Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Batch Forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   April 2017 Judge Applications [CLOSED] (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=147260)

DossarLX ODI 04-8-2017 05:51 PM

April 2017 Judge Applications [CLOSED]

FFR Simfile Judge Applications are CLOSED.

TABLE OF CONTENTS
• Overview and Sending Applications
• Part 1: Questionnaire
• Part 2: Reviewing test files

§ Overview and Sending Applications

e-mail applications to ffrsubmissions@gmail.com with the subject "[Judge Application] <username>", e.g. [Judge Application] DossarLX ODI. Submissions that do not follow this format will be ignored.
In addition, please send any new information (any updates to Part 1 or notes for Part 2) as a reply to your first e-mail, so your whole application will be threaded together.

From April 8th through April 30th, applications for judging positions will be open. The application process will consist of two parts:
1.) Filling out a general questionnaire
2.) Reviewing test files

The GM Team will review the general questionnaires and contact users who are decided to be a good fit for a judge position for Part 2. Applications for Part I may take a week or so for Game Managers to go through as they come in. Applicants will be PMed as soon as decisions have been made. On that note, please do not post completed applications in this thread. This thread is for discussion of the application process itself.

When it comes to Part 2, reviewing of the test files need to be e-mailed within two weeks of receiving them. This will be strictly enforced. Also, do not send the test files to anyone and do not discuss them with anyone outside of the application process.

§ Part 1: Questionnaire

A few considerations before answering this questionnaire:
• Remember to send the answers to these questions through e-mail, preferably as a text file attachment. Do not post answers to these questions in this thread!
• Please answer honestly. This questionnaire can also be taken as an opportunity for reflection.
• There is no one right answer to these questions. When looking through this questionnaire, do not think in terms of "what answer is this person looking for?" as that will hinder the quality of your application. This isn't a pre-determined lab manual for a school course.

1. Do you have experience reviewing simfiles? If so, please give at least two examples of reviews you've written with the link to the original file and your review.

2. Do you have experience creating simfiles? If so, please give at least two examples of files you've created (if not on FFR) and provide the links to the original files.

3. Describe how well you can interpret and judge files at different difficulty ranges? Please cover the whole 1-120 scale. Note that a 93 on the old 1-99 is now a 100 and so on, although you should be able to give reasonable estimates.

4. What is your availability like throughout the year? For example, do you have more free time in some months than others? Files are judged in sets, usually from 4-6 files each. Does judging three to four sets every two months seem like something you can do? If not, why?

5. What is your work ethic like? For example, do you work better by spreading the load over a period of time? Do you prefer infrequent but intense work sessions?

6. Of the following, which would be the best channel to get your attention? Would you respond within a few hours or a day through it?
-- Discord
-- FFR User Control Panel (Private Messages, subscribed threads)
-- E-mail (the address you sent in this application with)
-- Instant Messengers (name which messenger service you would be using, e.g. Skype)

7. If there is any more relevant information you can share that was not prompted by one of the previous questions, please put it here.

§ Part 2: Reviewing test files

If your application was reviewed and accepted in Part A, then you will be given instructions for Part B. Part B contents will not be posted in this thread. When you receive the test files, do not send the test files to anyone and do not discuss them with anyone outside of the application process.

You must make the reviews yourself. Do not ask others about your reviews. Honesty is one of the key points we emphasize in this process. Do not take a "what is this person looking for" attitude.

James May 04-9-2017 12:04 AM

Re: April 2017 Judge Applications [OPEN]

quick question: if it's Stepmania files that we have reviewed on, do we have to upload the file up to a site and link it in the email? Just wanting a clarification on it.

e: interpreted it as such, if its wrong then I do apologize and will redo the submission email. Sending it.

DossarLX ODI 04-9-2017 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James May (Post 4541807)
quick question: if it's Stepmania files that we have reviewed on, do we have to upload the file up to a site and link it in the email? Just wanting a clarification on it.

e: interpreted it as such, if its wrong then I do apologize and will redo the submission email. Sending it.

You can send either a link or attach the files. Attaching the files would be easier in terms of downloading. If you're going to use links, I'd recommend using dropbox.

DossarLX ODI 04-17-2017 06:42 PM

So far two submissions were received; if anyone else is interested, applications are open until the end of April 30th.

Reviewing the applications will probably start later this week.

Wayward Vagabond 04-17-2017 06:52 PM

Do I have to submit an application if I want to judge this set

TheSaxRunner05 04-17-2017 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4543147)

Eh, Who Cares

In all seriousness, I love your stepping style and it would be great if you judged again. (Haven't you done this before for FFR, or am I mistaken?)

Wayward Vagabond 04-18-2017 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSaxRunner05 (Post 4543171)
Eh, Who Cares

In all seriousness, I love your stepping style and it would be great if you judged again. (Haven't you done this before for FFR, or am I mistaken?)

Yeah I was a main judge for a couple of years

DossarLX ODI 04-19-2017 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4543147)

Yes, users who were judges at a previous point in time still need to fill out Step 1 of the Application for logistical purposes; please indicate you've been a judge at a previous point in time in the application. The instructions for Step 2 will be different.

DossarLX ODI 04-22-2017 03:31 PM

Both Phase 1 applications that were submitted have been replied with Phase 2 instructions. Phase 1 applications are still open until April 30th.

DossarLX ODI 05-8-2017 08:09 PM

Re: April 2017 Judge Applications [CLOSED]

April 2017 Judge Applications are over. If anyone didn't get their submissions in time, there is an anticipated June 2017 Judge Applications coming around.

In other news, congratulations to James May and trumaestro for joining the Judgment team!