Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG XXX - Objection! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=41258)

nforcer06164 04-18-2006 10:23 AM

TWG XXX - Objection!

TWG 30 has begun! For anybody that is still not sure of the final rules, they are clarified here. The first post has been edited to reflect all issues addressed within the thread.

Players/AIM names:

1. iggymatrixcounter (Iggy911Mc)
2. Kilgamayan (bjstrattonim)
3. mattc16 (mattc16mcfc)
4. blahblah18 (mastr414)
5. Kefit (Kefit42)
6. chardish (This Is Chardish)
7. GuidoHunter (ElSoyokaze)
8. Wilkin (Wilkini Evili)
9. talisman (stressreliefball)
10. FishFishRevolution (insanelikeafish)
11. Tasselfoot (Tasselfoot)
12. HansSky (notsofaroff)
13. Afrobean (Afrobean16)
14. nickadeemus (crevelkid)
15. Tps222 (Tps7910)
16. lightdarkness (lightdarkness42)

PMs are going out in a moment, and the night will begin.

I believe Necamus and Psycho are our shadows. Shadows are hidden to prevent abuse. Anybody found to be badgering a shadow will be removed from the game and replaced.

PS - If anybody needs me on AIM, try hadoukenfury if I'm not signed in to my other one. It doesn't seem to like connecting right now.

nforcer06164 04-18-2006 11:15 AM

Re: Twg 30 - Objection!

April 18, 1:27 AM
Wright & Co. Law Offices

It is a calm night. The sky is clear, with stars twinkling overhead. The moon is full and glowing unusually bright. Inside Wright & Co. Law Offices, a window is open, with a soft breeze flowing through. Wait, that isn’t right… the office should be closed. Why is a window open?

Oh, that answers it… Phoenix Wright, a superb defense attorney with a perfect record, is still in his office. But he’s not working. He’s fast asleep with his head on his desk, with papers scattered about the desk and the floor.

It’s reasonable that he’s this tired. He had a case earlier today that started at 2 PM sharp, in Courtroom No. 2 in the District Court. It was the third day of the case, the last day that deliberations could be carried out before issuing a verdict. Unfortunately, the judge had seen no conclusive evidence or testimony yet to issue a verdict, and uncooperative witnesses forced five ten-minute recesses to keep things calm. The case eventually did end with a “not guilty” verdict… seven hours later. To celebrate his success, he and Maya Fey, a spirit medium and assistant, along with his defendant, went to eat dinner. Phoenix arrived back at his office alone around 11 PM to finish some paperwork concerning the case, but promptly fell asleep shortly after beginning. Still, it was a peaceful night, and nothing had disturbed Phoenix…

*SLAM*

“Nick, where are you? NICK? NICK!”

“ZZZZzzzz… wh..what? Huh?

Maya had burst through the front door with tears streaming down her face. She seemed out of breath and ready to collapse.

“Oh Nick, it’s terrible! Detective Gumshoe… he… *SOB* I… he called my cell phone, and…

“Calm down, Maya! Tell me what’s wrong!”

Maya was in a fit of tears so strong that she could barely choke the words out. Phoenix had seen her upset several times before, but not like this.

“I… I can’t… it’s… Nick, it just horrible… I…”

“Maya, please, get a hold of yourself! I can’t help if you can’t tell me what happened!

“It’s… it’s… him… he was…”

“Who, Maya? Tell me who!”

“It’s…”

It is now Night 1. And no, that’s not what Maya is trying to say.

All PMs have been sent.

Edgeworth, procure your first witness.
Murderers, choose the unlucky soul that will no longer have life.
Phoenix, decide who you will defend.
Maya, search for the true identity of one person.

You have until 12 PM CDT tomorrow (Wednesday) to send in PMs. Keep an eye on the clock, because once time expires, you can no longer send me choices.

Tasselfoot 04-18-2006 06:51 PM

Re: TWG 30 - Objection!

Time clarification, for those who don't know time zones (which still surprises me who doesn't):

CDT = EDT - 1 hour. So noon CDT is 1pm EDT. Got it?

nforcer06164 04-19-2006 11:14 AM

TWG 30 - Objection!

"Tasselfoot! He's been murdered!"

"WHAT?!"

