Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Dumbstep (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=142565)

barfingboots 08-12-2015 10:28 AM

Dumbstep

Why is there so much Dubstep for tracks? There should be more; House, Trance, Hard Trance, Hardstyle, and so much more European music, but no there's only Dumbstep mainly and it's annoying. I would make them, but I don't know how to make the steps and what not, so if you or anyone you know is willing to upload more of the European trend please do so, tired of listening to the same beats over and over again.

Khenra 08-12-2015 10:39 AM

Re: Dumbstep

100% agree. Dubstep is extremely boring. I guess the reason for the huge amount of dubstep files is that they are interesting to step.

My vote is for more classical and jazzy tracks :)

TheRapingDragon 08-12-2015 10:43 AM

I can't say I agree with your statement. Even taking a cursory look through Dance 1 and 2 I noticed very little labeled as dubstep under style. Granted I haven't played it much in years so I can't say for sure if those are labeled wrong but it looks like there is tons of choice in there. Not to mention the many other sections such as rock, classical, and so forth.

If you're so tired of 'the same beats' then play different songs. It's not like you don't have hundreds to choose from. Or go get stepmania and download a million and one songs for that.

Poison- 08-12-2015 10:45 AM

If you want it, your best bet is to step it yourself.

SKG_Scintill 08-12-2015 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barfingboots (Post 4349623)
House, Trance, Hard Trance, Hardstyle, and so much more European music

unts unts unts unts

Mister_Raccoon 08-12-2015 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poison- (Post 4349627)

This.
You talk like house and trance core and all that other stuff doesn't sound similar to what this game refers to as "dubstep" anyway.

Would love to see more actual dance music in the dance section. Stuff that might otherwise be referred to as disco or funk. I listen to most of the songs in the "dance" section and I'm all, "How the fuck does ANYONE dance to this?"

Admittedly, there are a ton of songs in ITG or DDR that don't necessarily feel "dancey." It's more like HOLY S#!T IT'S RAINING ARROWS!

MinaciousGrace 08-12-2015 03:11 PM

i think we can all agree we need more stepmanias music

ilikexd 08-12-2015 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barfingboots (Post 4349623)
Why is there so much Dubstep for tracks? There should be more; House, Trance, Hard Trance, Hardstyle, and so much more European music, but no there's only Dumbstep mainly and it's annoying. I would make them, but I don't know how to make the steps and what not, so if you or anyone you know is willing to upload more of the European trend please do so, tired of listening to the same beats over and over again.

There are already more house tracks than dubstep tracks and many times more trance tracks than dubstep tracks. You can check by searching by genre/style. Why do you think it's mainly dubstep?

ItsOnlyDanO 08-12-2015 03:42 PM

pretty sure dubstep probably equates to less than 3/4% of FFR's total music count, maybe not even that

if you think there's too much then it probably means you sought them out deliberately just to make this thread

also this
Quote:

Originally Posted by Poison- (Post 4349627)

Khenra 08-12-2015 05:02 PM

Since I came back to this game, I've been trying to play all unplayed songs, but it feels like at least 25% is shitty dubstep. Probably has something to do with the fact that the dubstep 'hype' started after I stopped playing. And it also might be disproportionally well-represented in the difficulty range I play.

In any case, I'm very much against accepting any more dubstep songs. I'm suffering enough already improving these scores :)

Mister_Raccoon 08-12-2015 05:10 PM

VisD 08-13-2015 11:04 AM

sorry for forcing you to play those shitty files

we cannot all be fine gentlemen of good taste and proper upbringing

Trumpet63 08-13-2015 01:09 PM

lurker 08-13-2015 01:34 PM

any edm with bass in it produced after 2010 is dubstep

Mister_Raccoon 08-13-2015 06:16 PM

To be fair though, there are clearly some liberties being taken with genres.
Not just in FFR either. Everyone wants to create a new genre and be all "unique" or whatever. Hence why we even have soooooooooo many sub-genres of what is essentially just Techno.

barfingboots 08-20-2015 05:17 PM

Since there are a lot of tracks for one genre they should make a better grid for genre's so it is clean and organized.

choof 08-20-2015 07:30 PM

hey dude you wanna see something rly cool

guess who's an idiot
ps it's u

choof 08-20-2015 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister_Raccoon (Post 4350043)
To be fair though, there are clearly some liberties being taken with genres.
Not just in FFR either. Everyone wants to create a new genre and be all "unique" or whatever. Hence why we even have soooooooooo many sub-genres of what is essentially just Techno.

lmfao

Jonlovesddr 08-20-2015 11:17 PM

why do people still treat hardstyle as if it's actually good