Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Films and Television (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   MADtv canceled (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=103212)

moches 11-21-2008 04:21 AM

MADtv canceled

Anyone hear about this? This saddens me greatly.

Afrobean 11-21-2008 05:55 AM

Re: MADtv canceled

thank god

FINALLY

That show is a piece of garbage. I hate Comedy Central for giving up SNL for that crap.

funmonkey54 11-21-2008 06:14 AM

hm.
I hadn't heard this yet.
I don't really care though because it wasn't funny anymore.

operationstrawbarry 11-21-2008 06:15 AM

ya... mad TV really does suck... pretty much all of it wasn't even funny to me. I felt stupid for even changing channels and accidently seeing the show on TV.

Seriously, its just a bad show to me. Corny stupid and really bad.

-Barista- 11-21-2008 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afrobean (Post 2883192)
thank god

FINALLY

That show is a piece of garbage. I hate Comedy Central for giving up SNL for that crap.

It used to be funny maybe back when I was in middle school, but, then it got unfunny and stayed that way for a very long time.

Kinda wished this had happened earlier.

Professor Raine 11-21-2008 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Barista- (Post 2883196)
It used to be funny maybe back when I was in middle school, but, then it got unfunny and stayed that way for a very long time.

Same here. Maybe they should just air the old episodes rather than cancel the show altogether, but executives are executives...

UnkownMan 11-21-2008 06:32 AM

Quote:

thank god

FINALLY

Yeah, I never liked it from the first time it came on. Now, it's just mainstream, celebritical, political, blah. Basically the same ****, the same punch line, over and over again, but reworked into different sketches.

Thank God it's gone. Now, let me watch some SNL or Dave Chappelle!

Afrobean 11-21-2008 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Barista- (Post 2883196)

No, it's always been quite unfunny. You probably just developed a reasonable sense of humor, and so the same crap that made you laugh before no longer would.

phe0nixblade 11-21-2008 07:45 AM

woo

kainivy 11-21-2008 07:49 AM

I never really gotten why was Madtv funny for?

NFD 11-21-2008 08:05 AM

I liked it a lot. The only things on SNL that I enjoyed were the Digital Shorts. Most of the show was just commercials. It would do a sketch, then cut to a commercial. MADtv was just funny to me, I don't know why.

dore 11-21-2008 08:38 AM

Mad TV had gone downhill recently, but some of the seasons (especially the ones with Frank Caliendo) were filled with some hilarious stuff. It's sad to see it go because it's just another sketch comedy show failing. Let's be honest, if SNL wasn't called SNL it wouldn't still be around.

Afrobean 11-21-2008 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dore (Post 2883228)
Mad TV had gone downhill recently, but some of the seasons (especially the ones with Frank Caliendo) were filled with some hilarious stuff. It's sad to see it go because it's just another sketch comedy show failing. Let's be honest, if SNL wasn't called SNL it wouldn't still be around.

I'm sure it wouldn't be tough for them to degenerate it into something like Weekend Update + Shorts. That would be successful on its own, I'd say.

Nyokou 11-21-2008 09:12 AM

I liked MadTV. The stupidity of it all made me laugh, mostly because it's funny to see people embarrass themselves on television.

Starshot 11-21-2008 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
However, David Salzman said that he would be exploring the continuation of the show on another channel, possibly cable.

It may not be over yet.

dore 11-21-2008 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afrobean (Post 2883236)
I'm sure it wouldn't be tough for them to degenerate it into something like Weekend Update + Shorts. That would be successful on its own, I'd say.

That's true... I'm sure if they condensed it down, kept a few skits but stuck with only the best (not all this time-filler crap they do now), took out the ridiculous amounts of commercials, and made it an hour-long show they would get better ratings.

AOD_ELEMENT 11-21-2008 11:03 AM

just like the stockmarket, it went downhill!!!!!

AC1speakerbox 11-21-2008 11:06 AM

Quote:

thank god

FINALLY

My thoughts exactly.

Sh4d0wD3v1L 11-21-2008 01:58 PM

I'm not really going to miss it. Frank Caliendo started out saving the show, but then when everyone found out he was WAYYY too good for that show, and he got his own thing, it started to suck again. When there was nothing better to watch, MADtv would do just good enough for background noise.

Kekeb 11-21-2008 03:42 PM

Quote:

thank god

FINALLY

I agree, I'm actually relieved.