The pair had just come to know Tasselfoot. He had been on the stand as a witness in a previous trial. If you'll recall, all of the witnesses were rather uncooperative, and this caused Phoenix to remember them quite clearly. He remembered that Tasselfoot was rather uncooperative because of his arrogance, thinking that it was an unnecessary waste of his time. However, it was his testimony that cracked the case wide open, allowing Phoenix to snatch victory for the defendant.

"No, there's no way..... How could this happen.... Is somebody holding a grudge?"

" *SNIFF* ...well, Dectective Gumshoe didn't seem to think so. He told me we should both come to the Police Department right away. That's when I sprinted back here."

"Well, let's get over there right away!"

April 18, 1:43 AM
Police Department - Criminal Affairs

Phoenix and Maya burst through the doors at the police department, and were promptly greeted by a familiar voice.

"Hey pal! Great case! Why, I don't know if you ever had..."

"Detective Gumshoe! What..."

"...a case so great! I mean, this'll do wonders for your reputation! I've been..."

"Gumshoe, I ran all the way down here to..."

"...rooting for you from the start. Why, I remember..."

"GUMSHOE!!"

Phoenix's yell seemed to have the effect of a loud explosion. The department suddenly fell silent. Gumshoe had a look on his face as though he'd been on the receiving end of a swift punch in the stomach. When he recovered from the shock, he promptly brought himself back together and appeared much more businesslike.

"Sorry, pal. I don't know what came over me. Now, what can I do for you?"

"Gumshoe, you called us! (I always knew he wasn't too bright...)"

"Oh, right, about Tasselfoot. He was a witness in your last case, correct? Well, the department believes that this is a totally unrelated incident. Tasselfoot was stabbed five times in the back, and then twice in the throat. We haven't seen such a gruesome killing in a while. He was found in an odd place, too. He was just lying there on his back, dead, on the sidewalk, next to a busy street. There were no alleyways nearby. He was either murdered on the spot, or dumped there. We did recieve a report of his body being found at about 12 AM, but we haven't heard anything about a witness to the actual murder. There's no suspects, either. Tasselfoot didn't seem to have any enemies that we know of."

"I see. That dispatches my theory. Anything else we should know?"

"Nope. That's all I have for now, pal. I'll let you know if any leads pop up."

"Thanks a lot Gumshoe. We'll be seeing you."

Phoenix and Maya left the police station and started to walk down the street. Phoenix had his hands behind his head, looking up towards the night sky, with Maya close beside him, doing the same.

"So, Nick, what are we going to do now?"

"What we always do, Maya. We're going to investigate."

"But why, Nick? You don't have a defendant. And there aren't any suspects yet, either!"

"It doesn't matter, Maya. Something tells me we're going to be involved in this incident...."

For those of you losers that didn't read my story, Tasselfoot has been stabbed in the back five times, and in the throat twice. That means he's dead.

Also, on a side note, any appearance of characters in the story (specifically Phoenix, Maya, and Edgeworth) does not necessarily mean they are alive. I'm sorry I didn't mention this sooner.

It is now Day 1. You have until 9 PM CDT on Thursday to decide who to lynch. That's THURSDAY, kiddies. April 20th. Don't get phantoms. They're bad for you. Like cigarettes. And getting stabbed in the back five times, and in the throat twice.

Tasselfoot 04-19-2006 11:54 AM

Aww... avenge me!

Wilkin 04-19-2006 01:06 PM

A fitting death for Tass, not being able to talk anymore, what with the abundance of holes in the throat...

Anywho, we got a couple of different scenarios in place here:

1) Tass was a green. Whoopdy-doo. That leaves us with 3 wolves, at least 1 person on the prosecution, and 11 humans including any blues. This is the most likely one, obviously.

2) Tass was a called witness. No evidence for this one, but I did think about it: Before roles were sent out, I was thinking how I would play the Prosecutor role were I to have it. One of my ideas would be to call Tass, seeing as how he brought up the point of not being wolfed Night 1 very often, as well as being able to stay alive for a while in general. This most likely raised his chances to be called as a witness early on, as he otherwise probably would have survived long enough for the Prosecution to win pretty easily. Though very unlikely, I wouldn't throw this scenario out before some more discussion is done.

