. It's hard to try and go over some of his lines, because I'm not trying to act like Heath Ledger. I'm trying to be a different Joker with the same lines. It's hard not to find myself slipping into his speech patterns and eye movements, though. I delivered most of the "Why so serious" speech without a problem, using my own voice and mannerisms and did alright with it.

Phynx 08-21-2008 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gibson63 (Post 2657300)
o.O .. i am stupid or something.. cause i don't understand this thread , lawl.

Do NOT test the Reynolds. He is mighty and he says all things with a meaning. Test not his seemingly meaningless threads. Haha, test.

Varia 08-22-2008 02:31 AM

You know what I miss? MalReynolds.

jewpinthethird 08-22-2008 03:17 AM

You know what I miss? Gilbert.

Varia 08-22-2008 03:29 AM

Liar. You haven't even talked to me since you left for Berkeley. I am bitter and full of angst. I'm gonna go to Oakland one of these days to visit Kim, so I'll make sure not to get in touch with you while I'm there. Zing!

P.S. I moved to Vegas.