Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Regarding the recovery a 'lost' account... (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=110557)

Brian Inc 07-16-2009 12:37 AM

Regarding the recovery a 'lost' account...

I've been around this site for years, and my account before this one, which I mistakenly forgot the password to, hasn't been accessed by me for nearly 2 years (maybe more), and it's still under the 2000k overall rank- just meaning that I was pretty prevalent for the time, top 200ish player. But of course, with a large absence, I'm sure I've created a margin I'll have to close again...>___<

ANYWAYS!

I know my username as well as the email address it was assigned to. I have forgotten the password, of course, so once I get the invalid password or username screen, I click the password recovery link. I then fill it out with the 100% correct information, because I am then told that it is going to send the email address the missing information:

"Your username and details about how to reset your password have been sent to you by email. You will now be returned to where you were before."

The standard stuff...Well, I've been ready to get back into FFR for a month or so now, so I've been trying to recover this account for obvious reasons. So I have been sending my email in about once a week for a month now, and the big problem is I never get a response. FFR never emails me. I don't understand it. I could make an alternative profile, use the same email address with a small change, same email site, and I would receive the information almost automatically.

It might be a technical problem, my account might have gone too far into the abyss to recover (almost 2 years of inactivity), or I am doing something wrong.
Any ideas?

And thank you for your time. :)

Cloud0005 07-16-2009 02:23 AM

Re: Regarding the recovery a 'lost' account...

arent you on it right now?

Brian Inc 07-16-2009 02:30 AM

No, this is my second account, which I made directly after losing the password to the first one. *shrugs* Does anyone have any ideas?

badman7772 07-16-2009 02:32 AM

It's a technical problem. Doesn't work for me either.

cedolad 07-16-2009 02:33 AM

I believe, some of the inactive profiles went under. I'm not too sure, so you may have to start over. Or it's a technical problem.

btw: You're ava creeps me out bro.

Cloud0005 07-16-2009 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Inc (Post 3148472)
No, this is my second account, which I made directly after losing the password to the first one. *shrugs* Does anyone have any ideas?

wait so you lost the password two years ago?

And your just making a thread about it now?

Dr Tran 07-16-2009 03:13 AM

pm tass or LD

OnTheRox 07-16-2009 05:11 AM

It never emails me either when I lose my passwords. I just pm an admin when it happens. They really should fix that though cuz it's pretty annoying to have to ask them every single time. >_>

Brian Inc 07-16-2009 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloud0005 (Post 3148477)
wait so you lost the password two years ago?

And your just making a thread about it now?

Transitional phases of the teenage years and such. I quit FFR because I got sucked into a whole big mess of average teenage experimental kinda stuff. I've just recently returned, with full force to recover what I've lost.

And I have contacted the site through the 'Contact Us' option... I hope I get a response. >___<

And about my avatar, that picture is from back in '06, I was 14 or 15...and I'm almost 19. >:3

devonin 07-16-2009 07:47 AM

The only other account that has ever accessed FFR from your IP was made in 2008. If you could PM me with the information you have about the original account, I can at least doublecheck, for example, that you've got the correct e-mail address, and that the account still exists etc.

Sprite- 07-16-2009 01:02 PM

The email function on the site does not work. Unfortunately, the only way to get this problem solved is to get in contact with an admin. You can try to contact Tasselfoot on AIM.

STD_Sappy 07-17-2009 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sprite- (Post 3148769)
The email function on the site does not work. Unfortunately, the only way to get this problem solved is to get in contact with an admin. You can try to contact Tasselfoot on AIM.

Try*, it's not like he ever answers.