Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   hi19hi19's Delicious Custom Theme Tournament (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=122379)

sticklydude 03-3-2012 08:05 PM

Re: hi19hi19's Delicious Custom Theme Tournament

Welp, hopefully I can hold onto 3rd place.

hi19hi19 03-3-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poison- (Post 3650692)
No early round 5? :(

I already posted why.
Finally finished entertaining guests (I had a German exchange student over, lots of fun talking to him) so yeah, I will post it within a half an hour or so.

Also, _Zenith_ sent me a PM with a quite valid reason for an extension, so that has been granted. As long as there is a good reason, I am understanding.

who_cares973 03-3-2012 09:16 PM

can i get an extension just cuz?

TC_Halogen 03-3-2012 09:18 PM

poor Dossar, forever alone according to the spreadsheet

hi19hi19 03-3-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3650757)
poor Dossar, forever alone according to the spreadsheet

rip D5A :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 3650756)
can i get an extension just cuz?

For you bby, anything

aka no

yo man im awesome 03-3-2012 09:24 PM

wait a second....

There is a disturbance in the force...

Poison- 03-3-2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 3650755)
I already posted why.

Oops. Sorry, didn't know.

TC_Halogen 03-3-2012 09:31 PM

hey, I'd be willing to jump in for fun against Dossar, although he'll murder me and throw me to the dogs

Ninty64 03-3-2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 3650755)
I will post it within a half an hour or so.

HYPE!

Elite Ninja 03-3-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3650768)
hey, I'd be willing to jump in for fun against Dossar, although he'll murder me and throw me to the dogs

!_! in b4 AJ gets a major skillboost and wins \o/

hi19hi19 03-3-2012 09:48 PM

Round 5
Theme: Potpourri
About the theme:
Potpourri - noun \ˌpō-pu̇-ˈrē\ - a miscellaneous collection.
(Sorry if you were hoping this round to be songs about dried herbs)
For more information on this round's theme, check out the side game.

As usual you can find these files in genre 8 on the Dossar Tournament Engine.

D1
Silence
Artist: Delirium ft. Sarah McLachlan
Steps: hi19hi19
Difficulty: 9
Length: 2:00
Max Combo: 797
Framers: 0,0,0,0,33

About the file: So Freefall wound up being a *bit* harder than intended, but that's okay.
This round returns down to a solid 9, and focuses heavily on slow minijacks.
At only 98 BPM this song is much slower than Freefall, but the pattern choice should still give you a good challenge.
In addition to a very long minijack section, there are some tricky fast (12)(23)(34) transitions to practice.
This also serves as a nice introduction to special color gimmicks. Enjoy, D1 :)

D2
Crunk De Gaulle (Second Movement)
Artist: edIT
Steps: wc
Difficulty: 11
Length: 1:42
Max Combo: 733
Framers: 0,0,0,31,29

About the file: D2 is graced with a file from master Carlos.
This file is a very high 10, borderline 11. It features a decent length 260 bpm stream burst, and some tricky jack patterns and interesting rhythms.
This file is an FFR-ized preview of a file wc submitted to the FFR Spring Community Pack, so if you want to check out a version with holds and SM-styled patterns be sure to grab that pack when it comes out!
Anyone interested in this song should know its full name is Crunk De Gaulle (feat. TTC, Busdriver and D-Styles)

D3
Harvest Dance
Artist: DJ Kentaro
Steps: Anaru & hi19hi19
Difficulty: 11
Length: 3:17
Max Combo: 2051
Framers: 0,0,1,74,92

About the file: Well now this is a surprise!
Anaru may have been disqualified from the tournament, but it's clear that one thing about him is not BS at all: his simfile making skills.
This file is a definite step up from Speed This, clocking in as a long high FMO.
There's a few long trills, some jacks, a stream burst (at 266 bpm) and some other smaller, faster bursts to deal with.
This file really tests a little of everything over its 3:17 running time.

D4
Final Battle
Artist: Oak's Parcel
Steps: hi19hi19
Difficulty: 12
Length: 2:09
Max Combo: 1486
Framers: 0,0,0,68,89

About the file: Oak's Parcel is a rather obscure Nintendocore artist.
I came across his music on YouTube and started listening largely because I found the name "Oak's Parcel" to be completely awesome.
Then I heard this song and realized it was incredibly steppable.
So D4, enjoy your 260 bpm jumpstream bursts and other myriad fast patterns! Thankfully they flow extremely well, or else this round could have gotten out of hand easily.
Members of D4B note that this file is possibly the hardest one you will have to play in the tournament- next round is actually considerably easier. You'll see how it all works out :)

D5
Playing Super Mario World While Taking Mushrooms
Artist: Shnabubula
Steps: SKG_Scintill
Length: 3:09
Max Combo: 2627
Framers: 0,0,15,77,62

About the file: Scintill showed me this file many months ago in vidchat.
Apparently it had been rejected from some packs, probably for being overlayered and stupidly difficult.
But I loved the file- this is the kind of layerdump that I enjoy playing all the time!
I realized it would fit perfectly in this totally random round of my tournament. So I asked Scintill if I could use it and here it is.
Despite being only 180 BPM, this file is still extraordinarily challenging. At 14.25 arrows per second this file is actually denser than Death Piano!
Oh, and that surprise I've been going on about? A split jumpjack difficulty spike section, in the style of the two "Kirby" levels in FFR. bmah would be proud.

