Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Bugs that don't deserve their own thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=120849)

benny58624 12-29-2019 03:32 PM

Re: Bugs that don't deserve their own thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velocity (Post 4701850)
Odd, I though I had made it available to play, along with TWWW but it seems the changes didn't save.

It should actually be playable now.

The difficulty should be changed too then, it's 0 atm. Think it's at 0 because it used to be impossible to play without the background and moving receptors, which added some unique kind of difficulty. Both things can be disabled now while still having your scores saved.

Dinglesberry 12-29-2019 06:31 PM

can u fix http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/live/ again idk why it keeps breaking

Dinglesberry 12-29-2019 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benny58624 (Post 4706289)
When using the "Reverse" mod, only the song is played in reverse. The arrows still go as if the song was played normally.
Doubt this is intended because:
1) it's dumb not having notes synced to the reversed song
2) it disables scoring even though only the sound was changed

Playing in FFR R³ Air Edition.

he right it just reverses the audio atm not the chart

Luden 02-7-2020 01:45 PM

I FC'd "the games we played" pt 1-5 and the full song didn't unlock. I don't understand why, and would like to add: if there is a requirement to FC them IN ORDER, then it should probably be clarified. I'm not gonna replay the songs again today, so not seeing the full edition unlock made me sigh. :-/

Jayden1234 02-7-2020 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luden (Post 4713011)
I FC'd "the games we played" pt 1-5 and the full song didn't unlock. I don't understand why, and would like to add: if there is a requirement to FC them IN ORDER, then it should probably be clarified. I'm not gonna replay the songs again today, so not seeing the full edition unlock made me sigh. :-/

Pretty sure you have to check levelrank.php for Achievement/Event tokens. I checked yours for you and you should have the token now.

lolzkai1 02-12-2020 10:52 AM

I FC'd "Pita" at least 10 times now but it's not showing up as a FC can someone help me? Thank you!

ositzxz369 02-12-2020 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lolzkai1 (Post 4713571)
I FC'd "Pita" at least 10 times now but it's not showing up as a FC can someone help me? Thank you!

your best score will be the one that's shown (so all the other FC's might not be as good as ur best).

Vulminous 02-20-2020 12:19 PM

So I cant play FFR on my school chromebook.
It isn't blocked
It just doesn't wanna work correctly.
If I could post the screenshot, it would show that I got 2-3-1-121-8
If I play any song, it goes really fast for a bit, even though I have the rate on 1.
I have tried anything to fix it, and I can't run the swf file, please help.
Also i would try to post the replay but i havent made 5 forum posts

Bolth mannn 03-3-2020 08:22 PM

'PWND!' and ''Crowdpleaser'' still show song difficulty as 0

bmah 03-3-2020 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4716752)
'PWND!' and ''Crowdpleaser'' still show song difficulty as 0

Long time no see. This is not a bug, that's what the difficulties for those songs were later designated to. Because of those songs' incredible difficulty spikes (relative to the easiness of the remainder of those charts), it's near impossible to assign a meaningful difficulty to them, which is why those songs have a difficulty of 0.

Bolth mannn 03-3-2020 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 4716753)
Long time no see. This is not a bug, that's what the difficulties for those songs were later designated to. Because of those songs' incredible difficulty spikes (relative to the easiness of the remainder of those charts), it's near impossible to assign a meaningful difficulty to them, which is why those songs have a difficulty of 0.

<3 ... I kinda get it, but like, hows that any different to a harder 40 second song having a lower difficulty due to song length? I think every song should have at least an estimated song difficulty, and it really bothers me when I try to clean up songs based on their levels and that I have 0 difficulty songs stuck at the top there. I know its not a big complaint but I feel like an estimated or average song difficulty makes more sense than a 0 difficulty

Not devonin 03-3-2020 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4716761)
<3 ... I kinda get it, but like, hows that any different to a harder 40 second song having a lower difficulty due to song length? I think every song should have at least an estimated song difficulty, and it really bothers me when I try to clean up songs based on their levels and that I have 0 difficulty songs stuck at the top there. I know its not a big complaint but I feel like an estimated or average song difficulty makes more sense than a 0 difficulty

Since a player's level is based on their AAA equiv on their best 15 songs, you run into some statistical issues with songs like that.