Basically, the wolves might've killed Tass to hinder the Prosecution, were he called as a witness Night 1 or in the future.

3) Tass was the seer and hit the 7% chance of seeing the Prosecutor. Very unlikely, but still possible. My major doubt is that unless Tass seer'd the Prosecutor the same night the wolves either attacked Tass or the Prosecutor, two deaths would've occurred (unless I missed something when nForcer described how it would work). That said, this scenario is so unlikely that discussion this early about it will probably prove useless.

What with the discussion of Tass being successfully wolfed Night 1 once before coming up earlier, I was also thinking of this kill mocking Tass for that fact (revenge kill, even?). The first person who came to my mind was Blah (due to 29's postgame fiasco), though I'd assume he'd be smarter than to be so obvious. Of course, he managed to win last game because of the same assumptions.

Unless anyone else has some more evidence, then these are probably our best leads for today.

talisman 04-19-2006 01:33 PM

hahaha have a convo to post when I'm done with class (in an hour and fifteen or so). This better have just been a coincidence.

FishFishRevolution 04-19-2006 01:55 PM

Hahaha, I think I can help you out there talis.

10:53:26 PM insanelikeafish: this will be a good game
10:53:50 PM insanelikeafish: ps i had a feeling when i read the game that i would end up being the prosecutor
10:54:07 PM stressreliefball: good luck with that
10:54:13 PM insanelikeafish: it seems like a fun role
10:54:18 PM stressreliefball: pick tass if you get it
10:54:22 PM insanelikeafish: haha
10:54:24 PM insanelikeafish: alright
10:54:27 PM stressreliefball: no seriously
10:54:40 PM stressreliefball: I'm telling you right now
10:54:42 PM stressreliefball: if I get wolf
10:54:46 PM stressreliefball: I'm wolfing tass night one
10:55:02 PM insanelikeafish: wait though
10:55:14 PM insanelikeafish: if i pick tass, won't he be killed
10:55:16 PM insanelikeafish: if you're a wolf
10:55:25 PM insanelikeafish: that wouldn't be any good
10:55:26 PM stressreliefball: yeah
10:55:33 PM stressreliefball: but I won't be a wolf, so don't worry about it
10:55:53 PM stressreliefball: and if I get guardian, I'm going to guard all the ****ty players
10:55:55 PM insanelikeafish: if you are a wolf
10:56:00 PM stressreliefball: just for kicks
10:56:03 PM insanelikeafish: you'll go "oh ****"
10:56:08 PM insanelikeafish: because you will want to wolf tass
10:56:14 PM insanelikeafish: but you know i'll just pull out this convo and get you lynched
10:56:15 PM stressreliefball: and then kill tass anyway
10:56:21 PM insanelikeafish: what!!!
10:56:33 PM stressreliefball: I'll be like "REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY??? DUNNO LOL"
10:56:35 PM insanelikeafish: that's quite teh statement
10:56:36 PM insanelikeafish: hahahahaha
10:56:47 PM insanelikeafish: well now no matter what happens
10:56:52 PM stressreliefball: or if you get wolf
10:56:54 PM insanelikeafish: i'm just going to assume you're a wolf and get you lynched
10:56:55 PM stressreliefball: you could be like
10:56:59 PM insanelikeafish: mr backstabb
10:57:05 PM stressreliefball: "let's lynch tass rolf I'll get talis lynched"
10:57:15 PM insanelikeafish: wolf tass*
10:57:21 PM stressreliefball: whatevs
10:57:24 PM insanelikeafish: yeah, i can see myself doing that
10:57:36 PM insanelikeafish: frame jobs are pretty cool~

So either you really did go through with the Tass kill like you said you would, or it's just a complete coincidence. I'm not really partial to either idea right now, I'll have to talk to you on AIM first.

Wilkin 04-19-2006 02:01 PM

That convo pretty much raises my second theory to a more plausible position. If the three of us thought about it, chances are at least one of the wolves did too. Assuming that neither Fish nor Talis are a wolf playing the reverse psychology game by posting that convo, then we're gonna have to find another clever mind that would come across the same conclusion.