People have accused me of choosing files specifically to troll people- that hasn't really been the case... until now.
Enjoy, D5! :twisted:

ROUND 5 FILES DOWNLOAD LINK
Note: some of the graphics are missing or incomplete. They will be there when I release the whole pack at the end.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Side Game: Name the Theme

So this round doesn't have a theme, right?
WRONG! The theme just hasn't been realized yet... and it's up to you to come up with it!

The terms of this side game are pretty simple: PM me what you think the theme of this round ought to be.
Everyone gets one submission, though you are free to change your submission at any time.
Once the round ends, I will post everyone's suggestions in the thread, along with who won.

Entries will simply be judged on how much I like them:
You could try very creative, very silly, or possibly even very astute, the kind of thing that makes me say "oh wow that IS a theme for these 5 songs that I never noticed!"

I will be giving out no less than 100k credits for this side game, so you stand to win a lot!

If there's a tie of some sort, my go-to tiebreakers will be qqwref and members the Team Blaze Skype chat (though said people are still free to enter)
This is a totally informal competition and I am hoping people will be able to enjoy some of the goofy ideas people come up with.

Regardless, I'll give this disclaimer anyway:
Anyone getting butthurt about this side game will be publicly ridiculed and/or penalized.

Keep it fun, folks.

hi19hi19 03-3-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3650768)

Considering the sad state of D5A at the moment, I'm willing to make an exception for you :-D
In all fairness, considering how late you are joining, qqwref and I agreed this would have to be just be for fun and competition, and no credits.
If you are okay with that though, post some scores for all the previous rounds before the end of Round 5 and we'll count you in.

yo man im awesome 03-3-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 3650779)
D5
Playing Super Mario World While Taking Mushrooms
Artist: Shnabubula
Steps: SKG_Scintill
Length: 3:09
Max Combo: 2627
Framers: 0,0,15,77,62

About the file: Scintill showed me this file many months ago in vidchat.
Apparently it had been rejected from some packs, probably for being overlayered and stupidly difficult.
But I loved the file- this is the kind of layerdump that I enjoy playing all the time!
I realized it would fit perfectly in this totally random round of my tournament. So I asked Scintill if I could use it and here it is.
Despite being only 180 BPM, this file is still extraordinarily challenging. At 14.25 arrows per second this file is actually denser than Death Piano!
Oh, and that surprise I've been going on about? A split jumpjack difficulty spike section, in the style of the two "Kirby" levels in FFR. bmah would be proud.

People have accused me of choosing files specifically to troll people- that hasn't really been the case... until now.
Enjoy, D5! :twisted:

If I didn't like you/your files so much I would had you shot for that statement.

But like I said, I like you/your files, so you get to live! Isn't it wonderful? Also, when are the 13's poppin' in?

Poison- 03-3-2012 10:05 PM

Next round is easier?

sanzath 03-3-2012 10:05 PM

*waiting for ninty to poop out something like 25-0-34-0*

bballa48 03-3-2012 10:07 PM

Either you way over hyped this one in the description or I am really good at this song.

hi19hi19 03-3-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poison- (Post 3650789)
Next round is easier?

For you? Definitely not.

Dem confusing statements :twisted:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballa48 (Post 3650793)
Either you way over hyped this one in the description or I am really good at this song.

It's definitely easier overall than Tandava. Sorry if I led you to believe otherwise, but hey sometimes the hype train rolls where I don't want it to :P
It's mostly a 1-handed trilling and stamina exercise, but that jumpjack section is still very high FGO worthy.

Ninty64 03-3-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanzath (Post 3650790)
*waiting for ninty to poop out something like 25-0-34-0*

Not even close :p

I absolutely love this song/stepfile Hi19. Freakin amazing. I've already fully played through it 5 times.

Setting the mood for D5 :D (or just posting my score before people start pooping on it)

Edit: Darn someone already pooped on it

Poison- 03-3-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 3650794)
For you? Definitely not.

:twisted:

Bring it on.:)

megamon88 03-3-2012 10:09 PM

of course i do better on this than phalanx