Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Other Forum Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   The one letter reply game (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=101236)

somethingillremember 10-10-2008 02:33 AM

The one letter reply game

Okay, this is my first try at a game thread, so if it doesn't work, I'm sorry, and I'll stay away from making new game threads until I come up with a better one :P

That being said, this is a game in which you need to sensibly reply to the person who last said something.

But before you go off thinkin' that your danger dan or something, just wait, there's a catch:
Your reply has to be ONE LETTER DIFFERENCE IN LENGTH from the last person's reply. A post that does not follow this rule can be disregarded.

For example, if I say "Hello" in one post, the next guy could say "hey, man" because 'Hello' has five letters and 'hey, man' has six. I could also reply with a four letter word, but it would be better to try increase word size in this case.

Keep in mind that spaces, apostrophes, commas, etc. do not count as characters. Only count the letters. Try to keep as few of them as possible in your replies so that people do not get confused, especially if it gets long enough so that people have to copy the posts into MS word to see how long they are. If it is obvious what you are saying in a word that needs an apostrophe, then you may exclude the apostrophe for clarity.

For example, you could change "You're a cool guy" into "Youre a cool guy"

Also, you MAY add an apostrophe where suitable to reduce the number of words. Like changing "thinking" to " thinkin' ". In this case, do not omit the apostrophe. And don't abbreviate words like "smelly" into " 'melly ". This doesn't make sense.

Remember what I said before about posting a four letter word? Well, I lied, the posts need to stay 5 LETTERS OR MORE. So don't go off trying to reduce the posts to nothing. Any post with less than 5 letters can be disregarded, and you may reply to the last person with a post of 5 letters or more.

Make sure you answer with at least slightly sensible responses. Don't answer "I am so cool" with "Awkward poo." These posts and other nonsensical posts may also be ignored.

A couple final tips: Try to make it so your posts are easy to reply to. They don't have to be perfect, but at least try. Also, try to remember to put your answer in quotes, so you don't confuse other people.
I will start with an 11 word sentance:

"Whats up guys"

*EDIT*
Slightly nonsensical posts are OK, but if you can answer sensibly, then please do. If your posts are totally ridiculous, and it is obvious you didn't try, I will post saying to ignore it, but as long as you tried somewhat, it's okay.

*SECOND EDIT*
There is another set of things that count as characters. Numbers, like '1' or '2850'. If the posts ever get really long, I suggest not including numbers, and instead writing them out, like 'five' or 'two thousand nine hundred and six'.
Another tip: If it gets frustrating, you can use txt speak. I'm not saying use it liberally. No "Dud, I ful cmbd a VC fiv mnits ago" but "This is some crazy stuf" is okay. Again though, at least try to use proper grammar.

dynamite1 10-10-2008 02:41 AM

Re: The one letter reply game

Quote:

Originally Posted by somethingillremember (Post 2835345)
Okay, this is my first try at a game thread, so if it doesn't work, I'm sorry, and I'll stay away from making new game threads until I come up with a better one :P

It most likely won't.

"In before lock" [12 letters]

Uh oh, I broke a rule.

rzr 10-10-2008 05:41 AM

"Really, I care" 11 letters. (Directed towards post 2).

Quigly 10-10-2008 07:29 AM

I am with rzr. (10 letters)

Xx{Midday}xX 10-10-2008 10:37 AM

This isn't bad. 11

who_cares973 10-10-2008 10:47 AM

it is ok i guess (12)

Gigispackles 10-10-2008 11:41 AM

I'll give it a try. (13)

flipsta_lombax 10-10-2008 11:49 AM

This is very hard...(14)

[Kind of pointless trying to count the letters in which you are trying to say...]

somethingillremember 10-10-2008 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flipsta_lombax (Post 2835543)
This is very hard...(14)

[Kind of pointless trying to count the letters in which you are trying to say...]

"Yeah, it kinda is" (13)

GuidoHunter 10-10-2008 09:56 PM

I tried to formulate a response that would fit the thread, but everything I made was either thirteen or fifteen letters, and I didn't want to wait for another post. As such, mod powers ACTIVATE.

This isn't a game, but I think it's interesting, so I'll see where it goes.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

phe0nixblade 10-10-2008 10:02 PM

no it kinda is not (14)

customstuff 10-10-2008 10:06 PM

Maybe it kind of is (15)

Sullyman2007 10-10-2008 10:10 PM

This may make laffs (16)

IDKW2CM 10-10-2008 10:23 PM