Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   FFR Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=115681)

duddychuck@yahoo.com 02-10-2011 10:23 PM

Re: FFR Suggestions

There we go lol. Nice change :)

TC_Halogen 02-11-2011 05:43 PM

Forgot to mention this -- it's something that I've wanted to see for a little bit.

On your engine, when you hover over the score, it tells you the raw scoring that you're missing from non-perfect arrows. Maybe you can make it possible to keep it in place (either by clicking, or an option in settings) ?

badman7772 02-11-2011 06:07 PM

Did anybody suggest the Re-Record button yet? So that in case the score doesn't record the first time, press the button, and it will try again.

TC_Halogen 02-11-2011 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badman7772 (Post 3415604)
Did anybody suggest the Re-Record button yet? So that in case the score doesn't record the first time, press the button, and it will try again.

If this is implemented, make sure that a user can only re-record when their score didn't go through. According to your debug, it has 5 steps to go through, so don't allow it to re-record unless it's at stages 1-4. Obviously this sounds a lot easier than it really is to code, but it would be nice.

bmah 02-11-2011 06:27 PM

Will the pause button be re-implemented into replays in the future?

TC_Halogen 02-11-2011 06:37 PM

That would be great...taking screenshots of trouble spots again would be really awesome.

ichliebekase 02-11-2011 06:39 PM

It'd even be nice to have a slow-down button for replays so that if you have trouble reading those problem spots, you can slow it down and take a good look at the problem. Just randomly thought of it. Probably won't/can't happen.

XCV 02-12-2011 08:44 AM

Having an option to hide/show token songs along with FCs and AAAs would be nice.

EDIT: Another pet peeve of mine - is it possible to make it so that the engine doesn't need refreshing when you unlock a token? Possibly auto-reload after the player exits to the main screen?

master q60 02-12-2011 06:48 PM

could you make it so you can add to favorites from the song drop down menu so you dont have to find the song first and then add it to favorites

Velocity 02-12-2011 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3415622)
Will the pause button be re-implemented into replays in the future?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3415628)
That would be great...taking screenshots of trouble spots again would be really awesome.

Just added, clear cache.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ichliebekase (Post 3415629)
It'd even be nice to have a slow-down button for replays so that if you have trouble reading those problem spots, you can slow it down and take a good look at the problem. Just randomly thought of it. Probably won't/can't happen.

Changing the speeds is challenging. It may happen one day, but not today.

bmah 02-12-2011 10:18 PM

Many thanks! Will try it out later.

duddychuck@yahoo.com 02-12-2011 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XCV (Post 3415956)
Having an option to hide/show token songs along with FCs and AAAs would be nice.

THIS

kjwkjw 02-13-2011 08:32 AM

Suggestion for random thoughts on profiles that I posted a while back...

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjwkjw (Post 3385027)
I'm not sure if I'm the only one who would care for this but...

Sometimes I want to make space for a temporary random thought without having to delete other random thoughts (or just tidy up my profile until I feel the need to use the random thought again, haha). Would it be possible to hide individual random thoughts (that you can put up again later) without completely removing them?

If that's not possible, what about an option where you can set the number of random thoughts you want to show on a single page? Or choose the ones you want on the first page?

Tunic 02-13-2011 11:14 AM

Old school FFR'er here.

1. Your engine owns. Nice job.

2. It's really hard to read through pages of this thread, sorry if it's been asked/responded to. What about having some sort of playlist creator, where you could add songs to a list and play them consecutively. Add a "next song on playlist" button after each song, and you can have the choice to continue it or go back to the regular song list.

Eh? Does this exist already? If so, I feel dumb for writing this post. B)

Also, I can't scroll up when I resize the window. Is there a way to view only the top half of the screen, for instance?

Sweet_Feet 02-14-2011 01:34 PM

Pause in the replay looks really cool. Nice addition.

Just wondering if we'll ever see an assist tick feature available under options somewhere?
I think it would help people (myself included) improve on tricky/difficult patterns and what not.

master q60 02-14-2011 10:38 PM

Random question, can you unlock skill tokens on the legacy engine, just asking because it doesn't lag out as much as the other ones.

Velocity 02-14-2011 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by master q60 (Post 3417682)
Random question, can you unlock skill tokens on the legacy engine, just asking because it doesn't lag out as much as the other ones.

Yes.

[TeRa] 02-15-2011 11:55 AM

would it be possible to make the song progress bar in replays clickable to jump around to w.e part of the replay you want. would help tons, especially on p4u

TC_Halogen 02-15-2011 11:58 AM

Having a seeker to go wherever you want isn't easily implementable in FFR because of the code that its written in, but it might be doable.

rushyrulz 02-15-2011 12:01 PM

Yeah, seeing as how replays just record frame information and the song, I don't see how creating a rewind/fast forward function would be possible without a shit ton of code.