Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Songs and Artist Permissions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Closed (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=118952)

MarioNintendo 06-10-2011 08:51 AM

Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

19/20 and 19/20 for me, I wasn't expecting so much! 0_0

I noticed that comment from Niala which said: "I'm sad to say I expected a bit better from you (...)". I think you should not be biased upon my previous files and just judge the file as it is. This just begins to sound too subjective for a judge, in my opinion. My creations should be looked upon the same as everyone else, not with greater expectations or more forgiveness. Don't get me wrong, I'm not mad at you for giving me a +. at all! That sentence just made me realize that. While my previous files might be great (21/20 comes to mind), it might also have been a strike of luck. I am not the perfect stepper, I constantly do my best to learn and find new ways of stepping! :)

tl;dr: I also have the right to submit crap and not get away with it, just like everyone else.

Still, thanks to every judge for the feedback, Niala included, of course!! I'll try my best to send fixes over the month of June.

nois-or-e 06-10-2011 09:13 AM

15/NA/14

Yeah, I thought 45 was gonna do much better than that, o well. It was stepped as a 2, but stepping a 2 for an easy batch was obv needing something more exciting than what difficulty 2 steps can provide, lol. I kept PR and didn't think messing around with it a lot would be good for a low diff song. Shows what I know I spose.

Congrats on everyone that got something in o/

iironiic 06-10-2011 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plan_Bsk81127 (Post 3484108)
At least the other two songs I had people step got in, mainly all I cared about. :D

:]]]] Got my first 20/20 with a [++] being one of my +5. I'm going to reread all of my notes and make sure I don't make those same mistakes in the future :3 Thank you to the judges!

Niala 06-10-2011 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 3484140)
19/20 and 19/20 for me, I wasn't expecting so much! 0_0

I noticed that comment from Niala which said: "I'm sad to say I expected a bit better from you (...)". I think you should not be biased upon my previous files and just judge the file as it is. This just begins to sound too subjective for a judge, in my opinion. My creations should be looked upon the same as everyone else, not with greater expectations or more forgiveness. Don't get me wrong, I'm not mad at you for giving me a +. at all! That sentence just made me realize that. While my previous files might be great (21/20 comes to mind), it might also have been a strike of luck. I am not the perfect stepper, I constantly do my best to learn and find new ways of stepping! :)

tl;dr: I also have the right to submit crap and not get away with it, just like everyone else.

Still, thanks to every judge for the feedback, Niala included, of course!! I'll try my best to send fixes over the month of June.

I don't look at whose files I'm judging until after I've completed the entire judging process (unless people leave their names ingame or something.) I added that after, the mark on the file would have been the same for anybody.

g2g to work now !_! Q_Q

Thatskier 06-10-2011 10:40 AM

Where are the notes :(

Xayphon 06-10-2011 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thatskier (Post 3484182)
Where are the notes :(

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=114965

Thatskier 06-10-2011 10:54 AM

Song 1: -20/20

Song 2: -20/20

Song 3: -20/20

Hours spent making: LOL 16.

New accomplishment obtained... only person to recieve all [-]!

I got yoked!

JSH 06-10-2011 11:05 AM

lol one of my charts got four different scores
+, +. , +? , and ?

Edit: and AJ, what did you mean by using stop at the beginning rather than offset?
I thought I used offset?
And I wouldn't mind the accompaniment :)

emulord 06-10-2011 11:48 AM

Aww, I got a little hate for my Eulogy for Nick Galvez file. I was inspired by stuff like Dendrite and secret zombie room. Have complicated files with simple charts. It at least makes it fun to listen to.
@TC_Halogen How do I make something more consistent and have more variation ?

For skate or die, blue note syndrome was an intentional choice. I did it because it looks pseudo legacy until the very end.

Thanks for judging guys!

Score for Eulogy for Nick Galvez: +, ?, +?, +?. Verdict: Cut the song and fill in chaos gaps with something.
Stake or Die (beginner): +, +. <, -, <
Skate or Die (beginner): +, +? <, -, <
Verdict: Blue notes were a problem? That was an intentional choice on my part. The only other complaint was the other Skate or Die was better, but I havn't seen it.

leonid 06-10-2011 12:13 PM

It's hard to cater to the nubs !!

who_cares973 06-10-2011 12:29 PM

whats going on here...

yo man im awesome 06-10-2011 02:00 PM

Great. The offset completely F'd up the judging of my file. I heard what Niala through AIM, and GD's was good. I just can't stand that the sync completely destroyed it. This is really agitating.

Also, Psycho, -1.386 is the correct offset for SM. I don't have DDReam, so I can't tell what it would be there.

emulord 06-10-2011 02:05 PM

If it makes you feel better, I got a - and a < from the notes being blue :/

yo man im awesome 06-10-2011 02:10 PM

Well, I'm not angry that I didn't make it. I'm just angry I couldn't be properly judged. I want to hear what A.J and Kayla thought of the file, not the sync.

Ziergdsx18 06-10-2011 03:59 PM

bitmapstar = [+][.+][+][.+]

:o

p.s O-SE is a new artist yay! ;3

TC_Halogen 06-10-2011 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSH (Post 3484196)
lol one of my charts got four different scores
+, +. , +? , and ?