Base the difficulty on the bulk of the song which is really low, and nobody will be able to get useful equiv on it because of how the spike will tank their score relative to the low difficulty.

Base the difficulty on the difficulty of the spike, and it ends up giving away a ton of unbalancing equiv to people who can get even a somewhat reasonable score on the rest of the song.

Jayden1234 03-3-2020 11:34 PM

Quote:

<3 ... I kinda get it, but like, hows that any different to a harder 40 second song having a lower difficulty due to song length?

If the 40-second song maintains a consistent difficulty level throughout the chart, then it makes more sense than Crowdpleaser being relatively straightforward except for two short bursts that are substantially more difficult than what surrounds it. Crowdpleaser is very easy, save for about five total seconds wherein it is extremely difficult. Yoshi's Cookie is pretty consistent with its note density and patterns, so rating that at 26 seconds doesn't seem as far-fetched.
Quote:

I know its not a big complaint but I feel like an estimated or average song difficulty makes more sense than a 0 difficulty

It absolutely does not make more sense. If you averaged PWND!'s chart down to, say, a 65, a player who is level 64 will get the surprise of their life when they breeze through the entire chart only to get kicked in the shins by illegible charting that matches nothing and is much more difficult to score on than the rest of the chart.
Also, applying this kind of logic to something like The Wises Were Wrong would have pretty funny results.

The 0s are token songs that have no AAA equivalency. Playing them doesn't statistically affect you at all, save for increasing your grand total. You can completely ignore them and nothing will have changed.

TheSaxRunner05 03-4-2020 12:02 AM

Maybe it would make better sense for the Difficulty to be listed as "U" for unranked and not count towards anyone's level? Songs like that are typically very hard to place anyways, you'd kind of bypass the ranking issue if that was possible.

Bolth mannn 03-4-2020 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSaxRunner05 (Post 4716766)
Maybe it would make better sense for the Difficulty to be listed as "U" for unranked and not count towards anyone's level? Songs like that are typically very hard to place anyways, you'd kind of bypass the ranking issue if that was possible.

I’d prefer something like this

Ninty64 03-15-2020 12:21 PM

Enties!

URL 03-18-2020 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not devonin (Post 4716763)
Since a player's level is based on their AAA equiv on their best 15 songs, you run into some statistical issues with songs like that.

Base the difficulty on the bulk of the song which is really low, and nobody will be able to get useful equiv on it because of how the spike will tank their score relative to the low difficulty.

Base the difficulty on the difficulty of the spike, and it ends up giving away a ton of unbalancing equiv to people who can get even a somewhat reasonable score on the rest of the song.

A nice middle ground might be to give a rating based on the difficulty of the spike, but put an asterisk next to it, to show that it's unranked.

TWG Fauna 03-18-2020 06:17 PM

For some reason, the full edition of the games we played doesn’t play sound for me

Bolth mannn 03-26-2020 05:48 PM

No audio in the full edition of the games we played for me either

Jayden1234 03-26-2020 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Fauna (Post 4720937)
For some reason, the full edition of the games we played doesn’t play sound for me

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4722732)
No audio in the full edition of the games we played for me either

If you go to settings, try selecting "force new judge mode" near the framerate setting. If that doesn't work, increase your framerate to 31 at a minimum. This bug isn't specific to The Games We Played (Full Edition) and applies to every song longer than 10 minutes, I think. If you play TGWP Full, Starbound, or Ants of the Sky with a framerate ⩽30, it will be muted for some reason.
EDIT: This is assuming you're playing on the standalone. I don't know if the framerate fix applies to the browser version, which you should not be playing anyway.