Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Post Your Picture IV - trip the deep - READ PAGE 1 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=35024)

stretchypanda 11-30-2005 12:02 AM

At the time it was Bergman, thanks.

I always hoped to just date a basketball player so I could wear his big warm jacket, but most of the basketball players were jerks.

Tasselfoot 11-30-2005 12:25 AM

Meh. Any excuse I can get to type out or say "Bald Knob" and I'm gonna.

But, yea... basketball players... I think they don't get enough oxygen. Too tall.

GuidoHunter 11-30-2005 12:52 AM

TEAM SMJ REPRESENT! Yeah, if any of you wondered (knew?) why my representative color was green, this is why. These are some of my best friends: my Halo team. We kicked ass and took names, and so we adopted the colors of our respective characters. Every time we have a choice, we pick our representative color. Game pieces, blankets, wristbands, everything. We rule like that.

Other pics of me that facebook people have uploaded:

Might have been posted already, but worth a repost. My girlfriend ish hawt.

Big stretch

Amanda about to smack a man

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Tasselfoot 11-30-2005 01:44 AM

Dude... that is pathetic. The halo, not Amanda.

Varia 11-30-2005 03:49 AM

afro: WOAH FLASHBACK TO THE PAST YOU ARE FROM THE 50'S

jazz: is that spook?

stretchypanda 11-30-2005 07:59 AM

=( I really hate that picture from the TAG dance.

Afrobean 11-30-2005 02:15 PM

Letter is for Robotics haha.

Seriously though, the whole robot was built by me and another kid. All the other people on the team just sat around doing nothing, with a few exceptions of people who wouldn't do any real work, but they'd help by getting tools and things.

In short though, they give letters for anything at my school. I hear they give them out for choral too.

JurseyRider734 11-30-2005 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tasselfoot
what is the letter for.... marching band?

Kids who got letters for marching band in HS made me laugh. NOTHING is less of a sport than walking around while playing an instument. Are they going to make walking and blowing bubbles a varsity sport too? Don't give me the stuff about Cheerleading though... not only do the chicks look hot in the mini-skirts, but they are out doing flips, handstands, and pyramids after school all day.

Please learn how to play an instrument well, read music, play along with other people while listening to your director and march while playing.

Then you can compare to being in band to "walking and blowing bubbles".

I'm not in band, but damn, that was fucking ignorant.

Tokzic 11-30-2005 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tasselfoot
not only do the chicks look hot in the mini-skirts, but they are out doing flips, handstands, and pyramids after school all day.

Because that's what you meant to say.

Neonatrias 11-30-2005 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
Please learn how to play an instrument well, read music, play along with other people while listening to your director and marching while playing.

Then you can compare to being in band to "walking and blowing bubbles".

I'm not in band, but damn, that was #$#ing ignorant.

Thanks, you took the words right outta my mouth. =D

talisman 11-30-2005 04:08 PM

As a former marching band member myself, I agree with tass. It isn't a sport, nor anything near one. Yeah, there are competitions and stuff but it's more about who's better artistically, not physically or anything. Marching is scored, but it's more of a stylistic grading than "This guy is marching stronger and harder than the others". That doesn't even make sense in the context of marching.

Now whether it can be compared to walking around and blowing bubbles I don't know, but I'm fairly sure that's what most people would call hyperbole. An exaggeration to make a point.

Oh and you don't listen to your director while performing in marching band competitions, you just watch the field commanders. Also you don't need to read music during performances because you're playing from memory.

JurseyRider734 11-30-2005 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talisman
Oh and you don't listen to your director while performing in marching band competitions, you just watch the field commanders. Also you don't need to read music during performances because you're playing from memory.

Sometimes bands read their music off lyres.

sleeplessdragn 11-30-2005 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talisman
It isn't a sport, nor anything near one. Yeah, there are competitions and stuff but it's more about who's better artistically, not physically or anything.

Gymnastics is a sport isn't it? Isn't that judged on being artistic?

GuidoHunter 11-30-2005 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afrobean
I hear they give them out for choral too.

I didn't know that this wasn't normal. I never got a letter in it myself, just a patch for doing UIL, but most of my friends did. All you had to do was go out for UIL, All-region, Solo & Ensemble, and attend other choral performances.

Letters at school these days just show your involvement in a group, not that you're good at a sport.

This doesn't change the fact that Tass is right or that band does suck, though...

EDIT after sleepless: Gymnastics requires a WHOLE lot of physical strength, agility, and skill, WAY more than band.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

talisman 11-30-2005 04:22 PM

uh there's a huge physical aspect to gymnastics, figure skating, etc.

jurs, you only use a flipfolder during a parade or on the sidelines during a football game. For marching competitions, using them is like admitting that you suck... also it would severely limit your ability to watch the field commanders.

Chromer 11-30-2005 04:35 PM

Meh, my friend came over last week and took this picture. Personally, I look too evil in this picture. And don't joke my Konoha headband. I like it. :(

JurseyRider734 11-30-2005 04:43 PM

resize pls

Chromer 11-30-2005 04:55 PM

I wish i could. :|

JurseyRider734 11-30-2005 04:57 PM

Open in MS Paint

Image>Stretch/Skew>Enter "50" in the top two blanks.

Tadah.

BluE_MeaniE 11-30-2005 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neonatrias
Thanks, you took the words right outta my mouth. =D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meat Loaf
It must have been while you were kissing me.