Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Batch Forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=116884)

jimerax 11-26-2011 11:29 PM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (Submission Closed)

Queue'd Rotary Slicers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by leonid (Post 3575803)
lol why does ZS not have [FGO] tag I thought it was mid fgo (v3 I mean)

kk.

MarioNintendo 11-27-2011 10:08 PM

Sent a fix for Animus Intorqueo No. 3. There is no attachment to the email, but open it and you'll find a mediafire link. For some reason, hotmail wouldn't let me upload a zip file for the first time in my life.

jimerax 12-1-2011 08:17 AM

ok fixed it, and queue'd car sax and demon fire.

awein999 12-6-2011 07:02 PM

Seriously though I think there should be more long songs in game. Being able to stamina and pay attention for a long time is a skill, not an annoyance. And I also think this should be a test for the official tournament as well. Every song has been very short so far.

Not putting in long songs is taking away from the range of different skill sets that are to be tested via the game.

iironiic 12-6-2011 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awein999 (Post 3584970)
Seriously though I think there should be more long songs in game. Being able to stamina and pay attention for a long time is a skill, not an annoyance. And I also think this should be a test for the official tournament as well. Every song has been very short so far.

Not putting in long songs is taking away from the range of different skill sets that are to be tested via the game.

Chris and I are potentially working on an 8 minute piano file ;) We haven't been working on it lately though haha

jimerax 12-6-2011 09:20 PM

In general 5 minutes songs are good for listening, but it's somewhat painful for most people to keep concentration on one game for more than 5 minutes.

It works when the song is awesome and non-repetitive though.

PrawnSkunk 12-6-2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awein999 (Post 3584970)
Seriously though I think there should be more long songs in game.

, home of 5+ minute indie rock songs you have to AAA on 4 different difficulties~

Also, if I submitted a song a couple of batches ago, and have improved it tremendously, should I entitle it [Resubmission] for the next batch?

bmah 12-6-2011 09:36 PM

If you submitted a file several batches ago, you must send it as a regular submission. Resubmissions only count for files you sent for the batch prior to the current one you plan to send to.

psychoangel691 12-6-2011 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPopadopalis25 (Post 3584975)
The problem with 5+ minute long songs is that it's hard to find ones that have enough variation to keep the resulting files interesting...at least, that's my stance.

^^

leonid 12-7-2011 01:31 AM

If variations is all that matters, Imma send kirby medley (o: (24 minutes, uncut)

qqwref 12-7-2011 01:38 AM

Too bad everyone has trouble converting 9+ minute songs :p

TC_Halogen 12-7-2011 01:42 AM

Edit the song to have an intermission between 8:50 and 8:56, that way you won't see the pause that happens when you have to pass the 16k frame mark :lol:

justin_ator 12-7-2011 01:51 AM

music~~

(silence)
voice - Please wait while we transition through the frame limit
(silence)

music~~

hi19hi19 12-7-2011 01:57 AM

Maybe I'll make another Excite Bike 8 second file just to balance out all you haters who make ironman marathon files ffs

awein999 12-7-2011 08:40 AM

Well I'm glad I at least got some conversation flowing. I have never made a step chart so it's not exactly my place to demand "hey guys make more x type of songs!" so I'm only suggesting. I do have a lot of experience as a long time player and I think it's important for me to share what I believe needs to be slightly different in the last year or so in the form of the releases of songs. And maybe my first stepped song can be 8 minutes :D It would be sick if it was good enough to be accepted.

If we found a way around that 9 minute barrier, we definitely need a couple half hour+ charts. I know there would be a few sickos out there that would enjoy this type of stuff. So that's exactly what we could use: A few of these extreme charts.

All the songs could be put together in each genre organized from easiest to hardest difficulty (Or random order?) all as one massive song and score! And then a massive song that incorporates all public FFR songs from "X" release. (Maybe the first 1,000 public songs?) These could be Skill Token songs if too many people would complain about them being in the levelranks.

foilman8805 12-14-2011 12:49 AM

Are we doing any major queue emptying for Christmas/New Years?

TC_Halogen 12-14-2011 12:52 AM

I think the queue is being left alone with the exception of six special event files (that, to my knowledge, weren't part of the current accept/rejected group). Anything else that's being released is specifically for the tournament. Essentially, we're seeing six songs a week instead of the typical three/four songs every three to four days.

I would imagine that the batch would reopen again after the tournament has concluded, with files being released at their normal pace again.

jimerax 12-14-2011 06:08 AM

yeah we will have some events/special releases, occasionally.