Edit: and AJ, what did you mean by using stop at the beginning rather than offset?
I thought I used offset?
And I wouldn't mind the accompaniment :)

Darling:
Code:

[...]
#OFFSET:-0.007;
#SAMPLESTART:100.026;
#SAMPLELENGTH:12.000;
#SELECTABLE:YES;
#BPMS:0.000=121.220;
#STOPS:0.000=0.140
;

Pastel Candy:
Code:

[...]
#OFFSET:-0.089;
#SAMPLESTART:100.020;
#SAMPLELENGTH:12.000;
#SELECTABLE:YES;
#BPMS:0.000=120.700,8.000=120.700,14.000=120.700;
#STOPS:0.000=0.040
;

(these are the untouched syncs straight out of the archive, but I had fixed them when judging - these weren't a huge factor in scoring, though)

Quote:

Originally Posted by emulord (Post 3484224)
Aww, I got a little hate for my Eulogy for Nick Galvez file. I was inspired by stuff like Dendrite and secret zombie room. Have complicated files with simple charts. It at least makes it fun to listen to.
@TC_Halogen How do I make something more consistent and have more variation ?

For skate or die, blue note syndrome was an intentional choice. I did it because it looks pseudo legacy until the very end.

Thanks for judging guys!

Score for Eulogy for Nick Galvez: +, ?, +?, +?. Verdict: Cut the song and fill in chaos gaps with something.
Stake or Die (beginner): +, +. <, -, <
Skate or Die (beginner): +, +? <, -, <
Verdict: Blue notes were a problem? That was an intentional choice on my part. The only other complaint was the other Skate or Die was better, but I havn't seen it.

It was a really risky stylistic choice; I happen to be one of the people who thinks offsetting charts to a blue note is just awkward and makes it seem like a poor offset. Unfortunately, it didn't work out.

Your beginner chart for Skate or Die was really boring, just really spaced out notes. The light chart actually wasn't too bad, but it could have been a little bit more stepped than just the occasional quarter notes - some jumps for the change in the synth melody probably could have been enough to add a little more variation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo man im awesome (Post 3484285)
Great. The offset completely F'd up the judging of my file. I heard what Niala through AIM, and GD's was good. I just can't stand that the sync completely destroyed it. This is really agitating.

Also, Psycho, -1.386 is the correct offset for SM. I don't have DDReam, so I can't tell what it would be there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo man im awesome (Post 3484292)
Well, I'm not angry that I didn't make it. I'm just angry I couldn't be properly judged. I want to hear what A.J and Kayla thought of the file, not the sync.

ok, this is getting irritating. First off, if the offset is ridiculously off in DDream, it will most certainly be off on SM. A 400 ms difference is not even close to plausible comparing DDream to SM, let alone a near 3000 ms change that I had to do in order for your file to play properly. If you think your file's offset is -1.386, then your entire chart is off by over a beat, which is grounds for rejection anyway. You can't sit here and say your chart wasn't properly judged, and to put it truthfully, as well as quite bluntly - I am a judge, but -you- are responsible for the content, and if it's off by that much, then I do reserve the right to reject the file for sync alone:

Quote:

12. It should be a simfile that is fun to play for you and others, goes well to the song and captures all its themes and variations and has been confirmed to be on sync on a low music rate.

Ziergdsx18 06-10-2011 04:11 PM

So is there a list with all the accepted files/borderline files?

yo man im awesome 06-10-2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3484407)
Ok, this is getting irritating. First off, if the offset is ridiculously off in DDream, it will most certainly be off on SM. A 400 ms difference is not even close to plausible comparing DDream to SM, let alone a near 3000 ms change that I had to do in order for your file to play properly. If you think your file's offset is -1.386, then your entire chart is off by over a beat, which is grounds for rejection anyway. You can't sit here and say your chart wasn't properly judged, and to put it truthfully, as well as quite bluntly - I am a judge, but -you- are responsible for the content, and if it's off by that much, then I do reserve the right to reject the file for sync alone:

Now see, I originally had it at -1.386. Then When I showed Niala, he said to change it to 2.0, so it would even out in the converter. Since this was my very first file, my only option was to really believe him.

EDIT: or are you saying that -1.386 isn't the offset? Because I had confirmed it with Niala when I started stepping it.

(Not hating on you Niala, still love you :D)

psychoangel691 06-10-2011 04:19 PM

1st and foremost, JX asked for quick judgments this time not so much notes.
Quote:

Originally Posted by jimerax (Post 3478482)
Notes:

- Quick judgements are needed this time, since we want to put some easy files in regular releases.
- Detailed judgement notes are NOT needed this time, only simple ones are ok. If you don't have enough time, judgement notes are not needed (quicker is better).

You all complain that you want to see if your files made it and can't stand waiting, but then if we do quick judgements or skip around to save time you all complain as well. Normal batches get 3 or 4 weeks to judge and since we're in teams its usually only around 25 files this was 53.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo man im awesome (Post 3484292)

Take a read of the OP of the queue batch discussion thread. Being that offsync is grounds for immed rejection. I don't have the time to sync up people's charts to judge them. I don't play favorites to anyone if I were to sync yours up for you to judge it then I'd have to do it for every person which could lead to a bunch of people sending in offsync files which we wouldn't have the time nor would want to fix the sync on to judge. It's different if it's a slight mistake this was like the notes were no where near the music at all.

EDIT: I really don't know why niala would tell you to do that. I've gotten files from him several times and they've never been offsync like this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by emulord (Post 3484289)
If it makes you feel better, I got a - and a < from the notes being blue :/

Regardless of bns I thought the other chart was better either way.