Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Brag Board (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   This is it, FFR (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=107195)

Bolth mannn 03-14-2009 02:42 AM

This is it, FFR

hey all, i have now completed my average rank goal :)

w00t lol, the song that put me under was splash beats, with a jump from 2500 to 900 (missed like the 5th last note dang lol)

anyway, i am now going to leave FFR for 2 months. to play stepmania. i am currently downloading the midare pack, and will be whoring the pack for 2 months, workin on PA only. when i come back, im hoping to be a LOT better PA-wise.

ill be on the forums and video chat and maybe MP lobby, but i wont be playing this game till i come back. (except when i get the tell v3 token, im purchasing it off somone so ill play that a bit) but thats it. so cya in 2 months :)

Zybanthia 03-14-2009 02:44 AM

Re: This is it, FFR

Interesting, cutting yourself off from FFR. Well, hope you improve a lot.

Congrats on reaching your goal too, of course.

who_cares973 03-14-2009 02:46 AM

get smo :U

congrats on under 1k average. i still havent done that lol

Zageron 03-14-2009 02:47 AM

The songs at the bottom of your list are super easy.

o.o Go play them now.

Bolth mannn 03-14-2009 02:49 AM

lol i seriously dont remember mash-FCing dazzling soul Oo but anyway lol i tried it heap today but i cant FC for some reason. and i suck at the rest but meh.

the reason im cutting myself off of ffr is so i get so used to stepmania's tough scoring, that when i come back here, perfects should be easy.

Flandre Scarlet 03-14-2009 02:53 AM

Sometimes playing SM though can make you read worse on FFR for some people after a few months straight of it, and make PA not improve as much as you'll come back and be like: woah, FFR is so weird @_@. Be careful, but goodluck. xD

Zybanthia 03-14-2009 02:56 AM

Yeah, I've seen a number of people insist that after having played enough SM, they score worse in FFR than in SM (even despite SM's tougher timing windows) because of the framerate, noteskin, timing, and whatever else. Not like SM isn't worth playing, but just make sure your training doesn't backfire on you.

Zageron 03-14-2009 03:10 AM

Yeah just train on FFR at a higher speed.
You'll be forced to react faster. (Play easier songs)

who_cares973 03-14-2009 03:10 AM

my 3 months of nothing but sm have improved my reading ability and speed

thats it so it's good for atleast those two things

Bolth mannn 03-14-2009 03:15 AM

well speed is definately what id like to improve. speed is something i dont have.

EDIT: my midare megapack 4 finished downloading, opened it blah blah blah then it shows this

i have downloaded packs before but recently, all the packs ive been downloading havent worked.....can somone help me

Flandre Scarlet 03-14-2009 03:16 AM

For me, playing SM improves my SM reading ability, and playing FFR hardly improves anything because I need a 1.87x mod between slow 1.75x and fast 2x. :<

My speed/jack/jumpstream skills are better from SM at least lol, but I MA better on SM than I PA on FFR, and I can't vibrate on FFR because of my horrid reading ability.

And if you don't have Winrar you need it for that file, if you do have it , then I dunno =/

who_cares973 03-14-2009 03:16 AM

you dont have anything that can unzip rar files

download winrar and you should be good

also am i the only one whos PA has improved alot but the MA has stayed the same?

Bolth mannn 03-14-2009 03:22 AM

i have winRAR. it hasnt done this before :(

Flandre Scarlet 03-14-2009 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 3016689)
also am i the only one whos PA has improved alot but the MA has stayed the same?

ITT: Weird SM to FFR and vice versa occurrences D:

Playing SM then playing FFR > bad FFR PA =(

Playing FFR then SM > Bad SM PA =/

My MA usually stays consistent if I don't stray too long from not playing SM.

ps: Time to playing late night stepmania where I can't keep my eyes open and focused xD

Edit: Maybe you didn't save the download to the desktop or something ?_? the screenshot shows that its trying to open the .rar when its in the songs folder already O.o

tofurox 03-14-2009 03:52 AM

Good job! Thumbs up to you!

Bolth mannn 03-14-2009 04:13 AM

hmm well i tried saving it to several places but the same thing popped up, its a shame cause i have no good files on stepmania at all atm.

rzr 03-14-2009 05:46 AM

Playing SM will increase your speed, no doubt. It can reach speeds we don't even have here on FFR.

However, I'd like to recommend a few things. First, download the FFR noteskin. It'll keep your familiarized with the look and feel of FFR. Second, when you first start playing keep your speed. Each week go up one speed. When you come back to FFR try bringing it back down to your regular speed. Or, at least 1-2 speeds away. And third, play relentlessly. Don't limit yourself to one pack. Go through all the songs you have. Then, go back and re-do them. Play them in any order, but do not advance to the next one until you've reached a certain score on EVERY song. I wouldn't let myself go on until I had at least an A on all my songs. Then an AA. Etc etc.

Anyway, best of luck. I'm glad you're sticking around the forums and chats, and congratulations on reaching your goal!

qqwref 03-14-2009 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rzr (Post 3016717)
Play them in any order, but do not advance to the next one until you've reached a certain score on EVERY song. I wouldn't let myself go on until I had at least an A on all my songs. Then an AA. Etc etc.

I would not recommend this. I tried doing that back when I first got the Keyboard Megapack and I gave up when I saw there were a couple of really hard songs there that there was no way I would AA without a huge amount of whoring. Whoring isn't fun and you shouldn't play a song over and over in SM just to get a good score - unless you're going for some kind of world record, it's not worth it and you'll just destroy that score in a few months anyway. Unlike FFR a song won't just leave you alone if you AAA it :P

I'd say to get a pack of songs you can do well on (consistently near-AAA, that is) and a pack of songs that are hard enough you can barely/not pass. Obviously you should also get a few packs in the middle. The point is that if you just limit yourself to songs you are comfortable with, you might have a hard time improving beyond what you could do when you started with SM, because you won't have any practice reading the tougher patterns. Play easier songs to work on accuracy if you feel you need that, play songs at your level to work on getting better at parts you have trouble with, and play songs that are too hard to work on speed and reading/hitting tricky bursts. If you find a song you think is really good training for a particular pattern you're having trouble with, try using rate mods - a single song can be used to practice for the same thing at a lot of different speeds.

[TeRa] 03-14-2009 08:16 AM

Don't know if anyone answered this yet, but uhh, you have to extract the pack from the .rar file before putting it into songs and starting up SM >_>

Also, work on MA in SM, that's how you'll get much better. Grats on under 1000 AvRank, when you come back to FFR in two months, good luck with under 100 :o

phe0nixblade 03-14-2009 08:30 AM

and no one guessed his problem is vista ?_?