Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Mirror's Edge (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=102754)

HansSky 11-7-2008 04:43 PM

Mirror's Edge

seriously is anyone else excited for how much potential this game has?

Squeek 11-7-2008 05:05 PM

Re: Mirror's Edge

Ya.

The main reason I want my RMA'd 360 to get back here now is just to play the Demo.

Even though I bought the damn thing for Vesperia and am currently in the middle of one of the best parts of the game.

Of course, I'm going to wait for the PC release, but I just want to see how amazing it is first-hand since demos are free and all.

xBBx Takedown 11-7-2008 05:18 PM

i am

Bojack2424 11-7-2008 05:27 PM

this game does look beautiful. they were talking about putting Mirrors Edge in 3rd person but said it looked wierd-eth =o such a good decision

HK_pjpaveloffga 11-7-2008 05:39 PM

I think it's going to be a boring repetitive phailure like assassin's creed

tsugomaru 11-7-2008 07:34 PM

I'll be waiting for the PC port of Mirror's Edge as well, but you can definitely expect it to be amazing.

~Tsugomaru

Quigly 11-7-2008 07:50 PM

Yeah I went onto the website and if the video is any indication of what the game will be like then I am definitely getting it. I love these kind of games.

makdaddy 11-7-2008 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HK_pjpaveloffga (Post 2867491)
I think it's going to be a boring repetitive phailure like assassin's creed

I don't understand why everyone relates this game to Assassin's Creed

Mirror's Edge looks really fun, I want to play the demo! No Xbox :(

_R3K_ 11-7-2008 07:56 PM

The game looks beautiful, and it really seems like it's going to use the potential of the

first-person genre to create a kind of... newer feeling? haha. Most first-person games

are FPSs which usually don't have the most extraordinary plots. Mirror's edge looks

like it has a decent plot... However it does look like it may be a little exagerated,

which I'm not helping, haha. All in all, I'm pretty excited. I will probably buy it for my

TeknoRokr 11-7-2008 07:56 PM

Add another person to the list of people looking forward to this.

Shamo0 11-9-2008 02:08 PM

Love the art, Highly interested for the game. I'm not exactly excited for it tho. I played the demo on PS3 and I'll probably give it a second look when the PC version comes around. It just feels like it would control better on a pc imo

phe0nixblade 11-9-2008 02:59 PM

can't wait looks badass

purebloodtexan 11-9-2008 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makdaddy (Post 2867636)
I don't understand why everyone relates this game to Assassin's Creed

The comparison comes to be because of the dystopian, police-ridden, roof-jumping gameplay of Mirror's Edge is similar to that of the religious, guard-ridden, roof-jumping gameplay of Assassin's Creed.

Personally, I think that the advanced acrobatics that pay homage to parkour and free running, the graphics and color (or the lack thereof), and the first-person setup greatly outweighs Assassin's Creed.

EnedersXgame 11-9-2008 04:16 PM

Played the demo Its pretty good everything is way too white tho and as for the Assassin's Creed comparison I think that the Parkour Elements are the same but I think they are more creative in mirrors edge as opposed to Assassin's creed

marioGP87 11-9-2008 04:29 PM

That game is badass ^^. if anyone is going to underrate it, it always going to be Game Informer (so biased x__x...)

Bojack2424 11-10-2008 04:18 PM

tried out the demo at a friends house.

just wow.