Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Critical Thinking (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Mental illness thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=147636)

choof 11-24-2020 08:23 AM

Re: Mental illness thread

there's nothing to say except for empty platitudes that do nothing to alleviate any and all stress brought on by the current state of the world. anyone who thinks that they're "helping" is, at best, doing nothing to better or worsen someone's mental state. this idea that anyone can "help" is stupid.

SputnikOwns 11-24-2020 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choof (Post 4750064)
there's nothing to say except for empty platitudes that do nothing to alleviate any and all stress brought on by the current state of the world. anyone who thinks that they're "helping" is, at best, doing nothing to better or worsen someone's mental state. this idea that anyone can "help" is stupid.

Doomer choof bringing the flawed take of a depressed person.

choof 11-24-2020 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SputnikOwns (Post 4750067)

sputnik unable to elucidate what's flawed

Jonlovesddr 12-3-2020 07:28 AM

the therapy i'm able to get for free on medicaid sucks and if i want something better it costs usually 100 dollars a session which i can't afford
but i need to talk to a professional because i have pushed all my friends away
hopefully i get a good job someday and i can finally experience mental health

katanaeyegaming 12-3-2020 04:48 PM

I have adhd but on top of that I have a bunch of unhealthy stress and with the shit that has gone on in my life for the past 7 years being sometimes chaotic I have been in therapy since 2013 to keep myself under control.

I hope everyone else here has gotten better.

ositzxz369 12-6-2020 12:22 PM

did u know Koality sounds like the word "Quality"?

Nyokou 12-15-2020 04:55 AM

So how do people feel about GoFundMe being one of the biggest medical insurers in the U.S. now? A third of the fundraisers on there now are medical bills. It's crazy to me that Americans just accept this as normal. Just further pushes what most people here already are aware of.... The costly access to mental health help that those of us with severe problems have been yelling about for years. At some point while growing up my parents couldn't afford health insurance for themselves and us anymore. I didn't have it again until I was 24-25 through my jobs.

choof 12-15-2020 10:27 AM

american healthcare working as intended, surprised there hasn't been a federal response to gofundme doing stuff for medical bills tbh

choof 12-15-2020 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SputnikOwns (Post 4750067)

still unable to elaborate
stay gassed up

mellonxcollie 12-15-2020 10:31 AM

It's seriously so messed up that if I think about it too long I start getting really panicky worrying about my friends. It's also a big reason I didn't travel to see roundbox even when it was relatively safe for me to do so. On the off chance I did need to be hospitalized I'm not trying to go into debt for the rest of my life

Cakemanjake 12-16-2020 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyokou (Post 4752679)
So how do people feel about GoFundMe being one of the biggest medical insurers in the U.S. now? A third of the fundraisers on there now are medical bills. It's crazy to me that Americans just accept this as normal. Just further pushes what most people here already are aware of.... The costly access to mental health help that those of us with severe problems have been yelling about for years. At some point while growing up my parents couldn't afford health insurance for themselves and us anymore. I didn't have it again until I was 24-25 through my jobs.

Yeah the American Healthcare system shows that America is more business oriented. It makes me the sad cake.

More worried about making money than taking care of your fellow human. :(

Neigdoig 03-13-2024 08:49 PM

I believe tackling mental illness is simple:

Firstly, you may need to change your mindset a little bit. I'm a Messianic Jew, so this process is the longest.

Secondly, in the meantime, you could change what's on your plate. I don't eat anything with gluten, cow's milk, soy and refined sugar (the sugar part is pretty seldom, but I consume the wrong sweetener by accident sometimes). That, and cleansing parasites twice a year (every 6 months) works pretty well for my needs.

Lastly, and this is my opinion, it's because you're looking for someone to make fun of about almost anything. This for sure messes up some people's minds, so do something productive like music production, creative writing, or anything else productive in this way. I do that, but some of what I do requires communication.

_choof 03-20-2024 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neigdoig (Post 4795095)

Firstly, you may need to change your mindset a little bit. I'm a Messianic Jew, so this process is the longest.

Secondly, in the meantime, you could change what's on your plate. I don't eat anything with gluten, cow's milk, soy and refined sugar (the sugar part is pretty seldom, but I consume the wrong sweetener by accident sometimes). That, and cleansing parasites twice a year (every 6 months) works pretty well for my needs.

Lastly, and this is my opinion, it's because you're looking for someone to make fun of about almost anything. This for sure messes up some people's minds, so do something productive like music production, creative writing, or anything else productive in this way. I do that, but some of what I do requires communication.

very intellectual post there linux minty boi

radioamor 03-20-2024 03:16 PM

Quote:

this post is either bottom shelf bait or it comes from a genuine worldview so vehemently antiquated and misinformed that it seems wholly detached from the ethos of the modern world. "go do something productive" is such an effete and asinine piece of advice that most talking heads would probably shy away from it.

Infinity_ 03-21-2024 09:24 AM

Quote:

I don't really have any words on how fatuous this post is. Try again, bud.

Adriano264 03-21-2024 10:33 AM

This is the most antiquated and petulant opinion I have ever seen. (hey mods how do i reply comments, i wanted to reply that neig guy but i don't know what's happening)

WolfTypist 03-21-2024 08:21 PM

Quote:

Was this a joke?

T-Force 03-22-2024 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adriano264 (Post 4795168)
This is the most antiquated and petulant opinion I have ever seen. (hey mods how do i reply comments, i wanted to reply that neig guy but i don't know what's happening)

Press the quote button on the bottom-right of the person's post.

Neigdoig 03-22-2024 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adriano264 (Post 4795168)

Yes, I am old-school for a young guy. I actually embrace it, personally.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfTypist (Post 4795170)
Was this a joke?

No, it's not. These are my opinions based on research I had done. As stated, I'm not a doctor, but I do a bit of research myself.

rayword45 03-23-2024 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neigdoig (Post 4795177)
Yes, I am old-school for a young guy. I actually embrace it, personally.

No, it's not. These are my opinions based on research I had done. As stated, I'm not a doctor, but I do a bit of research myself.

How old are you