Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Critical Thinking (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   The Riddle Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=58581)

slipstrike0159 01-23-2007 11:31 PM

The Riddle Thread

This idea was sparked by the comments in the "if i was right" thread.

I thought it would be very stimulating to post riddles to see who can answer them. The person that correctly answers it gets to post the next one.

Ive got one i liked a lot.

While exploring the wilds of Canada, Wild Man Dave was captured by hostile wood fairies. Brad, the powerful chief of the fairies told him he could make one final statement which would determine how he would die. If the statement he made was false, he would be boiled in water. If the statement were true, he would be fried in oil. Wild Man Dave found neither of this options too his liking, so he made a statement that got him out of this seemingly impossible situation. What is the one statement he could have made?

hoochan 01-24-2007 12:07 AM

Re: The Riddle Thread

Your riddle sucks.

That statement was neither false nor true because it was an opinion. I win kthxbye.

Lokfable 01-24-2007 12:07 AM

He can say "You will boil me in water."
If they then boiled him in water, his statement was true and he should have been fried in oil.
If they fried him in oil, his statement was false and he should have been boiled in water.

xjohnieboyx 01-24-2007 05:13 AM

uh the above answer doesn't help Dave. he's dead.

Tisthammerw 01-24-2007 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xjohnieboyx (Post 1119781)
uh the above answer doesn't help Dave. he's dead.

Actually, since the statement would neither be true nor false, he wouldn't necessarily be dead.

slipstrike0159 01-24-2007 02:01 PM

Hes right.
"You will boil me in water." If they boil him in water, that would make his statement true, which means he should have been fried in oil. They can only fry him in oil if he makes a true statement, but if they do, it would make his final statement false. The fairies had no way our of their situation so they were forced to set Wild Man Dave free.
Your turn.

RandomPscho 01-24-2007 03:32 PM

Here is one from when I was little...

What is greater than God, more evil than the Devil, the poor have, the rich need it, and if you eat it you'll die.

This is so easy...

Bahamut-X 01-24-2007 03:54 PM

nothing

dont post dumb stuff like that please

spyke252 01-24-2007 03:54 PM

nothing.

WillTalbot 01-24-2007 04:14 PM

The Score is 3 - 0 bottom of the 9th, bases are loaded, 2 outs and 3 balls, the batter hits a grand slame and all the baserunners run home but not a single man scored, why is this so?

(P.S. there are 3 possible answers)

Iwhaiwnfi 01-24-2007 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillTalbot (Post 1120599)
all the baserunners run home

Home, as in their houses?

That's the only thing I can think of.

MilfeulleSakuraba 01-24-2007 04:39 PM

1) They're kids playing in the street and the home run broke a window so they all scampered back to their houses (i.e. home).
2) None of them have girlfriends to score with.
3) PROFIT!

Also, what's a grand slame?

WillTalbot 01-24-2007 04:46 PM

quote=Iwhaiwnfi;1120640]Home, as in their houses?

That's the only thing I can think of.[/quote]

There's one

Quote:

Originally Posted by MilfeulleSakuraba (Post 1120747)
1) They're kids playing in the street and the home run broke a window so they all scampered back to their houses (i.e. home).

um ... i guess ...

Quote:

no ... but close ... i guess ...

Quote:

3) PROFIT!

huh?

Quote:

Also, what's a grand slame?

When the bases are loaded and the batter hits the baseball out of the park and normally sends all of the base runners home.

RandomPscho 01-24-2007 04:48 PM

They are all women.

EDIT: It is spelled slam not slame!

WillTalbot 01-24-2007 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandomPscho (Post 1120817)
They are all women!

correct 2/3

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandomPscho (Post 1120817)
EDIT: It is spelled slam not slame!

my fault I didn't notice, just a little keyslip no biggy ^_-;

Quote:

I didn't understand what he meant but I think he got it, if he reads this thread again and rewords is better (or if anyone else can) than its solved.

P.S. I just copied song list and points for each from "The New Top Players List" and I was wondering how do you cross-out words in notepad? I now how to in word its just that notepad is alot easier anyone know how to?

example: put this: ---------------------- (straight line)threw a word

tsugomaru 01-24-2007 10:37 PM

I want to post one.

Alright.

A man was found dead in a phonebooth with a fish. The glass in the phonebooth is broken, he is bleeding, and the phone is not off. How did he die?

By the way, if you say he died by bleeding to death, you are incorrect.

~Tsugomaru

acknerr 01-24-2007 10:49 PM

Did he get hit with the fishbowl?

Magniris 01-24-2007 10:56 PM

I bet he was talking on the phone with someone. He'd just caught a big fish, and wanted to tell someone about it. When they asked how big it was, he instinctively stretched his arms out to say something like, "Oh, about 3 feet long". Being in a telephone booth, the sides restricted him, but maybe he was so excited that he threw his arms out forcefully, cutting his arms apart, and killing him.

tsugomaru 01-24-2007 11:45 PM

You got it Magniris. =[

Alright.

A man walks into a resturant and orders a pigeon. He eats the pigeon and leaves the resturant and kills himself. Why did he kill himself?

~Tsugomaru

flamingspinach 01-25-2007 12:03 AM

A long time ago he was stranded on a desert island with his wife and they split up to find food but he lost track of her and more than a week later he found some carrion lying around that he thought was a pigeon and ate it but then years later after escaping without ever finding his wife he discovers that the pigeon he ordered tasted nothing like the pigeon he ate on the desert island and so he must have eaten the remains of his wife so he gets depressed and kills himself.

ps it was originally an albatross, stop making such horribly lame riddles >_>