Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Batch Forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=116884)

DossarLX ODI 03-10-2011 01:47 AM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2

If your file got a [pass] in the review thread, what happens?

bmah 03-10-2011 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI (Post 3432190)
If your file got a [pass] in the review thread, what happens?

Someone else will have judged the file if one judge refuses to do so. Use ctrl+F to find your song.

DossarLX ODI 03-10-2011 01:53 AM

5+/1/2/2

Aw come on I wanted to be the first person to get single digit rating on a file with a ++ at the same time XD

The ratings this time were pretty lol

TC_Halogen 03-10-2011 01:55 AM

Sweet, 18/20 on the collab between Kayla and me.

Lisa Lavie is going to be happy about seeing this in game -- she was excited when I asked her about it and she's wanting updates. :D

psychoangel691 03-10-2011 01:55 AM

17/20 on the final hour ^_^

I can go into labor now lol

Plan_Bsk81127 03-10-2011 01:58 AM

lol, +. ? + + on my file

thanks Halo. =]

TC_Halogen 03-10-2011 02:00 AM

I would hope that a 16/20 would still be considered for at least borderline.

Sorry, Plan -- wasn't my kind of chart. :p

qqwref 03-10-2011 02:01 AM

If I see one more judge complain about song choice, I'm going to start taking off two points for each shitty rock song I see. Fair warning.

Also I think I'll do some metajudging tomorrow. Good luck all.

DossarLX ODI 03-10-2011 02:04 AM

Taking points off for song choice is laughable

Ziergdsx18 03-10-2011 02:05 AM

Cest What 3/1/5/2 = 11

[Resubmission]Cest What (made some fixes following judges notes) 1/2/4/3 = 10

...lovely, gonna go for a 9 next batch.

EDIT: Did I mention the word "bias"?

TC_Halogen 03-10-2011 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qqwref (Post 3432200)
If I see one more judge complain about song choice, I'm going to start taking off two points for each shitty rock song I see. Fair warning.

Also I think I'll do some metajudging tomorrow. Good luck all.

Hey, at least I did the right thing and passed Metro rather than giving it the initial rating that I was thinking (which was highly biased on song taste).

jimerax 03-10-2011 02:06 AM

btw can someone calculate points (possibly accurately)?

DossarLX ODI 03-10-2011 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3432204)
Hey, at least I did the right thing and passed Metro rather than giving it the initial rating that I was thinking (which was highly biased on song taste).

That's what a judge should do if they feel that subjectivity issues will result in an unfair rating. It's good you took that into consideration.

Also @ Ziergds: If a resubmission gets lower than the original submission, something's not right here...

qqwref 03-10-2011 02:09 AM

Passing on a song you couldn't grade properly is fine. What I don't like is when a song gets a bad score with comments like "broken disco music?" "also song choice sucks" "this is not music" "I don't think it's a great song to step" "Song is very short, and doesn't quite present a lot of variation for the length itself, which is problematic." etc etc. If you dislike the song so much that you need to mention it, maybe you dislike the chart because of the song?

TC_Halogen 03-10-2011 02:13 AM

JX: I'm tallying points right now. Give me a few.

bmah 03-10-2011 02:17 AM

Broken disco music is a complement you know - broken describes the choppy aspects of the song, not the song is broken as in "trashy". I liked the song. The file was a different story. Don't misinterpret these things. And if you plan on taking points off on your own misinterpretations, you won't be considered as a judge in the future. Not playing around with this at all.

If you need clarifications from one of the judges, just ask. Do. Not. Assume. That's a fatal flaw right there.

qqwref 03-10-2011 02:23 AM

I wasn't serious about taking points off for rock songs - it was an idle threat. But it really does annoy me that some judges blatantly do this and don't get called on it at all.

Anyway I looked back at the "broken disco music" one and you're right, I misinterpreted that one, but you did complain a lot about the song cut, and that falls under song choice too. Unless you really think the chart would be far superior if the missing parts were stepped, taking a lot of points off for a bad cut is really just saying you don't like the beginning or end of the music that was included in the file.

bmah 03-10-2011 02:32 AM

And song choices are valid complaints - over half of all notes are subjective, and why should song choices not be included? If I thought that many parts of a song could've been better stepped (the current steps being far more generic), resulting in a [+.] instead of a [+], that's on the same subjective level as song choices. I'd say it's more reasonable to make this assumption on song cuts and more technical features of the song as opposed to what genre of music you love/hate.

Secondly, you cannot predict where each point was taken off in a song, unless the judge makes a very explicit marking system (e.g. Niala), which very few do. So once again, ask the judge how the points were evaluated for the song in question. Otherwise, you're just making assumptions.

Niala 03-10-2011 02:33 AM

Breaking tension for:

HOMOSEXUAL LOVE SCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENE 8D

That is all.

DossarLX ODI 03-10-2011 02:37 AM

I think what he was trying to get at is that saying "song sucks" is not a valid reason to take off points from a file.

Notes can be based on how the song is stepped which is what you said, but that's different than saying "lol this song"