Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Observation: people trying to be cool (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=4433)

dontcareaboutmyid 11-7-2003 10:58 AM

Observation: people trying to be cool

Is it just me or are people trying to be cool on a message board?

I've read fifteen different stupid catch phrases that you'd think would be cool, but when read, makes a person look stupid, very very stupid

for example, thats hella cool, orthat sounds awesome to the third degree,

It sounds retarded and i think we should all stop caring about trying to appear cool.

Im done with my ranting

Laharl 11-7-2003 01:28 PM

I made the "How old are you?" thread a while back for the expressed purpose of finding the average age of posters here. When I discovered it's mostly middle-school kids, I figured out why so many of them do exactly as you say. It's just the way "to be cool" at < 14.

I just try to let it shrug off my back in the hopes they will pull out of it here in a few years.

IAMTHEEVILBEAN 11-7-2003 01:33 PM

true dontcareaboutmyid

Anybody who trys to act cool here....is proving that they are complete loser in real life and want to make friends here

Laharl 11-7-2003 01:37 PM

I resent that statement.

Just because someone wants to make friends through the internet doesn't automatically make them a loser.

scorpio1690 11-7-2003 01:50 PM

But it does kind of show that they're a social outcast. I mean, what kind of person comes onto a forum and starts trying to be kewl?

IAMTHEEVILBEAN 11-7-2003 01:55 PM

Hey guys I got this really cool computer with 5647467 gigs

BE MY FRIEND

Cenright 11-7-2003 01:57 PM

Cuz them bein kewl is rad in skewl. Ya gots ta rip ya pantz doun so ya undaware showz ta b kewl.

If I ever do that again, please shoot me. That almost made me sick.

Laharl 11-7-2003 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorpio1690
But it does kind of show that they're a social outcast. I mean, what kind of person comes onto a forum and starts trying to be kewl?

Yet again, being a social outcast doesn't necissarily mean someone is a "loser".

I'm an outcast here at my high school, big time. To this day, I only have one or two people I consider honest friends I attent school with. I guess it's bound to happen when you're 6'3", incredibly loud, very angry, and often suffer panic attacks. It's scary, and no one likes it.
Thing is, I know I'm not being social grace in part due to the college class I'm taking. I fit in there like a glove. Everyone in there already knows my name even though I can't do the same for everyone else. I've been invited to hang out with people, and that's never happened before.

Up until recently, my friends I'd made online were pretty much it. They got me through the day.

What I'm trying to get at is that people who seek friendship in the internet are not "stupid".

People who try to act hip and cool to gain friends, yes. Not people that try to gain friends in general.

Be more specific, I guess.

dontcareaboutmyid 11-7-2003 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cenright
Cuz them bein kewl is rad in skewl. Ya gots ta rip ya pantz doun so ya undaware showz ta b kewl.

If I ever do that again, please shoot me. That almost made me sick.

*arms himself with a uzi*

will do, will do

and bean just because you want to make friends online doesn't right away make you a social reject. Take me for example. I consider most of you my friends. yet i do have a social life outside of ffr

What im saying is i hear these crap phrases that shoud be burned and the people that made them shot

IAMTHEEVILBEAN 11-7-2003 03:00 PM

yeah I guess ur right

but you know what I was saying

if people ONLY have online friends and no other friends....well thats what i meant

Diabolicus 11-7-2003 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laharl
I resent that statement.

Just because someone wants to make friends through the internet doesn't automatically make them a loser.

Exactly. In fact it makes people less of a loser if you think about it.

bballplaya 11-7-2003 04:38 PM

huh??

Diabolicus 11-7-2003 04:39 PM

what? What?!?! stop staring!!!! AAAHHH!!!

bballplaya 11-7-2003 04:40 PM

*coughCRACKcough*

Diabolicus 11-7-2003 04:41 PM

*cough wtf are u talking about cough*

Bittabe-be 11-7-2003 05:04 PM

*cough*you*cough*

jewpinthethird 11-7-2003 05:07 PM

Hey man, I am cool. No pretending here.

RobbyZero 11-7-2003 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAMTHEEVILBEAN
true dontcareaboutmyid

Anybody who trys to act cool here....is proving that they are complete loser in real life and want to make friends here

Perfect description of Arch right there.

Bittabe-be 11-7-2003 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jewpinthethird
Hey man, I am cool. No pretending here.

YOu sure about that now? :roll:

RobbyZero 11-7-2003 05:14 PM

Quote:

YOu sure about that now?

Shouldn't question Jewpin. Although he's a little wacky at times and very myserious. He's a chill guy.