Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=150906)

star-crossed 05-2-2019 11:20 AM

Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4672715)
What would you do ?

It is a bit strange giving advice to people who have played more than me. I mean, I think trying to avoid shitty lynches is a good thing to bring with you from last time. Just try not to artificially dull your analysis by not trusting yourself based on one game. Be open and assess the most likely scenarios to the best of your ability.

star-crossed 05-2-2019 11:21 AM

MML

Daikyi 05-2-2019 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4672740)
I am surprised you stated the first sentence that way, when it sounds like you actually know Haku. Is posting for attention, as you say, sus to you? Also, if we are being literal, I think the introspection/reset message you were talking about was prompted by a question.

i know hakus old play, but not having really invested into reading games recently, and trying to generally not insta lock reads in with agressive assumptions, like i said, i wanted to just out my thoughts out there. could you link the wuestion that started haku down the train of last game? im curious as to whether it really justifies the lengrh and extent of the small tirade.

also, the comparison to the teen stuff is more a parallel to people i deal with on discord on a daily basis.

i dont think the attention grabbiness of the posts are sus, rather the thinly veiled "i want to play better im trying to factor in last game to this game" that im not sure is actually true, given that logically (as has been stated) last game doesnt tie in so deeply to this game. So idk if he actually believes the stuff hes saying basically. if his play hasnt really changed much from the past, then sure i think he tends to think very high of his own play and would probably believe what hes saying.

star-crossed 05-2-2019 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daikyi (Post 4672745)
i know hakus old play, but not having really invested into reading games recently, and trying to generally not insta lock reads in with agressive assumptions, like i said, i wanted to just out my thoughts out there. could you link the wuestion that started haku down the train of last game? im curious as to whether it really justifies the lengrh and extent of the small tirade.

also, the comparison to the teen stuff is more a parallel to people i deal with on discord on a daily basis.

i dont think the attention grabbiness of the posts are sus, rather the thinly veiled "i want to play better im trying to factor in last game to this game" that im not sure is actually true, given that logically (as has been stated) last game doesnt tie in so deeply to this game. So idk if he actually believes the stuff hes saying basically. if his play hasnt really changed much from the past, then sure i think he tends to think very high of his own play and would probably believe what hes saying.

Ok, thank you.

I guess it was not a question, exactly, but I took it as a response to my message here.
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...2&postcount=84

The perspective that the comparisons are artificial is something I am considering myself, though honestly I believe Haku more than I do not. I like your analysis in relation to Haku's past.

star-crossed 05-2-2019 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4672701)
I mean, this is not OOTC, so the circumstances will be different in that way at least. With that in mind, I am not sure what situation you are exactly meaning.

Oops, it was this one.

inDheart 05-2-2019 11:39 AM

oh that big post is about haku. i read the "young teen" bit and then scanned the rest as if it was about ffa

well, that read's in character for you to have. don't think it actually means much for haku's alignment this soon, but haku's given me little else ai to judge besides personal behavioral things, and i wish i had a read that was more than that

inDheart 05-2-2019 11:41 AM

that and the concept of haku thinking very high of his own play, when he's usually also very high on self dep, is amusing to me

Daikyi 05-2-2019 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4672747)
Oops, it was this one.

quickly looking back, consider that haku even was talking about previous game mistakes before you said that, so i think it is more of a standalone thing that haku started on his own

i also agree with ind that theres not mich else regarding haku, and dont think hes worth spending time on atm

other than mml not really elaborating his logic and leaving some confusing accusatory things about me, most stuff that ive seen from like, ind, star, mellon feels like natural reads development and conversations so i dont really have much to comment on further tbh

will prolly check in after work if theres more stuff, and intermittently as i have throughout work lol

Daikyi 05-2-2019 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4672749)
that and the concept of haku thinking very high of his own play, when he's usually also very high on self dep, is amusing to me

maybe not high of his play, but you have to have some grandeur in mind given that his conversations are generally in an attempt to center on himself lol

flashflash account 05-2-2019 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4672748)
oh that big post is about haku. i read the "young teen" bit and then scanned the rest as if it was about ffa

well, that read's in character for you to have. don't think it actually means much for haku's alignment this soon, but haku's given me little else ai to judge besides personal behavioral things, and i wish i had a read that was more than that

Oh

inDheart 05-2-2019 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4672752)
Oh

in my own egocentrism i thought he was trying to give "feedback" to haku in terms of talking about the game some, and that he was referring to my post back to star about the previous page where i mention that my convo with you didn't get much attention (and this was reinforced by him answering other parts of my post in the same post), and so that was him giving that point some attention

so i really just need to read more words

inDheart 05-2-2019 12:39 PM

hey antori what's the "departure" thing mean

the sun fan 05-2-2019 12:40 PM

Haku (1)- Xel
MML (1)- star
star (1)- Shado

inDheart 05-2-2019 12:48 PM

i still have a vote on shado

roundbox 05-2-2019 01:22 PM

I like rocks and shit like that

roundbox 05-2-2019 01:24 PM

Reading the poetry stuff reminds me of that gag I pulled one time where I wouldn't write any new posts but instead copied posts verbatim from old TWG games of mine

roundbox 05-2-2019 01:31 PM

I guess I should make relevant posts at some point

Fine I'll do it later jeez

Gradiant 05-2-2019 01:32 PM

Quote:

It's weird though since every time his play is poorer in a game, he says that stuff in the next game. But it's mixed with jokes (already happening in this game as well), so how is anybody supposed to take any of that seriously?

ShadoWolfe 05-2-2019 02:05 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradiant (Post 4672762)
It's weird though since every time his play is poorer in a game, he says that stuff in the next game. But it's mixed with jokes (already happening in this game as well), so how is anybody supposed to take any of that seriously?

Stop.

Neither of you have played with Haku recently.

It wasn't surprising to see a certain level of Haku fixation from Daikyi given the fallout after that one FE game, but I didn't expect this from you too.
Making scornful comments isn't productive. Reread your comment if you disagree.

It's easy to focus on Haku's bad points and see little else. It's easy to make genuine sounding posts scorning Haku when you have genuine scorn towards his play, but neither are productive or even helpful to your own slots.

If the only thing you can direct towards that slot is derisive commentary, consider ignoring the slot for a portion of the remainder of day. Focus on anything else, because it gets hard to read your slots through it.

Gradiant 05-2-2019 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4672763)
Stop.

Neither of you have played with Haku recently.

It wasn't surprising to see a certain level of Haku fixation from Daikyi given the fallout after that one FE game, but I didn't expect this from you too.
Making scornful comments isn't productive. Reread your comment if you disagree.

It's easy to focus on Haku's bad points and see little else. It's easy to make genuine sounding posts scorning Haku when you have genuine scorn towards his play, but neither are productive or even helpful to your own slots.

If the only thing you can direct towards that slot is derisive commentary, consider ignoring the slot for a portion of the remainder of day. Focus on anything else, because it gets hard to read your slots through it.

No reason to act all holier than thou. It was a small input on a discussion that was going on, not like I've been riding on him all game or anything lmao. chill