Tps222 04-19-2006 02:03 PM

Hmm. I thought this game would be played on the 1st level. Prosecution gets least likely to die players, wolves attack them. I wonder if both sides are going reverse, or if one is. Can someone explain the chances of prosecution team winning before the wolf team? I'd like to see how that would affect their course of action.

mattc16 04-19-2006 02:17 PM

Prosecution team wins if the Prosecutor calls two witnesses and keeps them alive for two days.

Wolves win if they outnumber both humans and prosecution team at night.

So, if tass was a plain green, assume the prosecutor has recruited one witness, and there is now 8 humans, 3 wolves, seer guardian witness 1 prosecutor.

Prosecutor needs 3 more game days to win, wolves need at least 5 or 6 from quick calculations, i think that's right.

Tps222 04-19-2006 02:18 PM

I'm going to throw a vote on LD. The chance of him being called to the prosecution team is too great to ignore in my opinion. He lives a while, doesn't get wolfed, and is intelligent. He can fall under the radar insanely easily. With the chance of him being on the prosecution or wolf side, it seems like a good vote for now.

talisman 04-19-2006 03:09 PM

whoa that's a little early. Although I understand it... I was planning on making my vote today anti-prosecution as well. (I say so later in that fish convo, will post if wanted.)

In response to the earlier post about what level they're playing on... normally tass in a normal game is a first level kill, in this game a second level... dunno. Impossible to read into what the prosecution did either way.

blahblah18 04-19-2006 03:24 PM

ok i'll come out and say that if I was a wolf I tooootally would have rallied to kill Tass. But I'm not, so its a coincidence :) Talk to me on AIM people, I want lots of conversing going on here

Afrobean 04-19-2006 03:26 PM

Wait.

Why would we want to lynch the witnesses? Wolves want them dead too, right? Why not try and get the wolves to kill the witnesses, while we take care of the wolves and maybe the prosecutor during the day?

talisman 04-19-2006 03:41 PM

"Hey wolves, kill the witnesses for us pretty please, ok?"

My thinking was that we always **** up on day one, this is a historical fact... why not instead go for a likely witness, someone who tends to live for a long time, etc. I'm not saying everyone do it... it was just a thing I was planning on doing myself.

User6773 04-19-2006 03:51 PM

Hi, everyone.

I've been away for a long time, so I don't really want to make any judgments based on what everyone's saying. Being gone for about 7 or 8 games is a pretty long break, and I'm sure people have changed in ways I couldn't anticipate. And besides, there are a bunch of new faces here. Wilkin, for one. And I don't think I've played with Iggy, either.

But I will talk strategy. We need to be going after wolves and the prosecutor, not the witnesses. We could probably figure out who's likely to be a witness, yes - but killing a witness brings the wolves closer to a victory. Yeah, it might delay the prosecution team from winning, but it doesn't bring the human team any closer to victory. Killing the prosecutor, on the other hand, changes all the witnesses back into regular greens. This helps us immensely.

Hmm. Let me toss out an idea - why don't the witnesses come out? The wolves don't want to kill the witnesses because more humans dead makes it easier for the wolves to win. At the same time, the witnesses might stand a better chance aligning with the humans to take out the wolves. (This does, of course, involve the death of the prosecutor.) If there's a flaw in this plan, tell me - I just thought of it a minute ago.

mattc16 04-19-2006 03:53 PM

Yeah, I see your point on that talisman, which is why i thought TPS' vote on LD was a good idea.

We have to lynch both the prosecutor and all the wolves to win right? Just checking cause I can't remember reading that in the thread.

talisman 04-19-2006 04:01 PM

The flaw chardish is that the witnesses don't know who the prosecutor is. Unless the prosecutor is dumb and tells them.

So they really have nothing to offer to the humans.

nickadeemus 04-19-2006 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chardish
The wolves don't want to kill the witnesses because more humans dead makes it easier for the wolves to win.

Also, this makes no sense. Why wouldn't the wolves want to make it easier to win?

The witnesses coming out would be stupid for the prosecuting team, because they could never win until they turned back into normal humans. Whenever the humans/wolves think the prosecutors are getting close to a win, it would be necessary to off one of them. So the only time it would be beneficial for them to come out would be if the prosecutor is dead, but it's likely they won't know if that has happened. If that's the case, then it would just be a normal human claiming to be an ex-witness with no one to confirm it.